Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I can’t wait for racebass aka mrlatte system to sell his kits via sim tag shop

this is super cool but choosing the right setup feels too time consuming … :S

• Deleted member 1449502

Hey guys, I've completed an rpm series for a Dian Smit sound mod I'm currently obsessing over in AC (it's a paid sound mod unfortunately, but well worth it) I applied the sound mod to the great aphigod & a3dr WRXtuned on racedepartment and edited the engine.ini so the rev limit lined up with the sound mod at 7370.

-sound mod
-car mod I used https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2007-subaru-impreza-wrx-gd-tuned.33356/

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa - RPM WRX TUNED.siprofile.txt
    281.8 KB · Views: 87
Hey guys, I've completed an rpm series for a Dian Smit sound mod I'm currently obsessing over in AC (it's a paid sound mod unfortunately, but well worth it) I applied the sound mod to the great aphigod & a3dr WRXtuned on racedepartment and edited the engine.ini so the rev limit lined up with the sound mod at 7370.

-sound mod
-car mod I used https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2007-subaru-impreza-wrx-gd-tuned.33356/
this looks AWESOME, but it would be nice if you could point in your main thread, how newbies can set this up, and how to take advantage of all these nice things you have created.

nothing crazy but may be links to '
- how to install car
- what tactile setup you recommend
ect..

I am very impressed by the work you have done and looking forward to try it. but we need a bit more newbies gudie in this forum ;)

• Deleted member 1449502

this looks AWESOME, but it would be nice if you could point in your main thread, how newbies can set this up, and how to take advantage of all these nice things you have created.

nothing crazy but may be links to '
- how to install car
- what tactile setup you recommend
ect..

I am very impressed by the work you have done and looking forward to try it. but we need a bit more newbies gudie in this forum ;)
I definitely think we need to start organising shared effects and recommendations better, this thread has become ridiculous to filter through and navigate let alone for a newbie

The issue would be what effects would be classified as good enough for people to looks at? If we were to go off of like engagement or views in the past few I've posted it seems not many people are interested

Latte is gone? Can't handle people trying their own things out, sharing their experiences and results. Imagine that, a thread that was started to do exactly that has become untenable for him. Probably the best thing that's happened to be honest.

Newbies cannot find anything of worth in this thread because half of it is walls of text outlining how anyone who has tried anything for themselves is an idiot and "not following the science...." Wonder where I've heard that before....? Useless ranting about the same thing every week, yet not a shred of evidence of actually trying to help people BEFORE they tear their rigs down and shell out 5 grande for a tactile setup they may never even be able to get half the potential out of. The suggestion of creating a commercial thread for Race Bass is a good one. Piss off there and continue the cult. I don't doubt that the suggestions are not worthwhile, especially if people actually do end up having access to profiles that make use of the hardware. But the simple fact is that tactile takes WORK, more than most other components of a sim racing setup. There is a lot of faith required to spend that kind of time and money without actually trying things you may already have access to.

In response to how exciters would compare to Advance or even Mini units mounted on the seat. Really? THEY WON'T. AT ALL. Those units are capable of at least up to 100hz and when placed very close to the body, as in on the seat, you will be absolutely wasting your time combining exciters with those units or even substituting for them once you've already felt the larger ones. Simply, the exciters are low end, low power, low effort items that should be considered for budget builds if you have the correct seat. I fail to understand how they are remotely useful in a recommended build of 2 x LFE and 2 x TST units. Completely useless. To me anyway. You guys try them and decide for yourselves.

I sort of regret selling my Mini LFE's now. I would have liked to have tried what metalandwood did with them and see what effects felt like all over the seat as opposed to just underneath. I wouldn't bother with exciters again but I would keep an eye out for some used Mini's just to give it a go.

Last edited:
Great , i just bought 4 exiters a couple of days ago....And not exactly cheap

This drift discourages us newbies from starting a high-end tactile setup. Although BK LFE+TST seems like a clear way to go.

Hope thread straights up.Really looking to build a good tactile system and have a place to download and share custom effects

In response to how exciters would compare to Advance or even Mini units mounted on the seat. Really? THEY WON'T. AT ALL. Those units are capable of at least up to 100hz and when placed very close to the body, as in on the seat, you will be absolutely wasting your time combining exciters with those units or even substituting for them once you've already felt the larger ones. Simply, the exciters are low end, low power, low effort items that should be considered for budget builds if you have the correct seat. I fail to understand how they are remotely useful in a recommended build of 2 x LFE and 2 x TST units. Completely useless. To me anyway. You guys try them and decide for yourselves.

I sort of regret selling my Mini LFE's now. I would have liked to have tried what metalandwood did with them and see what effects felt like all over the seat as opposed to just underneath. I wouldn't bother with exciters again but I would keep an eye out for some used Mini's just to give it a go.
So i am following @metaInwood on- and offline but have 4 Dayton's on the way to my place this week, so i would still have the option to return some of those, if my tests don't satisfy my expectations. Ultimately price is key i agree, as for successfull effects separation you need a number of units to spread effects/layers out. For most of the people who have heavily invested in TST/BK HW as myself, spending another couple of hundred euros extra over the exciters might not be totally out of the question though, but it is significantly more money.

My question to you Anton:
i fully understand the mini's should be quite powerful on the seat and should also span the range from 40-somewhat above 100Hz, as i have used several BK Gamer 2's in the beginning, but WHAT exactly do you think is better with minis for this specific application, do you have hands-on experience in comparing them on the seat's back?
Some frequency response weakness can be mitigated via DSP and i assume, i will drive any transducer on the back of the seat with quite low power and a limited number of effects/layers.

Last edited:
I think the performance of the exiters must depend heavily on the type and thickness of material they are attached to.

I'm only using a bottom of the range Corbeau and I get great performance from those little things. Maybe I lucked out by going bargain basement instead of saving up for a nice thick OMP or Sparco.

a place to download and share
RaceDepartment provides that, and @Mr Latte has used it for a tactile effect:
LatteMod.png

Note that download mods automagically get support for reviews and discussion,
so that the impatient need not spend time sorting thru threads.
One small issue is that RaceDepartment segregates mods by game,
which is not necessarily ideal for SimHub ShakeIt profiles,
although there is support for searching all mods with ShakeIt in their title.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Just received a chair for my flight sims. The bottom seat is MDF 12mm thick.
Is is a good idea to attach two shakers to that part? My main worry is the screws used may "oblong" the holes(the MDF collapsing under the screw vibration resulting on hole diameter getting bigger and bigger) and become loose with usage. The seat chassis has a metal crossbeam which were my first choose to install, but it´s farther from my ass so I thought the closer the better. But I could get wrong. I can´t secure them to the MDF by the two sides with nuts.
Has anyone installed shakers to MDF?

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Latest News

Back