Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

• Deleted member 1449502

Quite a long I did not play AC (always on ACC for the last 10-12 months and now on AMS2) but I am also a BIG fan of the WRX! :thumbsup: When I was a kid, they were THE rally cars in this cool blue/gold !
I played alot of AMS2 when i first got into sim racing, hands down best single player experience and the graphics are gorgeous, especially with the seasonal update where you can choose the time of year.

I hope in the future they really improve the car sounds. At times it can sound synthetic and unatural, and since getting into AC with the quality sound mods on offer it's been much harder for me to be fully immersed in AMS2

ACC on the other hand has incredible sound design in the base game, and it makes sense as they have a very narrowed focus on GT3/GT4

Anton tried V1 of the WRX rpm effect in AMS2 and seemed to like it alot, it should work across most sims but I would love to get more feedback. Is there any car you love to drive on AMS2? I can reinstall it and have a look at crafting an rpm series tailored to that

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

Yeah I wish AC had that, the layered suspension effects are decent but I miss that ripple you get in ACC
Wotever commented on discord that it's actually some wizardly interpretation of suspension effects and ACC does not have separate "kerb" telemetry, he was also trying to pull the same with AC, but it didn't work due to suspension all over the place across different cars there to generate it consistently.
Also the reason why it's slightly delayed is due to calculations taking place.

• Deleted member 1449502

hmmm, so is it possible to generate the effect per car if you adjust a few parameters on the effect?

• Deleted member 1449502

I love the 77 Historic Hockenheim. Clean and easy lines, I had the GT3 record for awhile in AMS2. Nordschleife is gorgeous in AMS2

• Deleted member 1449502

How do you find the mirror resolution in cockpit view? assume you still can't adjust seat position too?

• Deleted member 1449502

I currently have AC, ACC and AMS2. I Have some time this week so I'm looking for requests from you guys for any car specific RPM series you want for your favourite cars. I will look to retain the same format of 6 effects applied in the WRX series. Changes will be to:

-Tone effect modulation
-Rev Limit effect lining up correctly
-Grunt effect modulation and lining up
-Throttle Off effect modulation and lining up

This should also be a great exercise to highlight the changes made against the WRX series format, helping members make adjustments on their own and hopefully as a community getting a library of rpm effects for particular cars posted up on the site

• Deleted member 1449502

I'm about to release V1 of an rpm effect series for the Porsche 911 4.0 Singer for AC by Ben O'Bro

-https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-singer.29318/

Here is a side by side comparison of the tone effect and the changes made to suit the audio of each

Firstly I will rev through the full range at varying speeds to start taking notes
Notes:
- I'll identify how many impulses there are
- What rpm each impulse will ramp up from and where it drops off
- The trajectory of each impulse
- Identify rpm dip locations
-Consider relative impulse strength against all impulses (So if the second or third impulse is noticeably stronger in the audio mix then to create a greater impact for the stronger impulse draw down the others a relative ammount. This will also create greater clarity as we want to avoid the effect becoming too noisey and busy)

Then we move to Simhub
Notes:
-Work on 1 impulse at a time
-Turn off all other effects when testing
-Sit in the rig and ensure felt vibes match the impulse ranges set out in your notes

***I tend to drop off impulses a little more than it may come across on the audio to allow for greater contrast for the next impulse, play around with that if you feel your creationlacks seperation***

This comparison is provided as a learning tool, I would love it if we could get some engagement by members to create their own to share. Please don't hesistate to reach out if you need any help

Attachments

• Porsche v WRX tone effect compare.jpg
    Porsche v WRX tone effect compare.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 84
Would you guys mind posting pics of how you’re mounting your amps? I’m close to buying a Samson rack, but curious if there are better ways to mount these 2-3 amps. Seems like spending $200 on something that won’t even hide the extra cables is pretty…stupid.

Would you guys mind posting pics of how you’re mounting your amps? I’m close to buying a Samson rack, but curious if there are better ways to mount these 2-3 amps. Seems like spending $200 on something that won’t even hide the extra cables is pretty…stupid.

I had the epq in a server rack along with the servo drives for motion, diy fan controller PSU/whatever else.

With the addition of the 3000d and 1000d I plan to get a larger one. No, it doesnt hide any wires as they come right out.

I could suggest that you look at your facebook marketplace, over here I see them for sale from ~50-200 dollars for ones that would normally be $2000+. These are usually larger ones though. You could put your pc in there on a shelf.

• Deleted member 1449502

I'm about to build a case for my pc and all my amps, power bricks etc. Using the same timber as my desk. Around $100 in materials should be done next week

Attachments

• AMP AND PC SHELVING FINAL.jpg
    AMP AND PC SHELVING FINAL.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 112
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Latest News

Back