Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

That's pretty funny. But, it does give you a good appreciation for the importance of auditory and tactile feedback for engine RPM. Our ability to hold speed with precision is tightly coupled to those senses (more so than our visuals).

Count me in for a group buy on racedepartment ;) ! group buy price... I also would love to know what is in their STAGE 1,2,3,4 ... package...

Count me in for a group buy on racedepartment ;) ! group buy price... I also would love to know what is in their STAGE 1,2,3,4 ... package...
There wont be a group buy :) You can buy the electronics direct cheaper than simtag will ever sell to you group buy or not.

Their DIY pieces are what you should be interested in, not the stage1-5 stuff, thats really for people buying their completed rigs.

I just did the dayton exciter thing to complement the LFE and TST on the seat.

Only as exciters were all out of stock I used the 4 bk lfe mini's that I had. My mini's were nice when they were the only things on the rig. Then the LFE and tst combo were good. Obvioulsy putting out a lot more energy at lower frequencies.

The LFE/TST was a good upgrade for sure but still I was attracted to see what the exciters may bring.. As they were all out of stock I mounted the mini's on to the shoulders and the lower sides, just back from the seatbelt side holes.

Blimey, I didnt think anything bad about the lfe/tst combo but now there is a difference between feeling like you are sitting on something that is alive and being inside something that is alive.

Of course the LFE/TST generates energy that goes through the whole seat but the addition of the mini's is quite significant. I expected the exciters to round off the experience but this is much more than I was expecting to get from the exciters.

the thing I am most happy about is that where they are placed it doesnt feel localised. I was worried about that as previously the one I had up high center back felt far too localised so it didnt really get any use as it flt odd.

I have not done much with it yet but after feeling RPM all over the seat rather than coming from the bottom and slipping/TL feeling the while side of the seat , not localised but actually feeling like it went all the way down one side I know I am going to be happy.

So if you are one of the many with the lesser BK mini's, dont toss them as part of an upgrade, you might be able to do a whole lot more than you thought.

I just did the dayton exciter thing to complement the LFE and TST on the seat.

Only as exciters were all out of stock I used the 4 bk lfe mini's that I had. My mini's were nice when they were the only things on the rig. Then the LFE and tst combo were good. Obvioulsy putting out a lot more energy at lower frequencies.

The LFE/TST was a good upgrade for sure but still I was attracted to see what the exciters may bring.. As they were all out of stock I mounted the mini's on to the shoulders and the lower sides, just back from the seatbelt side holes.

Blimey, I didnt think anything bad about the lfe/tst combo but now there is a difference between feeling like you are sitting on something that is alive and being inside something that is alive.

Of course the LFE/TST generates energy that goes through the whole seat but the addition of the mini's is quite significant. I expected the exciters to round off the experience but this is much more than I was expecting to get from the exciters.

the thing I am most happy about is that where they are placed it doesnt feel localised. I was worried about that as previously the one I had up high center back felt far too localised so it didnt really get any use as it flt odd.

I have not done much with it yet but after feeling RPM all over the seat rather than coming from the bottom and slipping/TL feeling the while side of the seat , not localised but actually feeling like it went all the way down one side I know I am going to be happy.

So if you are one of the many with the lesser BK mini's, dont toss them as part of an upgrade, you might be able to do a whole lot more than you thought.
Any photos ? Positioning ?

• Deleted member 1449502

Awesome to hear the high praise metalnwood. I literally just had my exciters arrive 20 mins ago. Got screwed with a delay on the epq304 though, won't he here till the start of next month now, and I'm moving into the new house then, so won't be able to hook in till after that

Attachments

• IMG_20211108_130433.jpg
    IMG_20211108_130433.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 64
Awesome to hear the high praise metalnwood. I literally just had my exciters arrive 20 mins ago. Got screwed with a delay on the epq304 though, won't he here till the start of next month now, and I'm moving into the new house then, so won't be able to hook in till after that
I really like it but to be clear in my case, as daytons were not about, I used the minis wich obviously will have a lot more power, and a lot more cost... But I already owned a 304 and the mini's so it wasnt a consideration.

• Deleted member 1449502

I really like it but to be clear in my case, as daytons were not about, I used the minis wich obviously will have a lot more power, and a lot more cost... But I already owned a 304 and the mini's so it wasnt a consideration.
I have a BKG2 directly on my back which passes on a ton of vibes for its relative output, so I appreciate what you are feeling with the minis

I think as I still use a mesh camper seat for my rig the vibe sensations are especially sensitive in the region. I don't doubt from my experience and the shared experiences of others that the exciters will have a very significant impact

Last edited by a moderator:
what's the difference between exciter and buttkickers ?
I guess excite are supposed to be smaller device supposed to give very local feedback, correct ? and this post pretty much is there to tell us that much stronger device like buttkicker mini fle are a good alternative to consider ?

Just want to make sure I understand the conclusion of @metalinwood posts.

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

I have a BKG2 directly on my back which passes on a ton of vibes for its relative output, so I appreciate what you are feeling with the minis

I think as I still use a mesh camper seat for my rig the vibe sensations are especially sensitive in the region. I don't doubt from my experience and the shared experiences of others that the exciters will have a very significant impact
Where at the seat are you planing to palce them?

what's the difference between exciter and buttkickers ?
I guess excite are supposed to be smaller device supposed to give very local feedback, correct ? and this post pretty much is there to tell us that much stronger device like buttkicker mini fle are a good alternative to consider ?

Just want to make sure I understand the conclusion of @metalinwood posts.
Tony already explained the difference.

As to why you would consider them?

Well if you were someone that has been following the thread here and upgrading your gear, spending huge amounts of money on lfe's/tst's amps and then getting curious about what the exciters may bring, I am suggesting you have a look at what gear you upgraded from and see how it may fit in to that equation.

I could and nearly did order the exciters but I already had the redundant mini's. Maybe overkill? I don't know how much power they put out compared to the dayton so hard to say but having felt these installed I am happy I did it.

I am not really suggesting you spend this amount more than daytons but I do know a few people doing the upgrade path will have some spare tactile that may give better results and save them $$ on this aspect.

Thanks for your post ! :thumbsup:

I was just about to install my 4 out of 8 DA 40W exiters that I have received….

…..But I actually still have 2 or even 4 x BK mini LFEs that I still have either without any use or on my pedal plate together with a BK Advance. And honestly, with the SFX, the whole tactile on the pedal plate/ pedal heel is not very immersive so that I could leave only the BK Advance there and use my 4 x BK mini LFEs on the seat….But drilling my seat is something I am not that keen on to be honest….humm have to think about that….

…..But the idea of using the BK mini LFEs for the seat in addition to the BK LFEs and the TST feels VERY tempting :) (and you are absolutely right about the vibrations coming from the LFE and TST only from the bottom)

Regarding the exiters, I also have my doubts as they would go for the high Hz, which are usually mainly due to the high rev in the engine. Something however very important for formula cars but not GT/ LMP. So that depends on the type of car we drive.

Do I understand it correctly that you assigned the wheel slip and TL to the BK mini LFEs?

And why did you put the Minis on the side and not on the back?
I had two of my mini's on the pedal tray and I took them off to try this.

I thought that if I took them off the pedal tray I would save myself the costs of 4 pucks from the states to here and the t.racks dsp and instead use that money to get a tst239 for the pedals. Really to use for only a couple effects like slip and lock so should be ok.

As to placement, I have had them on the back before and found them to feel out of place other than the lower back. On the sides low (behind lap belt hole) seems to give less power than the top ones but it really does start to give you that envelope of tactile.

You may say that the lfe and tst do vinrate the whole seat so you wont know what I mean until you feel it and then think, yeah, most vibration is coming from the bottom. I am confident my tactile from the lfe/tst is no different than others I see using isolation in this respect.

I put mine at the top sides hoping that I would feel like I could achieve the feeling of being pressed in to the side of the chair and I think I am much closer to that than if I put them on the back.

Before I drilled I got my son to push/hold the unit there while I sat in the chair and used a tone generator.

So if you have someone to help, maybe have them hold the puck and mini in place for some comparison?

It cost me a lot to get my evo2 in NZ and I wsa reluctant to dill in to it. When I did a couple years ago I got more than I could want from my minis when I attached them to the seat originally. I am never going to need the fia cert, it will never go in to a car. It's only for sim use so I would encourage you to get the most out of your seat for the use you got it for :)

If you have someone to hold them for testing give it a go, it cant hurt and I would be curious to hear the performance difference.

Last edited:
I only remember myself writing about putting the minis directly on the back of the seat at RD, so it is likely it was me saying my displeasure of one mounted high. As we know, YMMV though :)

Good luck!

Latest News

Back