Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

yes, I think since they only went black the price went up a bit, the the really bad shipping costs.. In NZ, we have at least two companies selling p1 copies for about 1600nzd inc gst.

Too bad there are not other options there. There is the next level as you say, I just wouldnt go near it myself. All the things I have done on my p1 would be harder to do on that and if you ever want motion in your future its not really accomodating for platform mover, they only care about their own motion platforms working for it.

• Deleted member 1449502

I'll keep a look out on gumtree and marketplace over the next month see if it comes up

Last edited by a moderator:
doesn't optical out support 5.1 audio
Yes, but Windows 10 (unlike Windows 7) does NOT, by itself.
Even if you have a sound card with Windows 10 software that supports 5.1 over TOSLINK,
be aware that 5.1 over TOSLINK (or coax S/PDIF) is matrixed, not discrete, so cross-talk.
There will be better separation between L and R than other channels;
tactile effects should be assigned accordingly.

Finally outfitted my rseat N1 with good, quadraphonic "chassis mode" vibrations. For the rear, the rseat mount is excellent if you cut it in half. This decouples the two shakers and you can easily discriminate between left rear and right rear.
20211117 ButtKicker Mounts (9).jpg

For the fronts, the pedal deck is a poor choice to mount the shakers because it gives you no left-right discrimination. But that's were mine were mounted for a long time. So I designed a mount I could 3D print and attach the shakers to the 50mm tubes in the frame. Although they are connected to the same tube, the common section in contact with the floor provides a good bit of isolation.
20211117 ButtKicker Mounts (8).jpg

20211117 ButtKicker Mounts (10).jpg

20211117 ButtKicker Mounts (1).png

To make your own, the STL and Fusion 360 files are here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5152259

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

When I had RS1 that buttkickers seat mount didn't work for me at all, it's just solid piece of metal with zero play for any sort of decent vibration transmission. Not sure if cutting would have improved it, it was just too rigid.

When I had RS1 that buttkickers seat mount didn't work for me at all, it's just solid piece of metal with zero play for any sort of decent vibration transmission. Not sure if cutting would have improved it, it was just too rigid.
For the N1 mount, once you cut it in half the shaker is on a pretty good lever to the seat base. Actually magnifies the shaker output a bit. I have no idea what they were thinking in their original design.

@dMASS Gave the new engine effect a crack last night. Feels great like the other ones. At this stage it feels very similar, just a difference in the way the curve is. Not sure what sort of feedback I can give other than it feels pretty natural and nothing stands out as being an issue. I know it's a good thing to stick to one car and develop a profile for it but there's no way I'm using different profiles for each car so I'm going to pick one engine effect that feels good with most cars and stick to that one. Problem is I can't choose one!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1449502

@dMASS Gave the new engine effect a crack last night. Feels great like the other ones. At this stage it feels very similar, just a difference in the way the curve is. Not sure what sort of feedback I can give other than it feels pretty natural and nothing stands out as being an issue. I know it's a good thing to stick to one car and develop a profile for it but there's no way I'm using different profiles for each car so I'm going to pick one engine effect that feels good with most cars and stick to that one. Problem is I can't choose one!
Thanks for feedback mate. Just want to confirm with you that you used the latest revision of the 911 RPM series Ver3.4? I think last time we spoke you downloaded 3.1? I have decided to keep the format the same for all future series to make it easier to map for those that may want to use different rpm effects for specific cars.

Idle effect will never change I only play with tone, grunt, throttle off and rev limit. Curves will change but also the frequencies are quite different so that should come across alot more if you have 3.4

Changelog
- [3. Tone] effect frequency changed from 36/77Hz to 40/63Hz
- [3. Tone] effect curve changed: Increased magnitude of 2nd impulse (3000-5400rpm) and gave the peak more sustain
- [4. Grunt] effect frequency changed from 42/35Hz to 103/63Hz to better suit RPM audio of 911 Singer
- [4. Grunt] effect curve changed (5000-7200rpm) to ramp slower from 5k and created an impulse at 6600-7200 to match 911 Singer RPM audio
- [5. Throttle Off] effect frequency changed from 38/18Hz to 30Hz
- [5. Throttle Off] effect curve changed to provide better felt vibes upon releasing throttle
- [5. Throttle Off] effect curve changed to come in later and ramp gradually

-I made some changesto Rev Limit frequency: changed from 93/63Hz to 73/83Hz to better suit 911 Singer peak harmonics

-Adjusted response curve for [5. Throttle Off] effect to not be as active through the range in order to work better with other effects. The effect is still strong coming off throttle but backs off quickly

Hi
Stupid question
I ordered this kit to add to my rig
37BA09D4-2629-404A-8952-D84E0DDB92FC.jpeg

now should I wire it in series like this
635771C2-5813-41D6-B2A6-C75689A9EDDF.jpeg

or simply connect one to the right channel and the second shaker to the left channel?

Generally, you would mount one to each channel if the other channel is not going to be used.

A reason why you might do it this way is if for example, you had four and only 2 channels, you could hook up four transducers like this.

The other is if your amp doesnt work at the impedance of your transducers and you wire two together to change the impedance.

So best to know you you are trying to wire it like that.

Generally, you would mount one to each channel if the other channel is not going to be used.

A reason why you might do it this way is if for example, you had four and only 2 channels, you could hook up four transducers like this.

The other is if your amp doesnt work at the impedance of your transducers and you wire two together to change the impedance.

So best to know you you are trying to wire it like that.
So I’m going wire one bass shaker for each channel.
Thanks bro

Just a quick bit of feedback before I get too busy over the next day or so. The new wheel slip effect is, once again, very nice. It seems simple and effective in what it tries to achieve and feeling in the BK CT especially is pretty awesome. You really do feel like you're having something substantial scrub underneath you which, in a big spin or slide, seems pretty authentic. You get that dull shaking in the chassis and that's what I'd expect when chewing through rubber without proper rotation of the wheels. I'll pick it apart more tomorrow hopefully, I want to turn off the CT and see how it handles the higher hz on the TST by itself. I needed to balance the gain on effect 1 to not be so overbearing when initiating a slide. I might do so further the more I use it.

• Deleted member 1449502

Thanks for the detailed feedback Anton. So you're feeling effect 1 [Skid Out] straight away when the wheels start slipping? that's not how I intended for that effect to function. In AC it should come in late when you're right on the edge of losing it.

I aim to have 2 [Slip] be more active throughout and 1 [Skid Out] to come in heavy and thick late when you're about to lose it.

-If 1 [Skid Out] is coming in early raise threshold up 5-10 at a time unti you find the sweet spot
-or to tone down 1 [Skid Out] drop input gain 5 at a time until you find the desired level

• Deleted member 1449502

Posted suspension bumps effect for AC. Big changes made to threshold from Latte's orginal. I found the orginal effect series to be far too active in Assetto Corsa. My aim was to tone it down in order to only provide significant feedback for kerbs/off-road/collisions/large dips. This will work much better with other effects with increased seperation/clarity rather than being too busy/noisey

• Deleted member 1449502

Posted a new update for WRX RPM effect [Throttle Off]

Changes
- [5. Throttle Off] frequency changed from 40/20Hz to 30Hz
- [5. Throttle Off] added +6Hz white noise
- [5. Throttle Off] response curve changed now it's not as overbearing (will sit better against the other RPM layers and open up space for other effects). Split into 1 late and 1 early impulse
- [5. Throttle Off] effect curve changed to provide better felt vibes upon releasing throttle

Update

Attachments

• WRX TUNED V3.5 changes.jpg
    WRX TUNED V3.5 changes.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 69
I'll have another play with it today and confirm that it was actually the slip 1 effect that was giving me that feedback. Will report back once I have. Will also give the suspension file a go as your objective is exactly what road bumps should be, only active on significant areas and not constantly giving "noise".

Last edited:
My mistake. It's not the first effect, but the last effect that was overly active. Makes sense now. So I've just turned down the volume on that one and it feels much better. Both of the other effects feel fantastic. I ran one at a time and they all feel natural, just needed lower volume for my setup on the TST. I don't mind if it's relatively active, but having a very slight feedback for minor wheel slip, which occurs almost all the time, as opposed to a very noticeable effect is much better for me.

Latest News

Back