The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Interesting technique with the slabs, did you place those by hand? I did these via array and displacement on certain vertex groups once. Pain in the ass to get it to line up with the visual mesh/texture :O_o:

btw texture, can't find the specific fence needed anywhere, so I'm baking one myself:
6.jpg

looks fine ingame I think:
7.jpg

(baked texture, not the full 3D object)

Last edited:
home made means the perfect normal map !

for the slabs, i followed my mesh which i subdivided by hand, then detached, rotated with a script, attached again
it looks pretty silly in game tho, they look like a mesh rather than proper concrete someone would build, but the driving feeling is achieved, bumpy but not too much, and the grip sucks, just how you'd expect !
It just needs to look good now ...
I guess the idea would be to find a good texture, map it nicely, then make your physical mesh out of that

in other news
the island now has radio and 4G !

1629747180392.png

just like the real thing. I have no idea how tall they can be. No info online.
20meters for the small one, and 60 the tall ?
1629747270110.png

home made means the perfect normal map !

for the slabs, i followed my mesh which i subdivided by hand, then detached, rotated with a script, attached again
it looks pretty silly in game tho, they look like a mesh rather than proper concrete someone would build, but the driving feeling is achieved, bumpy but not too much, and the grip sucks, just how you'd expect !
It just needs to look good now ...
I guess the idea would be to find a good texture, map it nicely, then make your physical mesh out of that

in other news
the island now has radio and 4G !

View attachment 498016

just like the real thing. I have no idea how tall they can be. No info online.
20meters for the small one, and 60 the tall ?
View attachment 498017
On that Large tower those point to point microwave antennas look to be like 2.8 meters roughly each
but if you look right at the bottom you can see that small house with a AC fan there
these are all roughly similar sizes within a couple of inches common ones around 800mm by 5-600mm tall
so X it by 550mm
Small one 36x550 which is like you said roughly 20 meters was dead on
Large one around 52 meters 93x550

239326462_530051791439946_6526954019207050638_n.png

Needing some advice on animating the chain and other moving engine parts. I can create a file "extra_animations" within which I can create [rotating_object_#] and then state a specific "RPM=####." However, this creates a fixed speed of movement for that object.

If I wanted to have the object move relative to the wheel speed of the vehicle what line of code should I input? Thanks!

View attachment 498347

Needing some advice on animating the chain and other moving engine parts. I can create a file "extra_animations" within which I can create [rotating_object_#] and then state a specific "RPM=####." However, this creates a fixed speed of movement for that object.

If I wanted to have the object move relative to the wheel speed of the vehicle what line of code should I input? Thanks!
I would leave the chain static, make a box around the chain like a LOD and UV map each segment piece around each link chain and stack all the UV on each over like 100x etc, then use 1 small texture say 256x128 and use a photo of the link chain and blur it with motion blur, so use what you did with the extra animations you could even have 3 sets of the chain and 3 sets of the animations + the blur settings, animation 0 - 0-5 kph animation 2 - 5-10kph animation 3 - 10-15kph then above this use the blur I mention will go full motion, this way you have a really nice transitional chain

here's the two layouts i've came up with

The West : with already working AI and cameras
Union_Map__west.jpg

And the scenic, famous "tour de l'ile", TDU style, with no AI, no cameras.
As i'm still wondering whether to make it clockwise or not
Union_Map__scenic.jpg

(no, not this kind of scénic)
1630011691443.png

----
for those who haven't seen it already
there's a video teaser !

Last edited:
View attachment 498779

Thanks for the help earlier. It's alive!

(Messing around with physics, 100hp version anyone? )
Oh god, a 100HP version would just be the glitched-out Motorwagen from GT4 all over again.

By the way, is this car going to be running solid rubber tyres or pneumatic tyres? I imagine implementation of solid rubber is a nightmare to implement in AC's tyre model.

Oh god, a 100HP version would just be the glitched-out Motorwagen from GT4 all over again.

By the way, is this car going to be running solid rubber tyres or pneumatic tyres? I imagine implementation of solid rubber is a nightmare to implement in AC's tyre model.
Ill be going for feel over exact coding. So we'll see if solid ends up feeling decent. I am trying to do it though.

A shitty Fiat 500 kitcar
also my first scratch made body
shitrender2cycles.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_abarth_595ss_buggy_test_aspertsham_27-7-121-10-55-18.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_abarth_595ss_buggy_test_aspertsham_27-7-121-10-55-18.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_ks_abarth_595ss_buggy_test_aspertsham_27-7-121-10-56-11.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_abarth_595ss_buggy_test_aspertsham_27-7-121-10-56-11.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 110

Latest News

Back