AC ANNOUNCEMENT: New Fat-Alfie championship including Battenbergring

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I understand, that many of the drivers enjoy races even more, if there's a variety of cars available.
On the other hand there are racers, who are able to extract anything out of each car, so any small difference can make the difference.

So when it comes to the challenge human against human, I'm all for handing anyone the same material.

However, I always take it as it comes and I'm happy about the enthusiasts here, who organize our pleasure.
I agree if it's a single event. But I really like in a championship that there are more cars that have an edge, depending on the track. We now have that with the Abarth/MX5 combination. The MX5 is better in the corners and the Abarth has the fastest top speed.
So it depends on the straights and their length, which car is fastest.
Now all Fat-Alfies tracks have different kinds of turns, but also a very long straight.
So I can't predict which car will be the best in a championship with these cars.

The same goes for the options cars (hopefully).

Last edited:
Han, just to bring more confusion, have you thought about 74 911RSR?

Great fun to drive, think it would suit the tracks. But I can't think of a 2nd or 3rd car as a competitor from the same period or with similar performance. Maybe someone else has an idea.

No, I haven't considered individual cars because I like when one particular car fits a track better than the other (within a series of races).

EDIT: Why I like this? Well, because you can't change cars in a championship which means that better drivers on certain tracks will have a car that is slightly inferior the the other car thus giving more battles.

Last edited:
If cars are still not decided i feel there would be a lot of support for a Porsche 917k championship on these tracks.
Hi Steve, please read my EDIT in the previous post for my explanation why I want multiple cars in a championship. If you know a car with similar performance and from the same era, please let me know.

But I can always organize a single event with the 917K.

Last edited:
Hi Han, think something got lost in translation with my post :)

I'm thinking the same as you 2 or 3 cars with similar (but not identical) lap times and with different strengths and weakness.

Just for Info, I tried the 911 RSR and Pessio Pantera Grp4 (available on RD). They produced similar lap times on Lausiztring, the 911 better in the twisty bits, the Pantera way quicker on the straights.

Just a hint for you Han ;)

Last edited:
Hi Han, think something got lost in translation with my post :)

I'm thinking the same as you 2 or 3 cars with similar (but not identical) lap times and with different strengths and weakness.

Just for Info, I tried the 911 RSR and Pessio Pantera Grp4 (available on RD). They produced similar lap times on Lausiztring, the 911 better in the twisty bits, the Pantera way quicker on the straights.

Just a hint for you Han ;)
The 911 RSR is available on S.GP. The Pantera isn't. But I will try it and maybe I can squeeze it in with my request for Battenbergring and the update of Thomson.

EDIT: I find two cars when I search for Pantera on RD. Which one is it or just send me the link, please?

Last edited:
So after a few hot laps in a couple cars on Feldbergring (cars mentioned here - mostly default setups), I thought I'd share the results of my "midfield" experiments :)

Porsche 962 Short Tail: 3:3X - Lots of work, but with the aero bite and the very few times you're down in 2nd gear, its not as unwieldy as I once thought. The more I drive Group C around these tracks the more I want to do it more... Still don't know how a race would go, but maybe we need to run a one off test and see :laugh:

Porsche 917 K: 3:4X - Similar to Group C, lots of fun for hot lapping, but with the extra weight moving around, I personally feel less confident in this than Group C in a race. Felt more confident in it than the Ford GT 40 though.

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0: 4:1X - Plays nicely at these tracks. Enough aero to feel confident on the track around others, but still some back end slide to remind you its an older car.

Ferrari 250 GT0: 4:3X - Similar top speed of the 911, but more weight moving around. Heavy, but manageable fun :) A bit like the 911 Porsche we drove last weekend with a bit more grip.

Porsche 718 RS Spyder: 4:5X - Felt a lot like the MX5 if the Mazda had 50 year old suspension :laugh:

Alfa Romeo GTA: 4:5X - A bit slower top speed than the 718, but the back stays more planted giving it lap times within a second. It's suspension is a blast to drive at these tracks :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Group C, as a "mixed class".

Group C has been done here before, an alien in the short tail will be about 6 seconds of a lap faster. the Mazda with a midfielder;) will be struggling against a long tail or short tail with a midfielder, but with the disadvantage of the long straight, as will the short tail.
Once the long tail is in front, then overtaking is close to impossible.

if the midfielder gets a long tail or merc in front from the start, highly likely, then the fastest short tail will have an almost impossible task of getting by.
That assumes that these can be kept on the road for 45minuits, the short tail is more like an overpowered gt3 with attitude, certainly the most stable of all these cars.

The Mercedes is the joker in the pack, if you can keep it going for most of the circuit, then nothing can touch it on the long straight, or any straight you try and overtake it on, good luck with that.

For a championship, where selecting just one car for all circuits will make for interesting racing, some may just find these cars hard to live with, that is the advantage of the short tail, where that leaves the Mazda is somewhat perplexing, perhaps you could give that car ABS and TC.;)

PS
with "normals":unsure: driving, all 4 give the same lap time, when aliens are involved, then times can be all over the place.:)

Hi Han,
to add even more confusion, would you mind testing this Ferrari Daytona, also by Pessio. I’ve not tried it yet but his mods are very good.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferrari-365-gtb-4-daytona-competizione.52031/
Done. First impression after one lap on Battenberring: Nice sound, especially with shifting. Great interior. Behaves a bit like the Pantera. Don't know if they have comparable performance. Needs more testing so if there are any volunteers for that?

:( booo.... :)

Great work, apart from that omission.
What is the general feeling about small objects with collision? I must admit, with all the testing I have been doing on Thomson Road over the last couple of weeks, I have cursed quite loudly on numerous occasions when I have been pushed wide by an AI driver and collected by a lamp post.

Would most people prefer to keep the collision objects unchanged? Or remove the lamp post collisions? Now is the time to make any changes, before I finalise v1.1 and release it on RD.

What is the general feeling about small objects with collision? I must admit, with all the testing I have been doing on Thomson Road over the last couple of weeks, I have cursed quite loudly on numerous occasions when I have been pushed wide by an AI driver and collected by a lamp post.

Would most people prefer to keep the collision objects unchanged? Or remove the lamp post collisions? Now is the time to make any changes, before I finalise v1.1 and release it on RD.

I'm only joking about the lampposts, really. I raced the track when I was a lot less experienced and wasn't good at avoiding them. They are part of the challenge and a reminder of how deadly these tracks were in their day.

In recent race practice on one of your tracks I came a cropper on a few of the milestones but once I learned it I was fine for the race. So overall, I think you should keep them as they are (god help me). :)

Done. First impression after one lap on Battenberring: Nice sound, especially with shifting. Great interior. Behaves a bit like the Pantera. Don't know if they have comparable performance. Needs more testing so if there are any volunteers for that?

I'll have a go, but on a shorter track that I can drive somewhat consistently . The times won't be alien but hopefully consistent :)

I like all the collisions objects. Not only add those to the challenge but also contribute to the reality feeling of racing on road tracks. So no changes for me.

Wouldn't change a thing David, imho these objects are part of the amazing immersion and reality 'of the day/era', if that makes sense!:D

Thanks again for these fantastic tracks:inlove:

Latest News

Back