Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Not good indeed....

But here my procedure (similar to stickers etc...):.

1/ Cleaning of the location for the exiters on the seat with Isopropyl Alcohol
2/ Making sure that the temperature of the 3M tape, the seat and the room is above 20C (and not too humid)
3/ Applying some pressure during at least a few hours after gluing these to the seat (with for example duct tape)
4/ Respecting the 72 hours resting time for the full adhesion

If you did not do that, you now know why they needed up falling.... :roflmao:

(if you did respect all the steps mentioned above, then I will also have a problem now :()
I have fixed Airbus airframes and engines with less detailed, simpler and quicker instructions lol

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 1449502

Sorry I forgot I made a change to Grunt effect too, see which one you prefer. V2 carries over some sustain into the limit (not too much though) where V1 drops off before we hit the red

Attachments

• Changes to RPM Grunt V1 to V2.jpg
    Changes to RPM Grunt V1 to V2.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Deleted member 1449502

Also showing here how i dropped the second impulse down from 75>50, you can move that anywhere from 75-50

Attachments

• RPM Tone changes.jpg
    RPM Tone changes.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 56
Im planning on have 6 cables running from my 3 amps to the rig and use Neutrik NL2 FX as connectors.

In order to keep thing as clean as posible i was thinking on using split boxes and Neutrik NL4 or even NL8 to have only 3 or even 1 audio cable from amps running to the rig.But do not really know what i would need and if it does worth it or if it will only make things more complex.

Ive found split boxes from 2x Neutrik NL2 FX to 1x Neutrik NL4 FX. 3 of those would make it down to 3 cables, but i would need 3 split boxes on either side of the rig and do not know id the solution would be worst than the problem.

Any idea on how it could be done that would worth the cost and effort?.

Last edited:
Can I ask what are you trying to achieve with it? I see pro's and con's but I dont see any pro's adding up to make me want to do that unless the rig was something I had to constantly disconnect and move while fully assembled.

The six cables should fit in some spiral wrap or similar if you are wanting to have it tidier going from amps to rig.

• Deleted member 1449502

Yeah I just manage the length of my cables and use standard cable management accessories to tidy up

• Deleted member 1449502

Can you try just running the engine rpm tone effect on the exciters?
I have no idea as I'm yet to install mine, but I was hoping it would reinforce the tone effect vibe enough to make them worthwhile

• Deleted member 1449502

Ok thanks for reporting on your findings. I have 4, but I'm not 100% sure whether to add them to my camper chair build or wait and put them on the rSeat n1.

I move in a few weeks and was initially intending to start moving all the hardware across to the other cockpit, but honestly it is a lot to do at this point so I might just try and enjoy what I've got atm and actually drive rather than spend all my free time during the holidays building and tinkering. We only have so much free time lol

• Deleted member 1449502

How easy would it be to transfer them over to another rig? Just apply some quality heavy-duty double sided tape over the original?

How easy would it be to transfer them over to another rig? Just apply some quality heavy-duty double sided tape over the original?
Removing the exciters is a pain. I found heating the tape up helped remove them easier. Removing the tape from them once you have them off is another pain as they are kinda fragile. If you don't have any, i wouldn't bother and would look into the mini BK like others are experimenting with.

I told ya’s they were shithouse compared to what you’re already running. A single large unit is WAY better than four of these, I can’t imagine how useless they’d be with what I have now.

The reason you’re disappointed and are expecting so much Tony is because “someone” talked them up to the point of being godlike yet in actual fact it’s just another very small, practically useless step in achieving decent tactile. Sorry you spent so much time money on them only to realise what I’ve been saying all along. They have their place but if someone that was running only one mini LFE on the seat couldn’t feel them, what hope have you got with multiple larger units?

Last edited:
Anton, Tony,

I need to double what you guys said after having tested the exciters yesterday. Even though I only held one Dayton to my seat to find the best spot, I am totally underwhelmed. Depending on the position, the sensation ranged from "cannot feel them at all" to a slight tingle. And that was with the EPQ at 50%, so close to the maximum power of those devices and probably close to long-term damaging them as some have experienced.
The exciters seem to have their sweet spot at above 100Hz and are maybe better fitted for those higher harmonics that some people want them to achieve.

For me it is definitively not worth it, and buying 4 more to get a little bit better, does not sound like a reasonable choice either.

I will return the unused 3 and buy a set of 2 Mini LFEs instead. The only thing I am not sure about is, whether I will keep the EPQ+DSP or return it for another NX1000D at the same price, as the EPQ is a little bit weak for the Minis and I might not chose to add 4 Minis to the seat back in the near future anyway.

Or maybe, as I think of it, take a step back, relax and realize I have already spent major cash on tactile and those 500 bucks might be better saved for something that offers more more bang-for-the-buck at this point like motion...go figure :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Back