Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

Mini-LFEs on the side and back, poor kidneys. :(

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Like anything, adjust to something comfortable. I am not a fan of lots of constant noise in the seat so dont imagine I am driving them hard just because they could be.

I was just really impressed when I had a good slide it delivered the goods in the right places at that time with the oomph that felt right. I wont be using that oomph for vomit inducing constant vibes. In fact outside of some of those effects they may not even be doing more than the pucks? I dont know.

But, as Tim Taylor says , grunt grunt grunt AAARRGHHROOO.

Like anything, adjust to something comfortable. I am not a fan of lots of constant noise in the seat so dont imagine I am driving them hard just because they could be.

I was just really impressed when I had a good slide it delivered the goods in the right places at that time with the oomph that felt right. I wont be using that oomph for vomit inducing constant vibes. In fact outside of some of those effects they may not even be doing more than the pucks? I dont know.

But, as Tim Taylor says , grunt grunt grunt AAARRGHHROOO.
Tim: i am planning to put 4 mini LFEs on the back of my seat.

Al: no, Tim.

Errr, no think you missed the point......
I didn't post it as a question, but to highlight, you are combining exciters with other units.
Based on that, you already have the best low/mid bass with BK/TST models.

Therefore the "Thruster" model with the improved output with the higher frequencies, for potentially nicer felt sensations with effects that we may want to apply higher octaves or using harmonically matched frequencies to what is used on the other units.

As these are the frequencies with the least amount of bandwidth then it is more important to have them used with direct contact as possible. This way more of their detail can be retained. Those trying to place other units on the back of the seat, fail to grasp the point in having the selected "Thruster" model due to its ability to offer nicer response with these higher frequencies that other units will not be able to do. While a TST can do this, we cannot place multiple TST units to a back of a seat like we can with 4-6 units used on the back of a seat.

I quoted this post here rather than Helis thread to not tie it up.

I just wanted to say that I didnt 'fail to grasp' anything with my decision. It was a smart one to try something al already owned. I realise that I may not get as high freq but as soon as they were on I was pretty confident the exciters wouldnt come close with some effects that I like.

I am aware of what the tradeoff could be but now I have felt them I think the tradeoff works 'for me'.

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

I just tried them. One thing I would say is that attached to the back of the shoulder on my hard shelled seat is letting this thing transmit rather easily - as would be the case for the exciter too.

So 120 would no doubt have been rubbish if it was mounted to the pedal tray or other places you would traditionally mount a BK unit.

On the seat it can deliver that 120 no problem. Can it compete with the puck? I have no idea, the bk is a much larger unit but that doesnt mean it will outperform the puck at that frequency. I am not sure than mr latte has compared these two like that either. It does deliver some noise with at 120. I drove it up to about 180 where I got the distinct feeling that I start to hear more noise than any actual feeling other than the slightest buzz.

In that position the delivered a nice 35 as well, which is a nice complement to the bigger units for idle cars, getting off the line etc.

Last edited:
I could see the minis as an addition to the BK LFE and TST429 but not as a replacement for the exiters. Too different in terms of response Hz.
Is that comment based on your hands-on experience?
But for which cars do you need the very high Hz? Definitely for the F1 cars. For the GT3 much less :roflmao:
It is not about the higher pitch you hear, it is about adding harmonics to the fundamental frequencies, which can feel fuller and more realistic.

I have now unsubscribed from the general tactile thread and as stated I am done with it...

Not interested in people trying to bait me into a discussion of what is said here, over there @metalnwood. Listen, you guys can do what you want with your own installations, I don't care anymore. I highlighted the reasons why this model was chosen and based on the effects development I have done, they are necessary to achieve the full characteristics certain effects may have. Try listening to music with no treble, or imagine an orchestra with certain smaller instruments removed. If you want to ignore this as an element, that's up to each person.

It's amusing, as quite a few of you, seem to want effects that will be made for the recommended "specific hardware", but for whatever reasons, have problems just following the recommendations of using it.

That is the most common sense thing you have said in a long time, we can do whatever we like for our own setups. I fail to see how that upsets you so much.

If you were to read my post properly you would see that I am not telling people to do this, the point was the gear that you already have may still have a place on your upgraded rig.

I am not baiting you, I am just sharing what I did on my rig. No it's not what you did. You referenced me and I am not going to go over to heli's thread and mess it up because you have taken to using his thread to address people on various issues.

Get a commercial thread here. I think thats your answer then you can detail all you want on your solution and not worry about others talking about their own rig on it. Certainly better than camping out on personal build threads sniping at others.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

I will receive 4 exciters later this week. Everything is set-up to mount and connect them.

I guess the plan for now is to replicate the TST range on the exciters and maybe i will turn on some of the really high bass stuff that i have disabled so far, because for me it mainly created audible whine, but little tactile sensation from the units on seat and pedal plates.

I am not sure, whether that will be too much for those small units, i need to see, if i can only put a selection of layers on those.

I will go from there.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Tony, as i said, i am really not into replicating any kind of specific car. Unfortunately i cannot work 8 years on tuning effects due to other responsibilities i have in my life :)

Latest News

Back