AC ANNOUNCEMENT: New Fat-Alfie championship including Battenbergring

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
May I be as bold to suggest a trick I have been using for the Abarth, this completely solves it’s high fuel consumption.

Attachments

• 1656246603642.png
    1656246603642.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 31
Pro/Am class. Interesting suggestion. Unfortunately it isn't supported with one car in the same event.
I can organize two separate races at the same time but how to decide between pro and am. We don't have a ranking for that. That would be great though. Maybe in AC2?
One solution to the Tuesday or Thursday debate could be say AM on Tuesday one week and Pro on Thursday of the following week (same track for both - so a bit like the MX5 practice event for Sunday's GT3 race).

People could then choose to do one championship or both (based on their availability/preferences). Just an idea if it doesn't cause more organisation issues for you Han.

I remember for Battenbergring it took me 1,5 hours to slightly remember each corner and an idea of how to take them.

Afterwards each lap was a big joy, to get closer to the limits of the track and the car, fine tuning brake points, turn in points, lines and corner speeds. So after 3 hours in sum, I can drive the track well.

I use the Ferrari 458 street version for this process on such tracks. It's well powered and has a nicely balanced handling but it's very agile. So from this point it's easy to scale up or down the knowledge when using faster or slower cars.

Now I wonder, how the process must look like to learn Fonteny. So far I didn't dare to start it. Any suggestions about a good approach?

Last edited:
I remember for Battenbergring it took me 1,5 hours to slightly remember each corner and an idea of how to take them.

Afterwards each lap was a big joy, to get closer to the limits of the track and the car, fine tuning brake points, turn in points, lines and corner speeds. So after 3 hours in sum, I can drive the track well.

I use the Ferrari 458 street version for this process on such tracks. It's well powered and has a nicely balanced handling but it's very agile. So from this point it's easy to scale up or down the knowledge when using faster or slower cars.

Now I wonder, how the process must look like to learn Fonteny. So far I didn't dare to start it. Any suggestions about a good approach?
Hmm, Fonteny! I remember I so much liked it, I drove it for hours with different types of cars. Started with a slow car (MX5 ND street version) moving up to GT3's. Never tried Group C though.

Fonteny also comes with a reverse version on which I organized a surprise race with SUV's once. Surprise meaning that the participants didn't know the track until just before the start of the event. None of us did ever drive it before (well I did one lap to check if it was OK for the event).
But I had nothing on my knowledge of the normal version. In reverse it feels like complete new track with other difficult parts. The flow is much better on the normal version though.

Why am I telling you this? Well, there's an evil plan growing in my head to add a seventh race to the championship with Fonteny in reverse:devilish:!

When is this due to start? And is it to be a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly series?

Not too worried about the day, but would go with the 250 GTO/TVR 200.
I will set it up when Battenbergring and the update of Thomson Road are available on S.GP. The developmentteam of S.GP is very busy so I don't know when that will be.
I was hoping to do some races before the holiday season but it's becoming more likely that we will start somewhere in September.

It's worth learning them. The immersion is outstanding.
I absolutely agree. If it were up to me we would ride this kind of track a lot more often.
I felt like I spent half of my time in AC on the Nordschleife, because you always found other human drivers there. I would love to ride a championship over 20 such tracks if there are so many of them. I was really excited about the F-1 Classic Car Championship and I was really ambitious to get a good place in the overall standings.
I can't wait for it to start. :thumbsup:

I absolutely agree. If it were up to me we would ride this kind of track a lot more often.
Well as for now the most chosen car option is the GTO/TVR.

But I also like to do a long track (> 10km) Championship with the Group C cars.
So Deutschlandring, Highlands Long, Feldbergring, Le Mans, Battenbergring, Black Cat County Long, Nordschleife.
Monza66 and Fonteny are also options that are available on S.GP.

How does that sound to you?

Well as for now the most chosen car option is the GTO/TVR.

But I also like to do a long track (> 10km) Championship with the Group C cars.
So Deutschlandring, Highlands Long, Feldbergring, Le Mans, Battenbergring, Black Cat County Long, Nordschleife.
Monza66 and Fonteny are also options that are available on S.GP.

How does that sound to you?
I love Group C! I'd even more love it, if not driven on Tuesdays and weekends.

No:(

Not sure. My guess would be vintage tyres.
Both versions of the TVR (road and race) and the GTO use "Vintage 60's" tyres. Can't find any information about these but presume they are crossplys from that era. In reality, back in the day I would imagine that there was little difference, if any between road and race tyres.... I might be wrong.

In my quick and dirty testing I found that there were pretty big gaps in performance between the race TVR, the GTO and the road TVR. They are all good fun though :)

In my quick and dirty testing I found that there were pretty big gaps in performance between the race TVR, the GTO and the road TVR. They are all good fun though :)
I understand, that many of the drivers enjoy races even more, if there's a variety of cars available.
On the other hand there are racers, who are able to extract anything out of each car, so any small difference can make the difference.

So when it comes to the challenge human against human, I'm all for handing anyone the same material.

However, I always take it as it comes and I'm happy about the enthusiasts here, who organize our pleasure.

Latest News

Back