Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

• Deleted member 1449502

RaceDepartment provides that, and @Mr Latte has used it for a tactile effect:
View attachment 516516
Note that download mods automagically get support for reviews and discussion,
so that the impatient need not spend time sorting thru threads.
One small issue is that RaceDepartment segregates mods by game,
which is not necessarily ideal for SimHub ShakeIt profiles,
although there is support for searching all mods with ShakeIt in their title.
Maybe it's worth having a seperate category in the download section for Tactile effects, It could make sense to have them unified for all sims but would perhaps make more sense to have them tailored for each sim (for any differences such as input gain from sim to sim)

Something like this?

Attachments

• AC TACTILE DL.jpg
    AC TACTILE DL.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 81
@anton_Chez

I can't remember now if you were using any DSP back when you had those exiters? It's a shame that you had such a poor experience with them :(

I've never used mine without DSP so I'm wondering if perhaps that might be why you felt that they only could only give you a 10% feel when compared to the Mini LFE.

With guidance and advice from Mr Latte some time back, I have some simple (+1,+2,+3 dB etc) profiles that boost them up to varying degrees and also cut them off before they get audible which does help a lot:

PEQ Curve Settings (All Channels).jpg

If I had to estimate a subjective percentage for myself in terms of overall feel in the seat, I'd go with something more like 50% and that's up against a BK CT, which is all I have to compare them to.

When I say 50%, I don't mean that in terms of overall 'thump' as there's clearly no contest but if I switch them off and only have the big BK going, I feel like 50% of the overall experience would go away for me.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to deter or argue against using BK minis or any other device on a seat. Whatever gives the best experience is the best thing to use :)

I didn’t use any DSP, but I didn’t use any hz range that gave audible sound so that wasn’t an issue.

I think for me now I’ll be sticking with what I have and just finishing of my profiles. It takes FAR too long to sort this stuff out when I make changes to the build.

So I've had BK Mini LFE's, the exciters of which I had 2 varieties, BK Concert and TST 239. Among others but those are relevant to the comparisons and conversation at hand.

I had the Mini's mounted one under and directly attached to the seat, and one under the pedals on the chassis. I had 6 exciters on the seat, 4 at the back and 2 at the sides. I could notice them a little bit, especially when the Mini's were turned OFF, but when they were running in tandem with the Mini LFE's, honestly I could barely feel them. I did A/B tests before I decided to remove them and not bother with them anymore and the simple fact for me was that they weren't worth having on. I only had left and right channels assigned to them, but the issue for me was not the ability to assign effects. It was that from my testing, they could barely make a difference with the Mini LFE, even if only one of those units was attached directly to the seat.

Now, I have a BK Concert, the large one, and a TST 239, both mounted under the seat. Not directly bolted onto it like the Mini was, but in such a way that others have shown using their custom plates bolted to the seat rails. So basically the optimum way to mount the larger units without having them smash directly onto the seat shell. I fail to see how, now with LARGER units than before, the exciters will give anything of worth against such powerful output of the Concert especially, but also the TST that shares the same hz range as the exciters just at a much larger power output. For me, I'm not just saying they are too small and worthless. I actually had them for a while combined with the Mini's. If you consider Mini's + exciters being 100% feeling, if I turned the exciters off I ended up with maybe 90% feeling. To me, that's not worth. It did help round out the feeling somewhat being all over the seat, but with the Mini being directly bolted to the seat, the whole thing was receiving tactile for the most part anyway. So if one Mini was enough to negate the performance of the exciters, what would 1 x Concert and 1 x TST do to negate them!? I doubt I'd realise they were even on at all.

So this revelation of using large units underneath and then using Mini's as the exciters, so to speak, is actually a really intriguing one. I think one that would work FAR better than the aforementioned recommended build. Honestly I did like the Mini LFE's a lot. For what they are, they are pretty good. However, the price of two of them is equal to buying 1 x Concert or BK LFE. So now I would always recommend to get one of those first and only get the mini LFE's to work as metalandwood has explained, as exciters.
Thanks Anton. Indeed i am running an LFE and a 329 on a plate underneath the seat, similar to you. I understand your point. Others are having a lot of fun with the above large units and exciters on the seat, so i am kind of undecided on what to do.

I guess given the dirt cheap price of the Daytons, i will just mount 2 of the 4 i will receive and try it. If i think they are too weak to add what i want them to, i will probably go for 2 Minis instead for a start and swallow having lost 50 bucks...or maybe i can even reuse them somewhere else.

Last edited:
GOOD NEWS for all people waiting for the latte/ RACEBASS isolators! :)

One of my friend who live less than 100km fron Simtag drove there this week and met Janosh Zssinor, the sales guy at Simtag. He was told that the DELIVERY of the RACEBASS isolators should start very very soon AND that the project of the ADAPTER PLATES is almost finished so that the deliveries could even take place late DECEMBER !

Zsinor told him that everyone who pre ordered the Racebass and the adapter plates will soon receive a confirmation WITH a reservation number ! So check your emails guys!

So all good news from Simtag! And for latte !

(also more good news for their upcoming new pedals but this is not the place here to discuss this)
May i have some info on what the RACEBASS isolators and Adapter plates consist of?

May i have some info on what the RACEBASS isolators and Adapter plates consist of?
I dont think there is any specifics on the plates but from what we have been told there will be pre drilled plates that you can attach to (i assume) the bottom of your seat mounts.

The racebase isolators I assume you have seen about, they are the isolators based on strong die springs.

The third part is some easy to use mounting system/brackets to attach to an 8020 rig. They mount to the 8020, isolators on the brackets and the plate/seat on top of that.

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks dude! I was beginning to think no one really cared lol
I just had a chance to test it out, was sitting on my desktop since you posted it. Did some cable management and cleaning, amp tuning and testing sort of stuff over the past few days. So haven’t actually been in the seat. Just did a quick run in AMS2 with it tonight for 15 odd minutes and I was hooked. Felt so good. Different to the Aston one everyone has, I think I like this one better.

• Deleted member 1449502

I just had a chance to test it out, was sitting on my desktop since you posted it. Did some cable management and cleaning, amp tuning and testing sort of stuff over the past few days. So haven’t actually been in the seat. Just did a quick run in AMS2 with it tonight for 15 odd minutes and I was hooked. Felt so good. Different to the Aston one everyone has, I think I like this one better.
Mate I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear that, because that's exactly how it makes me feel! I've made a couple of tweaks to the series since that post and I think it's even better now

I tried to minimise the number of effects on the first series to make it more accessible (the new one has a couple more).
Also I think the naming scheme should help people clearly understand what each effect is trying to do.

Yeah I like it a lot. It's simple yet feels like it has a lot of depth when you're actually in the car. It might be that I've made a few tweaks to amp volume and such, but nothing major, I just turned the input gain up a little on both units. But it's giving me a feeling I've never really had before. It's 100% completely natural, nothing stood out as being overbearing or annoying, at all. The entire range is great, idle is rich, the mid-range sort of goes numb a bit which is good because a. it's kind of how a real engine works when in it's natural operating rev range and b. it then gives room for road and other effects to come through instead of being a useless drone of noise.

Feel free to drop me the updated file or just list the changes so I can make them to reflect it. I think this is going into my new profile as my main engine effect. Will do some more back to back comparisons with the new amp settings, but this is already in front.

• Deleted member 1449502

Ok so the changes are with Tone.

[4. Tone-B] is the original one
[3. Tone-A] is the new one slightly modified: I dropped the high frequency to 83 , took out the peak in the curve and lowered the 2nd wave magnitude (you may want to bring that back up a bit. It was at 75 before now it's at 50)
[7. Rev Limit} is the peak on its own effect from [4. Tone-B]

My recommendation for your setup use [3. Tone-A] and [7. Rev Limit] in place of the Tone effect you used from the first version, this will give you more body at the limit with [3. Tone-A] while it clips with [7. Rev Limit]

I left the original [4. Tone-B] in there because I use that on another TST and I feel it adds a little more depth to the mix if you have another shaker available , not necessary though and I think you'll like my recommendation more than V1

I hope that makes sense? I didn't want it to get too complicated

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa - RPM WRX TUNED V2.siprofile.txt
    287.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Deleted member 197115

Seemingly neither here nor the SimHub discord,
at least from Mr L, per his most recent (final?) post there, alluding to
"This (new home) will come and its members will be given invitations.
I will not use here or RD forums for further RB matters. "
Wondering if he removes all his posts similar to what he did on SimXperience forum.

Latest News

Back