AC ANNOUNCEMENT: New Fat-Alfie championship including Battenbergring

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Group C are the
  • Mazda 787B
  • Mercedes Benz C9 1989 LM
  • Porsche 962 C Longtail
  • Porsche 962 C Shorttail
These cars have very different characteristics. The C9 and the Longtail have a very high top speed but are difficult to handle because of the low downforce. The other two are better in turns but get blown away on the straights. So on a track like LeMans it's quite obvious which car you should pick. But as this is a championship you have consider all tracks.

I think I will organize a race on Spa with these cars in a couple of weeks to get data about tyre wear and fuel usage to make sure that that won't be a big problem for one of the cars in the championship. I want a battle on performance, not on tyre or fuel management.
Great! Good to have all the Group C cars as options.

Now it has been decided that for this championship we will use the 250GTO/TVR Griffith combination, I want to inform you and especially those who preferred the Group C cars that I intend to organize a Long Track Championship with the Group c.

Start January 2023, every two weeks on Tuesday.

The tracks with a minimum of 10km available on S.GP.
  • Monza66
  • Deutschlandring
  • Feldbergring
  • Black Cat County Long
  • Highlands Long
  • LeMans
  • Battenbergring
  • Fonteny
  • Nordschleife
  • Fonteny Reverse.
Please reply this post for your reaction if you like it and want to participate.
Would definitely like to do that Han :thumbsup:
There's 2 races I'd miss, I think (could be away), but would be great to get back into Grp C again:inlove:

Would definitely like to do that Han :thumbsup:
There's 2 races I'd miss, I think (could be away), but would be great to get back into Grp C again:inlove:
Great John! Missing two won't be a problem. The 8 (out of 10) best results will used for the standings.

Last edited:
Now it has been decided that for this championship we will use the 250GTO/TVR Griffith combination, I want to inform you and especially those who preferred the Group C cars that I intend to organize a Long Track Championship with the Group c.

Start January 2023, every two weeks on Tuesday.

The tracks with a minimum of 10km available on S.GP.
  • Monza66
  • Deutschlandring
  • Feldbergring
  • Black Cat County Long
  • Highlands Long
  • LeMans
  • Battenbergring
  • Fonteny
  • Nordschleife
  • Fonteny Reverse.
Please reply this post for your reaction if you like it and want to participate.
I'd be game Han, sounds fun

How can i say no. Sounds great. Not sure about Fonteny though. Will be carnage i would imagine. Anyway, count me in if it goes ahead Han
Hi Steve,

I understand that you expect a carnage. But we did once a race on the Feldbergring with these cars and that was one of the best and most enjoyable races I had. The flow and challenges of Fonteny are not that different from Feldbergring. But of course if you want to go fast, you need a lot of practice for a track of 25km.
I'm such a fan of Fonteny and I think I've driven it with most of the racing cars available in stock AC and DLC's.

I have also organized once a surprise race met the available SUV's on Fonteny Reverse. Yes that was quite a carnage, fortunately with cars that have off road capabilities :roflmao:. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/fastest-holiday-driver-thursday-15th-july-2021.205055/

EDIT: just re-read the after race comments in that thread. Very positive. So I think I will do it again with those cars.

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

I understand that you expect a carnage. But we did once a race on the Feldbergring with these cars and that was one of the best and most enjoyable races I had. The flow and challenges of Fonteny are not that different from Feldbergring. But of course if you want to go fast, you need a lot of practice for a track of 25km.
I'm such a fan of Fonteny and I think I've driven it with most of the racing cars available in stock AC and DLC's.

I have also organized once a surprise race met the available SUV's on Fonteny Reverse. Yes that was quite a carnage, fortunately with cars that have off road capabilities :roflmao:. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/fastest-holiday-driver-thursday-15th-july-2021.205055/

EDIT: just read the after race comments in that thread. Very positive. So I think I will do it again with those cars.
Hi Han, i guess your right about the flow so as you say it should work well. Spent many an hour or two on Fonteny so know it quite well myself. As i have said before, if all we had were D Ps tracks to play with i would be more than happy with a few Sergio,s thrown in for good measure

I'd love to take part of a group C championship. Not sure where I'll be living by January, so I would love to have the championship now :D I'm missing a second simracing league, besides Ferrari GTO/TVR.
If my opinions counts, I wouldn't pick super long tracks, we already have them in Ferrari 250/TVR league (and I think also in Mazda/Abarth? ). But I agree on long standard tracks like Spa, Nordschleife... Bahrain would be great too

I'd love to take part of a group C championship. Not sure where I'll be living by January, so I would love to have the championship now :D I'm missing a second simracing league, besides Ferrari GTO/TVR.
If my opinions counts, I wouldn't pick super long tracks, we already have them in Ferrari 250/TVR league (and I think also in Mazda/Abarth? ). But I agree on long standard tracks like Spa, Nordschleife... Bahrain would be great too
Next week a try out with Group C on Spa!

Latest News

Back