The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

This is a big engine, it's just a very large frame, 8" x 3" fully boxed and 140" wheelbase. Once I have the engine built I can shrink the car around it, eg. I've narrowed the frame 8" and I might be bringing down the top of the body slightly. I'm going to leave length alone even though there's room to shorten it cause it's gonna have a lot of torque and longer should make it more stable at speed.
Mostly I was joking, but in my head I was picturing Thor:
1601240616699.png

ZH24BH3.jpg

It wouldn't be a very good streamliner if it had a giant blower sticking out the top though, would it. 6" air intake on the atmospheric turbo. As big as a banana.
There is a lot of clearance above the engine, 6BT exhaust manifolds point straight up so it's easiest to run it to the turbo over the top.
I've been speculatively driving it with partial numbers and it should be good for >200mph.

Almost definitely the first mod for AC to be tagged both "3/4 ton truck" and "single seater"

Wow. That looks awesome. And the new CSP+Sol is has so many features it's mind-boggling. I tried the dynamic shadows and night driving now looks more realistic.

Yes, I am slowly learning the magic of CSP and Sol using this and assettocorsamods forum.

Its kind of insane the work that Ilja is doing. This is with the beta version, with my new wet-tarmac shader. Trying for a shader that is more like a soaked dusty road rather than the slick mirrors of a track.

Screenshot_lotus_elise_sc_tahoe_29-8-120-9-12-59.jpg

Learning about shaders and getting ready for the 0.1.65 rain-fx release. I still need work on texture optimizations and adding variety to the texture.

but its a bunch of fun racing the AI in the rain in a thunderstorm.

Now back to the a lot less fun task of straightening and grounding errant guardrails :p .

I did notice it looks like a floating guardrail fence though?

Last edited:
My constant nemesis, AC's gargantuan driver, is making this car look smaller than it really is.
isHxjjY.jpg

I wanted him to have a bit more clearance above the driveshaft since the car's narrow enough one of his buttcheeks is above it, and still be able to use the truck seat, but it seems that's not on the cards unless he's gonna sit head and shoulders out of the car. He needs a pretty good recline to get down to the level relative to the cowl that I want.

Last edited:
Yes, I am slowly learning the magic of CSP and Sol using this and assettocorsamods forum.

Its kind of insane the work that Ilja is doing. This is with the beta version, with my new wet-tarmac shader. Trying for a shader that is more like a soaked dusty road rather than the slick mirrors of a track.

View attachment 409314

Learning about shaders and getting ready for the 0.1.65 rain-fx release. I still need work on texture optimizations and adding variety to the texture.
View attachment 409313

but its a bunch of fun racing the AI in the rain in a thunderstorm.

Now back to the a lot less fun task of straightening and grounding errant guardrails :p .
no Forza screenshot pls

My constant nemesis, AC's gargantuan driver, is making this car look smaller than it really is.
isHxjjY.jpg

I wanted him to have a bit more clearance above the driveshaft since the car's narrow enough one of his buttcheeks is above it, and still be able to use the truck seat, but it seems that's not on the cards unless he's gonna sit head and shoulders out of the car. He needs a pretty good recline to get down to the level relative to the cowl that I want.
a while back, i edited the template from the_meco to be 92% of the initial 190+cm tall dude
so i have a "ready" max file with someone about 175cm tall

With Ottawa Park wrapping up, I've started bashing together the next thing in my weirdly specific geographic cluster of tracks: a recreation of the 1963 Lake Garnett, Kansas Grand Prix. With a feature race starring Ken Miles and a flotilla of factory Cobras facing off versus a team of Corvette Grand Sports piloted by names such as Dick Thompson and Don Yenko against a backdrop of hopelessly outmatched Ferrari, Maserati, and Morgan sports racers, the 1963 edition of the race brought racing royalty to small-town Kansas and represents the peak of the event's run.

I've pulled together a pile of historic reference aerials, event photos, and the current LIDAR of the track (which still exists as a lakeside access road, and hosts an annual revival event). The bare bones of the road and terrain are in AC now, and I wouldn't be sharing them at all except for the fact that thanks to the steep ditches along the road, the narrowness of the course, and the sheet terrifyingness of circa-60's race cars, running an AI race on this track is hilarious:

Clearly I've got some work to do.

Last edited:
With Ottawa Park wrapping up, I've started bashing together the next thing in my weirdly specific geographic cluster of tracks: a recreation of the 1963 Lake Garnett, Kansas Grand Prix. With a feature race starring Ken Miles and a flotilla of factory Cobras facing off versus a team of Corvette Grand Sports piloted by names such as Dick Thompson and Don Yenko against a backdrop of hopelessly outmatched Ferrari, Maserati, and Morgan sports racers, the 1963 edition of the race brought racing royalty to small-town Kansas and represents the peak of the event's run.

I've pulled together a pile of historic reference aerials, event photos, and the current LIDAR of the track (which still exists as a lakeside access road, and hosts an annual revival event). The bare bones of the road and terrain are in AC now, and I wouldn't be sharing them at all except for the fact that thanks to the steep ditches along the road, the narrowness of the course, and the sheet terrifyingness of circa-60's race cars, running an AI race on this track is hilarious:

Clearly I've got some work to do.
Oh I'm interested in this. I had this one my list of possible projects for a while now.

Bit of spine removal surgery and the driver fits more the way I wanted.
JLY3w9W.jpg

Tapered off the framerails, it looked weird if they didn't come to a point the same as the body.

For a car with no A pillars it has pretty bad visibility. Should be not so bad in VR cause you can lean out. The plan is to use that center raised section for the gauge cluster, and then the two rounded sides for mirrors, so nothing protrudes above the cowl.

Nothing secret on the right side of the car, just that the hole for the turbo is mirrored but there's no turbo on that side so it's got a cigar-shaped hole in the engine cover.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back