AC ANNOUNCEMENT: New Fat-Alfie championship including Battenbergring

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
my tuesdays are freeing up so I'd be really happy to take part in this championship. I was really miffed that I couldn't do the last one. Car wise I would probably go for the GTO although I've used the Porsche 962 on several of these tracks for hotlapping but they probably would be too much of a handful to race with especially with these narrow tracks. btw @HF2000 what time would the races actually begin?

my tuesdays are freeing up so I'd be really happy to take part in this championship. I was really miffed that I couldn't do the last one. Car wise I would probably go for the GTO although I've used the Porsche 962 on several of these tracks for hotlapping but they probably would be too much of a handful to race with especially with these narrow tracks. btw @HF2000 what time would the races actually begin?
Practice 19.00 (BST)
Qually 20.20
Race 20.45
A practice server will be the whole week available 24/7.

I think I'll have to withdraw from this series, it's not for me. These tracks of Fat Alfie's are not like race tracks and need a different kind of racing skill imho. They take a lot more care from the racers or you just get a lot of carnage and I'm an old guy with old school attitudes to racing and I tire of over-aggressive behaviour. I'm actually thinking of giving up completely tbh as it is not just this club, but pretty much every club I've ever raced with. I race with the attitude as if we were in real cars on real tracks with real dangers and race with appropriate care and respect which means patience. So I feel out of place. Sorry if this bothers any one.

I'm very sorry to hear that Neal. Racing with care and respect for eachother is exactly what I'm aiming for with my events. And I thought we made quite a progress on that in our community. So I feel very disappointed that you had this experience with us. I hope you will find it elsewhere though.
My events will always be open for you so feel welcome to try it again sometime in the future.

I'm very sorry to hear that Neal. Racing with care and respect for eachother is exactly what I'm aiming for with my events. And I thought we made quite a progress on that in our community. So I feel very disappointed that you had this experience with us. I hope you will find it elsewhere though.
My events will always be open for you so feel welcome to try it again sometime in the future.
I was greatly encouraged by your preamble before the race but from my perspective at the back end of the pack it is not what I saw. On such narrow roads and at the high speeds we go at there is really only one racing line and if that gets taken away the end result is no where to go but crash.

I was greatly encouraged by your preamble before the race but from my perspective at the back end of the pack it is not what I saw. On such narrow roads and at the high speeds we go at there is really only one racing line and if that gets taken away the end result is no where to go but crash.
I agree with you that it requires a different kind of racing than on racecircuits and that a lot of the drivers struggle with that (including me) but some battles I had (and also on other Fat-Alfie track) shows that overtaking while going side by side through some corners can be done if both drivers are respectful and will accept their loss.
But this was a new combo (car and track) and that made it quite difficult to make the right decisions in a fight. At least it was for me. I think a lot have had practice but now with other cars around so everyone had experience on the raceline but now off it. It needs time to learn. I expect it to go much better with the Abarth/Mazda cars because all drivers from the Wednesday events are very familiar with their car. The championship with the GTO/TVR will be another story but we're starting with Thomson Road, followed by Bremgarten so that are tracks a bit more suitable to get used to the cars.

@nepal roade
I sympathise with You Neal, I can can easily understand, especially as I am an old git.
I take and have since I joined this server the attitude that this is the way things are, ( it is racing ) but I have a big advantage over most in that I really do not care if I win or if I am last.
If I do well I smile, if I do badly I just shrug my shoulders, if a shunt is done on purpose I get annoyed, the annoyed bit has only occurred on a couple of occasions in the last 4 years.
If someone really wants to overtake I just help them get by.
I then , if I have the pace, or more importantly have better pace, just wait for an opportunity. If I take a risk I am fully prepared to take the consequences.
I generally look to see we’re the next person is behind, what I am going to gain, is the risk viable.
So my answer is to you is expect the worst and hope for the best.
This is a great forum and race department server to be on.
We’re not all the same, that is why I do not drive against Ai.
We want a race we’re everyone of all abilities can compete. Just do not expect miracles, be smart and calculating.
Just one other point, if we were all the same, it would be a train of all like minded totally predictable drivers with no emotion. That sounds very boring.
I just take note of every one here and I particularly like Fulvio, he is fast and more importantly very fair, most here are the same in varing degrees, I know who to and who not to run side by side.
Keeping out of trouble is really up to you in most cases.
Waffling has come to an end.

Attachments

• 421D1A79-A74D-4D18-980C-71FC86BA46C4.png
    421D1A79-A74D-4D18-980C-71FC86BA46C4.png
    714.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I take and have since I joined this server the attitude that this is the way things are, ( it is racing ) but I have a big advantage over most in that I really do not care if I win or if I am last.
Hey, thanks for taking the time to make your comments. Yes, I know and understand this too, I do it for the intensity of challenge and the sheer fun of trying to do crazy things with a car, virtually of course. But as the saying goes it takes 2 to tango which I've also done many times but I've had so many races over the 10 or 11 years of sim racing ruined that I really have had enough. I accept we can all make mistakes and errors of judgement, me included but I always try to take extra care not to affect negatively anothers race. I usually feel mortified if I do even when I could not help doing so and to some extent that comes from driving in traffic in real life and having to adopt that attitude of care for others. Hmm now I'm getting preachy so I'll leave it there.

@

Dani Martinez(Chechum)

Just been trying my new "H" shifter out with the same..What times were you getting with it..
2:17 I was doing on 96% grip and 20ºC. But my laptimes are not a reference at all, I feel I'm very clumsy using the right foot for braking and my sequence during downshifting is slow with the clutch :roflmao: In the streets I can drive with no problems, I have my driver license :D but when it comes to fast cars (at least in virtual cars) I'm still quite bad. Besides, this car is more difficult because ideally it requires good skill of heel-toe to be more competitive.

I'll do more attempts once I have known the rest of the tracks. But damn, every track is longer than the last one, one of them is 25 km long I'm afraid!!

Latest News

Back