The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Cars, spectators and power poles for Gelsenkirchen :). Almaring was only 750 metres long, but there were a lot of buildings and other things around the track. In other words, there is still a lot to do.

View attachment 499195

Very nice! Knowing your tracks, there'll be more detail in those 750m than a lot of them have in 10km. Looking forward to finding out more. Do you have a specific year or era you're basing it on? 70s? 80s?

Preparing Winter skin for Circuit du Laquais. :)
very early wip tho as I almost have no time to work on it :notworthy:
Screenshot_tmm_cupra_tcr_2020_fastfab_laquais_30-7-121-17-1-49.jpg

Where do you go after you've made a 224hp flat-six Bathtub and a 330hp V8 Tecpro barrier?

A Rotary powered Sofa?
Maybe a 11000hp Christmas Tree Dragster?
Perhaps a miniature V12-powered Le Mans circuit you can drive around?

They could all be very fun ideas, but they all have the same problem: too many wheels...

Let's solve that shall we.

bathtubteaser.png

I wanted to thank everyone for the overwhelmingly positive reception of my first mod, the 1927 Delage 15S8. Everyone's been just wonderful, and it's been exciting to get to share something with the community.

So, I've been working on a new project over the past few weeks and thought I'd share a quick preview with everyone. I'm taking a stab at track making this time, and the circuit I've chosen is the Autodrome de Miramas as it appeared in 1926 for the French Grand Prix.

Some quick background: Miramas was a 5.05km-long concrete oval circuit with two permanent chicanes and both curves being slightly banked at 2 degrees. The circuit still exists today, but it was bought by BMW in the 80s and converted into a test facility. BMW paved over the whole thing and added a ton of other test layouts so very little of the original circuit still exists.

Some interesting trivia: it's the longest oval track built for racing (longer ovals have been built for testing, but not for racing), and hosted what many consider to be the greatest fiasco in Grand Prix history, the 1926 French Grand Prix. Look it up, it's an interesting story.

The track is not terribly advanced yet, so far I just have a visual and physical mesh for the track surface, but I do finally have something to show. Here's an onboard video testing out the layout:

I'll make sure to post regular updates as I start filling things in.

I wanted to thank everyone for the overwhelmingly positive reception of my first mod, the 1927 Delage 15S8. Everyone's been just wonderful, and it's been exciting to get to share something with the community.

So, I've been working on a new project over the past few weeks and thought I'd share a quick preview with everyone. I'm taking a stab at track making this time, and the circuit I've chosen is the Autodrome de Miramas as it appeared in 1926 for the French Grand Prix.

Some quick background: Miramas was a 5.05km-long concrete oval circuit with two permanent chicanes and both curves being slightly banked at 2 degrees. The circuit still exists today, but it was bought by BMW in the 80s and converted into a test facility. BMW paved over the whole thing and added a ton of other test layouts so very little of the original circuit still exists.

Some interesting trivia: it's the longest oval track built for racing (longer ovals have been built for testing, but not for racing), and hosted what many consider to be the greatest fiasco in Grand Prix history, the 1926 French Grand Prix. Look it up, it's an interesting story.

The track is not terribly advanced yet, so far I just have a visual and physical mesh for the track surface, but I do finally have something to show. Here's an onboard video testing out the layout:

I'll make sure to post regular updates as I start filling things in.
Nice! We're in desperate need of inter-war era tracks in Assetto Corsa, as pre-70's post-war stuff doesn't feel quite one-to-one for the 9 inter-war cars we have so far.

Latest News

Back