The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

The other "R. A." ... on accurate data, but early days and a lot of placeholders...

Screenshot_corvette_c6_zr1_jr_road_atlanta_11-8-120-1-6-29.jpg

Screenshot_corvette_c6_zr1_jr_road_atlanta_11-8-120-1-0-29.jpg

Screenshot_corvette_c6_zr1_jr_road_atlanta_11-8-120-1-2-1.jpg

Good memories. My 525i was late '92 alpinweiß II with rear spoiler. Had it several years and we spend together almost 100.000km. :thumbsup:

On the subject of good memories, I actually had one of the most exhilarating BMW experiences of my life in an E34 which is also the only time I ever rode in one.

Friend of mine flipped a B10 4.0 and gave me a ride through town few years back, the original owner had just spent 12 grand on a new Alpina exhaust system and because it was already close to 30 years old they semi ignored the noise level guidelines and made it more free flowing. He sold it to a collector in Argentina.

When I got in and he started the engine you could feel the air vibrating next to the rocker panel - it was more like a Ferrari than a BMW. It wasn't the fastest car but the sound of that Alpina M60 and that exhaust is something I'll never forget.

tDgCEOQ.jpg

@garyjpaterson How is your BMW irl ? My Opel Omega unfortunately has been written off in latest technical inspection, they have found little hole rusted in the longeron and asks for inadequate rapair in my opinion :(

I have been thinking about trying to take it to photogrammetry photo session again and preserve it in possible simulated model one day. Your work on BMW inspires me.

@garyjpaterson How is your BMW irl ? My Opel Omega unfortunately has been written off in latest technical inspection, they have found little hole rusted in the longeron and asks for inadequate rapair in my opinion :(

I have been thinking about trying to take it to photogrammetry photo session again and preserve it in possible simulated model one day. Your work on BMW inspires me.
Thats sad about the Opel. My BMW is going the same way though, sills have been deteriorating for years. I used to do 60 miles a day in it so was worth keeping it in good nick, now working from home I almost never use it :redface: And I struggle to justify using/keeping/spending money on it when I only ever do short trips on a motorbike now, so getting it preserved digitally was definitely a priority.

I was inspired by Aphid/A3DR's Subaru project, made me realised I wanted to do the same. Once its done, maybe then I can sell the IRL one and not regret it :cry:

You should definitely consider doing the same, even if you don't have time to start it immediately, its good to get the reference while you can to use later down the line.

Last edited:

That's sad, and I know your pain. Opel from that era sadly are quite weak regarding rust proofing. I used to own an old Omega A3000 many years ago, that sadly also had to sell for scrap some day because of rust.

Which type Omega do you own?

After more than six months I decided to pick myself up again and create some more stuff for my VLN 2019 Porsche GT3 Cup Skinpack. Today I've posted an update containing the #91 Aimpoint Racing skin, as well as some tweaks on the other skins.

rd_01.jpg

Huge thanks to @Bozian for providing me with great information for the #91 Aimpoint Racing livery!

FORMULA RSS 1990 V12 IS OUT!

We are happy to announce that our Formula RSS 1990 V12 car for Assetto Corsa is finally out!
This is a brand-new car with an incredibly detailed 3D model, showcasing the simple, yet elegant bodywork and wings of the golden age of Formula racing, becoming one of the most gorgeous cars we have ever made.
It features an amazing, powerful screaming V12 engine, with a chassis that provides a well balanced handling, and rewards a smooth driving style.
If you want to feel the experience of the purest Formula racing experience, you can find the car in our store here.

CAR TEMPLATES

You can get the car templates to design your own liveries here.

Latest News

Back