The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Just thought I'd check in on this beauty, has this been released and I missed it or is that still upcoming? :rolleyes:
oh Sorry I got some health pb which make really my life complicated since over a month now , and it is not gonna be better until couple of months at least :s

Hum car exterior is scratch made , and unfortunately I didnot do photo matching like some profy are doing here , but made it out from real dimensions etc and from pictures ( by eyes ) so there is room for improvement on that for sure , but was happy on the result nevertheless ^^ ( still not triple A quality )
2nd is the interior is for now from the gt4 audi , so it would no be possible to release it here :s unless somebody wants to help ?

oh Sorry I got some health pb which make really my life complicated since over a month now , and it is not gonna be better until couple of months at least :s

Hum car exterior is scratch made , and unfortunately I didnot do photo matching like some profy are doing here , but made it out from real dimensions etc and from pictures ( by eyes ) so there is room for improvement on that for sure , but was happy on the result nevertheless ^^ ( still not triple A quality )
2nd is the interior is for now from the gt4 audi , so it would no be possible to release it here :s unless somebody wants to help ?
Dang it man, all the best for your recovery!

I have working AI and Track Cameras on my track now
This was a lot harder (now up to 1500km driven on this track testing) than I anticipated but at least it works now. Still need to tweak AI boundaries (If you turn up the aggression its like Mugello all over again) Any AI feedback is welcome.

Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_tahoe_20-8-120-17-29-7.jpg

Last edited:
workin'
my way
out of
things.

Turns out PCH isn't just a LAC with ocean.
Test:
20200920132522_1.jpg 20200920132801_1.jpg
(that's some very WIP not approved by phoenix yet :whistling:)

References:
pch ref green 01.JPG pch ref green 02.JPG pch ref green 03.JPG

It seems a new set of grassy friends is needed.
Here's a wild selection of sources objects
pch_bush_prev01.jpg

Tried 3 different settings : Green / dry / white fluffy stuff
pch_bush_prev02.jpg

It's all in 3D and fancy rendering at the moment.
Once it's all converted into billboards, it loses the magic a bit... but gives for now some interesting info about the colours matching together or not!

Last edited:
@Ben O'Bro

have you thought about using CSP grass.

you could spawn all those type of grass/flowers etc

Like LilSki said, it's fine a few meters from the viewpoint, but on the distance the hills still remain empty. (the said grass is on the PCH screenshots by the way, at 8 of height, so pretty tall to help with the bushes)
And having tried to cover a sample yesterday, little bushes are a problem as they need to be so many... that i'm wondering how sane it is to try and cover the 20km of the track !

I talked to Ilja, he's thinking of doing an automated bushes, working the same as the grass, and later something with trees also. But it's all for later anyways! Plenty of time to scratch my head :D

Last edited:
And having tried to cover a sample yesterday, little bushes are a problem as they need to be so many... that i'm wondering how sane it is to try and cover the 20km of the track
probably better to group them by areas of 200-300m to reduce drawcalls.
additionally if loda/lodb is available, you can leave only the very distinctive (tallest or the most standing out by color) bushes in lodb meshes.
If Ilja doesnt come with some code for them of course.

So, that's an issue with the tree textures used, not with the overall tree system.
I guess so yea. I am not a modding whiz so I don't know if the terms I use are correct, but the stock textures are not great in a lot of cases. I never liked the over the top "top down" lighting either that the trees have (is that a shader thing?) where the top of the tree is much brighter than the bottom. I'm not sure if they were X trees rather than Y trees it would be better? Not sure on that, however if Ilya can come up with some magic then I can't think they can look worse. Its funny really as I think AC had some nice textures, the tarmac has always looked great and the grass looked nice too, but the trees have always been a weak point (in my view). I dont think its the case that its the fact they are 2D trees either, as SMS had 2D trees in PCARS and those trees looked far better.

So, that's an issue with the tree textures used, not with the overall tree system.
heh what's been bothering me for quite a while is broken normals of the trees at Brands hatch, Nordschleife etc. Im sure at some point they were alright, but then some issue happened and they've been this way since then.

Latest News

Back