AC ANNOUNCEMENT: New Fat-Alfie championship including Battenbergring

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Done. First impression after one lap on Battenberring: Nice sound, especially with shifting. Great interior. Behaves a bit like the Pantera. Don't know if they have comparable performance. Needs more testing so if there are any volunteers for that?
Please don't stray from the path Han. It's the TVR v GTO all the way mate - you know it makes sense. :D

I originally didn't express interest in this, because after the last two championships, I got a bit bored of driving alone at the front.

However, I can't be bothered reading through 6 pages, so could someone tell me which car/class won the 'vote'? :) Thanks in advance.
Lazy boy!

Well, the vote is still on until we've got Battenbergring and the 40 pits version of Thomson on S.GP.
Current standings:
  • GTO/TVR 13
  • 330/GT40/908 8
  • Group C 3
Tuesday : 13
Thursday : 13

Last edited:
That sounds like a rather amazing idea - I've been wanting to take part in a historic championship forever, but the opportunity never came up.
For the cars, the Ferrari and TVR would probably be the most appropriate for this style of track, but just to keep it interesting, my vote goes to the GT40/330P4/908LH - should be good fun as well! Tuesdays would be best for me.

I just did a couple of laps on thomson road for testing. I have two questions. How can Ferrari 250GTO/TVR Griffith 200 be balanced?
And secondly. Are we possibly going to be driving with this whole SOL thing and time of day change? I tried that out a bit. That was incredibly great.

I just did a couple of laps on thomson road for testing. I have two questions. How can Ferrari 250GTO/TVR Griffith 200 be balanced?
And secondly. Are we possibly going to be driving with this whole SOL thing and time of day change? I tried that out a bit. That was incredibly great.
I think the idea of 2 cars with different strengths is that you choose a car for the championship. One car will have the advantage at some tracks and vice versa. You pays yer money and makes yer choice. :)

Last edited:
Definitely a nice idea. Basically as it was back then
Is there a plan for when this might start yet?
Fat-Alfie has just released his update for Thompson Road. I've asked to upload this track and the new Battenbergring to S.GP. When that's is done, I will setup the championships, starting somewhere in September (after the holiday season).

Yes, we start with twenty drivers, by half way through the race there are only six left, of those then 2 disappear. That was when we put it to , I think 60%.
Sounds like a very good idea, but with such a spread of talent, plus different car and tracks, has always failed miserably here on race department.:)

PS remember you still get damage when you are perfectly innocent of any accidents.

Last edited:
I just noticed something when checking some old championship race threads: is it true that even in championship races the damage is at 10% only?
The reason for using 10% damage is that we all want to have fun and therefore don't want your race to be ruined by damage, which in many cases isn't even your own fault. What we do instead is use the Golden Rule so that whoever causes an incident is "punished" in the same way as their victim.
Incidents of violating the Golden Rule or other undesirable driving behavior (track limits) can be reported to staff, which can lead to a (temporary or even permanent) ban. In a championship we can use points deduction as a penalty.

This is how we make sure we race clean and respectful. Of course, racing incidents almost always happen, but I'm pretty sure the community in our events (Brian, Markus and myself) isn't causing them intentionally. The advantage is that after an incident everyone can continue (almost) without damage.

As a midfielder I am often the victim on the first lap which puts me lower in the rankings, but with a good car I am almost always able to get back to my starting position in the race. Those are the most rewarding races when the podium is out of reach anyway. This is only possible with a low damage value.

Last edited:
For me, 10% is positive for things like Han says, as in my case in almost every race somebody made a mistake or spun in lap 1 and could've destroyed my car. Honestly, I'd prefer 50% damage or so, but I have to say 10% damage saved my races (although I used to lose 15 seconds after not dodging incidents in front :D). The problem here is that maybe 10% might make people behave too brave or not caring that much about mistakes and consequences. In my opinion, we should care much more or apply penalties.

Last edited:
In my opinion, we should care much more or apply penalties.
Agree, but if incidents are not reported, the staff can't do anything. So we can all help to improve even more by reporting incidents, not only for penalties but also to discuss the situation with violator and victim.

But we also prefer that the victim first contacts the violator self and discuss it in a respectful way with the goal to learn both from it.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back