AC ANNOUNCEMENT: New Fat-Alfie championship including Battenbergring

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Pro/Am class. Interesting suggestion. Unfortunately it isn't supported with one car in the same event.
I can organize two separate races at the same time but how to decide between pro and am. We don't have a ranking for that. That would be great though. Maybe in AC2?

Could I jump in for maybe one or two races? I'm not sure I could commit to an entire championship, but it would be cool to do a couple of races with you guys, especially seeing the possible car choices.

Maybe I could be a non-scoring driver, so that if I somehow managed to get in the points, I wouldn't deny points from someone who had commited to the entire championship.

Pro/Am class. Interesting suggestion. Unfortunately it isn't supported with one car in the same event.
I can organize two separate races at the same time but how to decide between pro and am. We don't have a ranking for that. That would be great though. Maybe in AC2?
I was thinking more like a multi-class - with a powerful car for the fast drivers and a slower car for mortals

Last edited:
I was thinking more like a multi-class - with a powerful car for the fast drivers and a slower car for mortals
That's possible of course. Like Group C and GTA? Or from the options Group C and GTO/TVR?

It's like what I had in mind with the Abarth/Mazda combination, where the Abarth is more difficult to drive and has the fuel and tyre wear challenges and the Mazda is the easy ride (imho).

Last edited:
I might as well chime in, any car, any night.

( skippy , Noooooooooo ) the only exception.
E5F674C2-8545-4C7B-85BD-F7E52BFA8A5F.jpeg

I might as well chime in, any car, any night.

( skippy , Noooooooooo ) the only exception.
View attachment 576748
No Ernie, that's not helpful ;) . From the options please. You may like them all but surely you have a preference for one of them.

Welcome back btw, I hope you had a great holiday in France!
Now you can help me to defeat that cocky Allan in his Mazda with our crabwalkers!

Last edited:
Could I jump in for maybe one or two races? I'm not sure I could commit to an entire championship, but it would be cool to do a couple of races with you guys, especially seeing the possible car choices.

Maybe I could be a non-scoring driver, so that if I somehow managed to get in the points, I wouldn't deny points from someone who had commited to the entire championship.
We'd all love to have you, I'm sure!

A championship at S.GP is limited to the number of entrants on the track with the fewest pit stops, namely Thomson with 24.

Any participant can miss races in the championship, they just don't get points for that event. So it's not a problem if you miss some races.

But if you were to take a spot from someone who is committed to the whole championship, I won't know until the first race.
Drivers have to register for the championship after I release it and can do so even after the championship has started, as long as there are places available. So I don't know if the grid will be full.

You can wait until shortly before the first race to see if there are still spots available.
But I will also be hosting a single event as a premiere for the Battenbergring, probably with the Lotus25. I'll make sure you get a spot as an honorary participant.

'Tis done. Start positions and pit boxes increased to 40 (the most I could realistically fit in without major work). I just need to do a bit of testing, unless anyone knows of any other issues with this track. It's pretty old now and I haven't played it in years...
That's more than great, David:) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ! Thank you very much!
That will increase the number of participants to 30 which will be sufficient!

We have done quite a few races here since I organize events for RD. I haven't encountered any problems.

Someone else? (and don't mention the deadly lamppost behind the hump/jump: that's a feature! :p )

'Tis done. Start positions and pit boxes increased to 40
That's one way to ensure a grid spot for yourself in the series :D :thumbsup:

And @HF2000 yeah was thinking multi-class GTO/GTA when I suggested it. I had just watched some Sebring '66 clips so that was on my mind. Though the more I think about it, I can't decide if it would facilitate more battles, or dilute them :coffee:. I'm curious to see how the Porsche race compares tomorrow :geek:

Might just be fun/easier to run a one off "vintage touring" GTA race at one of these tracks instead of combining :) (or swap a mazda/abarth race for a alfa GTA & vintage Mini Cooper (those are on S.GP right?) if you want to include the FWD drivers)

I'll get back in my car now and stop suggesting things :p

Last edited:
To come back to the day of the week. How about sunday?
Since the races in cest are quite late, I would suggest sunday.
You're still halfway rested there.

Latest News

Back