Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Since one person asked for the 3D print files to hold 2 x t.racks boxes, I put it out on Thingaverse for anyone else who might be interested.

I labeled the USB cables as BK/TST and X for exciters, so I could easily plug in the one I wanted. The t.racks software only recognizes one device at a time.

DSPs_7041.jpg

Last edited:
Have those of you who tried the Sound Blaster X3 or X4 external USB audio cards had good luck with them in terms of crosstalk and have you found that you could get more than 4 channels out of them ? I have an X4 arriving today and was curious what to expect. It sounded like anything past 4 channels may be limited by not having dolby or some other licenced surround sound encoding possibly at the SimHub software level.

Last edited:
Have those of you who tried the Sound Blaster X3 or X4 external USB audio cards had good luck with them in terms of crosstalk and have you found that you could get more than 4 channels out of them ? I have an X4 arriving today and was curious what to expect. It sounded like anything past 4 channels may be limited by not having dolby or some other licenced surround sound encoding possibly at the SimHub software level.
I bought an X3 and only connected to PC to see if it was working and showed 8 channels under Simhub

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Be aware that the X3 is better than the X4 in terms of hardware (look at the specs). The X4 is however better for the mic parts and its integration with the Creative software.

Like Pablo I use the 8 channels in Simhub for my X3 and have no problem with it.

If I don't see any cross talk and get all 8 channels, I'll get rid of two audio cards when I set up my i9-12900 shortly.

Thanks!

FYI, I saw the slightly lower noise floor on the X3, but decided to get the newer version anyway. It's still miles away from anything a transducer will notice.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

1637086529889.png

This is what I see in SimHub with my X3 (note nothing else is set up for me in SimHub, as you know) -- but didn't know if this screenshot would be helpful.

This is what I see in SimHub with my X3 (note nothing else is set up for me in SimHub, as you know) -- but didn't know if this screenshot would be helpful.

I see all 8 channels with my other two 7.1 cards. Unfortunately the other channels past the first 4 don't work on them.
I had serious crosstalk issues or no signal at all.

Fingers crossed!

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 Card ( only got 4 usable channels )
Sound Blaster Audigy RX 7.1 ( only got 2 usable channels, but I'd been using fiber out and it is out of warranty )
And the built in 5.1 card only gave me 4 usable channels.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

If this external card gives me 8 channels I won't need the other cards. I'll use the MB optical out to drive my surround system, when I need it (rarely).

The only reason I would need any of these cards again would be to add more transducers. I can't imagine that happening ;)

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 1449502

Released ver 3.1 for the 911 Singer with significant changes to Tone, Grunt and Throttle Off effects

Attachments

• Simhub RPM Effect 911 Singer V2 to V3.1 Changes.jpg
    Simhub RPM Effect 911 Singer V2 to V3.1 Changes.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Deleted member 1449502

So I was thinking of selling off my rSeat N1 and buying a more verstile rig like the P1X or the NLR Elite, Does this seem right? Kinda ridiculous to pay over $2200AUD once factoring in GST and Duty, I can get the NLR Elite delivered from Pagnian for $1300AUD

Attachments

• p1x.jpg
    p1x.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 49
I am guessing that could be about right. Shipping for mine to NZ was $268 euro three years ago, with current issues it wouldnt surprise me that it costs that much more to ship it.

If you get it, their 8020 parts like brackets and tnuts are very good, I would throw in some for the day you need to connect stuff.. I got about 10 brackets and a bunch of tnuts at the same time.

• Deleted member 1449502

That's savage man, straight up $2200 for a rig with no seat or accessories lmao

I'll use the MB optical out to drive my surround system, when I need it (rarely).

This got me thinking because I do something similar. Optical out goes to my soundbar system. Rarely use that, but a good option every now and then.

Personally I just have 2 tactile channels (so far...), so I simply take the audio out from my MB (there are 3 audio out jacks on my MB). Hearing your issues about cross-talk when trying to use all the channels on a sound card got me thinking because my plan is simply to use those other jacks on my mb and perhaps that will not work.

But doesn't optical out support 5.1 audio? Is there such a device to take the optical out and convert/adapt to have separate outputs to enable each channel to then go to amp(s)? Might even be simpler re connections and cable management (at least at the PC).

Sorry if that's a dumb question. Thanks for the education, as always.

Latest News

Back