Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

• Deleted member 1449502

Thanks for the detailed feedback, I think Im partial to having the 54hz range more prominent in the mix.

Yeah that jerk/surge feel is intended for rough shifts, the amplitude will modulate accordingly. I'd love it if you could post what you settings/sim/car you land on so we can have a go

OK so I played with it a bit more and I like it more the way that I have it now.

Assetto Corsa, AMG GT3, Highlands Long

I swapped the 54hz from solely TST to solely Concert. I like the feel this gives me a lot better and I think overall the 54hz being so loud and sent to the TST doesn't really suit it. The unit is good, but I don't think it suits this effect the way it's designed, at least on my setup. Moving the 54hz to the Concert gives a different feeling and it's a lot more natural than what I was getting with the TST. It feels like distortion on the TST even at lower gains, rather than the smooth feeling of the BK.

I have 36hz going to both TST and Concert, and the 6hz obviously only to Concert. Toned down the 54hz in the effect volume slider to 50%. I might change this again now that I've moved the effect off the TST and see how it feels. General balancing of the effects to somewhat mimic the 100/200/200% that you had intended but changed them enough to make them useful. Don't forget unit placement, amp gain settings and overall combination with other effects will all affect the way each user balances the volumes. I'd love to be able to just take someones effect profile and not touch the individual gains of the components within, but here I had to try because if I didn't I think I would have just put it in the bin.

I've just done a few runs around Highlands, love that track, with engine vibes running in tandem, to make sure I can still feel gears and I can. Obviously not as much but it works better with an engine note that is active in downshifts, too. So it blends better with other effects to compliment it. I'll compare it to another Latte effect that I've got saved which also emphasises downshift revs and see how it compares.

• Deleted member 1449502

Awesome dude! yeah I feel it sits better in the mix also. Yeah we will all be differenty withj our configs/placment/software & amp volume but thought I'd post mine to perhaps have a reference to what I was going for in terms of a ratio/balance mix. Could you post the effect as a siprofile.txt for us please, keen to have a look

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly not much has changed in terms of the actual effects, but it should have included my outputs so someone can see how I balanced my own.

Attachments

• anton_Chez altered GEAR SHIFT EFFECT.siprofile.txt
    239.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Deleted member 1449502

What ratio of output did you run 54/36/6hz at? 100% output on all of them in the sound output tab? just trying to get a gauge of your balance.

If you could take a screen shot of it that would be helpful

This is the reason I didn't do it before...

1.PNG
2.PNG

3.PNG

• Deleted member 1449502

Check your 36hz rear left map for the BKC, that shouldn't be working as there is no custom effect programmed there, you will need to map it to rear right

gear shift on but set to 0
Gear shift is used for gating Custom shift effects, which are based on vehicle acceleration changes,
but which also happen elsewhere. @Wotever nicely sorted duration for good shift effects;
Custom effects use a property from it. So long as its tactile output is not configured
for channels in use by Custom effect, Gear shift output level should not matter.

Click the speaker icon to mute it, but sadly mute does not get stored in profiles.

• Deleted member 1449502

V2, few changes made

-Changed the 36hz custom effect
-Changed 6hz custom effect
-Suggested volume balance/mix is changed refer below
-Added greater delay to 36hz & 6hz effect
-Slightly lowered input gain of 6hz range
-Added 24hz standard gear effect to give the series more body when gearing up (adjust volume to taste)

Reference for mix balance (only suggested as a starting point)
Simhub 60%
NX Amps Dials At 2pm
Gear Shift Main Slider 30% (OUTPUT in sound output tab 100%)
Custom Effect 54hz Slider 100% (OUTPUT in sound output tab 200%)
Custom Effect 36hz Slider 30% (OUTPUT in sound output tab 100%)
Custom Effect 6hz Slider 40% (OUTPUT in sound output tab 100%)

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa - GEAR SHIFT V2 DMASS.siprofile.txt
    254.8 KB · Views: 94
  • GEAR SHIFT V2 SETTINGS1.jpg
    GEAR SHIFT V2 SETTINGS1.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 58
I'll give it a crack and report back. Nice work! Finally getting around to putting all the effects/profiles I've accumulated over the recent months to testing and building a profile that I can settle in with and race. Been using SOLELY engine vibes since I got the Concert 3 months ago, with the DSP curve settings. Will be good to have my curbs, speed and slip effects back.

• Deleted member 1449502

Look forward to seeing what you go with. I have a generic rpm series on there you may like

hey guys...a bit of help as the last few pages are a bit confusing to me. Following most of the local consesus I went with an EPQ304 + mini dsp and 4 x aura bst for the effects on the seat and now its time to get the more powerful transducers.

From what I read and I understand combining devices provides better clarity across a broader range. Just for confirmation 2 sets of BK-LFE and TST429 would do the trick? or something else is suggested? Driving these 2 pairs what is the appropriate amp?

is the NX3000D better for each pair? is it the NX6000D better for each pair? Can you run a NX4-6000 connect both pairs on it and add a mini dsp?

any suggestion to help me choose would be greatly appreciated!

• Deleted member 1449502

Hi Paladin, I have most of the gear you're asking about. You don't to go as far as a TST429 if you're buying them brand new, a TST329 or 239 with good isolation will be plenty for how we use them.

Pair it with a BK-LFE or BKC or Q10B. No real need for a NX6000D unless you are driving 2 x Q10Bs. For 2 x BKC or BK-LFE a NX3000D is plenty. No experience with the NX4-6000 with a mini DSP though

Hi Paladin, I have most of the gear you're asking about. You don't to go as far as a TST429 if you're buying them brand new, a TST329 or 239 with good isolation will be plenty for how we use them.

Pair it with a BK-LFE or BKC or Q10B. No real need for a NX6000D unless you are driving 2 x Q10Bs. For 2 x BKC or BK-LFE a NX3000D is plenty. No experience with the NX4-6000 with a mini DSP though

hey dMass :) thanks for the reply! really appreciate it. i ll be going with the 429 its no issue. just a clarification. is there a substantial difference between the BK-LFE and the BKC? provided each set will be going under the seat and under the pedal plate (and friggin pedal tray in 8mm mild steel thick - meca cup1 pedals with plate). I have used this https://www.mcmaster.com/vibration-...-vibration-damping-mounts-with-threaded-hole/ and have isolated the plate and the seat rather decently so far

• Deleted member 1449502

hey dMass :) thanks for the reply! really appreciate it. i ll be going with the 429 its no issue. just a clarification. is there a substantial difference between the BK-LFE and the BKC? provided each set will be going under the seat and under the pedal plate (and friggin pedal tray in 8mm mild steel thick - meca cup1 pedals with plate). I have used this https://www.mcmaster.com/vibration-...-vibration-damping-mounts-with-threaded-hole/ and have isolated the plate and the seat rather decently so far
They are both more or less the same once configured with DSP. What shakers are you using currently with those isolators?

They are both more or less the same once configured with DSP. What shakers are you using currently with those isolators?
I am using the normal aurasound ast-2b-4. I got 4 of them initially to try out the concept/feeling and play with the mini dsp. I am "happy" with the result. I still use subtle settings overall. I played a bit with the profiles in simhub and now I am at point I can decently and distinctly feel a number of different vibrations including tire slip. more than happy to share my simhub profile or provide any further info (i am sure it can be improved but at my current status i feel it ok)

on the BK C vs LFE for sim racing purposes without dsp wouth there be a difference ? (thats a friend asking who doesnt have dsp nor does he want to start playing with one)

• Deleted member 1449502

Post over your simhub profile, we may be able to help improve it.

Without DSP you won't receive the same feeling with low Hz range since it will retain unwanted harmonics

Post over your simhub profile, we may be able to help improve it.

Without DSP you won't receive the same feeling with low Hz range since it will retain unwanted harmonics
Hey dMass. please see attached. just change the extension from txt to the simhub extension .siprofile . it wouldnt allow me to upload it

so the way i have them placed channel 1-2 are the 2 auras beneath the seat (left and right) channel 5 is the aura bolted on the lower part on the back of my seat and channel 6 is the aura directly beneath the pedal plate

Attachments

• Any Game - IRACING 2LM.txt
    11 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Latest News

Back