Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Ditto. It looks like a triple projector setup but its awfully small if that's the case.. I like photos over videos unless its a walk around.
Its a 88x35" screen I designed for 5 projectors in portrait mode, currently I'm using 3 projectors in landscape, that's why only half of the screen is being used.
I was hoping 1080p 120hz projectors were going to come out at the CEDIA show this year, but it doesn't look like it.

Sorry about the quality of the screen in those videos, but I setup the camera to show the simulator and it overexposed the screen. If you go to my youtube page, there are some more vids on there that show the screen.
http://www.youtube.com/user/VanFS3K#p/u

A friend of mine called me the other day to go and stop by his place to check out a seat he picked up outside of a pizza joint. He told me he saw it outside and asked the owner if he could pick it up and he said yes, for free. It's an old seat from some NAMCO arcade game. I told him it's a really starting point.

steveseat.jpg

My Obutto setup

I recently got this all setup. Still tweaking and thinking of new ideas. This rig is somewhat customizable in that you can decide where and how to mount variious parts. I am loving this thing, I can race, do computer "things", work:eek:, or switch over to playing an FPS with no trouble. Very nice piece of equipment. Now, to start saving for the triple monitors. Running a single 28" now. Or may try a 32" LCD TV.

PC_Setup_driving.jpg

I want 5 screens. Moving back to 3 as soon as my gpu coolers arrive. But I'll tell you something, I just plugged in a CRT, and damn, how have we managed without them? The screen is silky smooth, unlike any LCT, TFT, plasma screen I've ever seen. Anyone know if they make CRT's with a PC port at 24"? I'd buy :D
Oh hear ya, It took me forever to get rid of my HUGE 23" CRT, it had such a spectacular picture! But, wouldnt fit my Obutto :(

Oh hear ya, It took me forever to get rid of
my HUGE 23" CRT, it had such a spectacular picture! But, wouldnt fit my
Obutto :(

Then you build a better Obutto.... Actually I would probably just keep a normal desk with my CRT and then behind it or in a corner or in an adjacent closet do a race rig triplehead. Do you realize with a 6x eyfinity card you can have a monitor, a triplehead, a TV and a projector all at the same time! I just wonder how hard it is to set up the switching

Triple-screen is great, but only when you have a proper FOV !

yes FOV was out a little, I forgot to change back to native resolution. thanks for the heads up!
may need to tweek/research FOV settings and aspect ratio abit yet. FOV set to default atm.

Research complete. http://www.thewayiplay.com/mainforum/index.php?topic=1826 This post is the most recently updated.

so my V-FOV isnt right, hmm but that changes with cam zoom though. If you sit back in a real car, that's the view you see, top part of the wheel, the dash, top of window. I mean I don't stick my face up against the windshield when I drive my car.

If your going for a full "simulator" you have to close your eyes and imagine your sitting in a car while at your desk. All the monitor is really their for is to replace a part of the windshield.

Maybe its better if I move my monitors closer to my wheel. Anyway I'm going to do those calculations and see what I come up with.

Always better to move them closer. I can't get mine any closer.. But I tested and I can live with about 26" from my face on most screens.

Heres mine!
3-24" LG LED monitors
Corsair 800D Tower
Maximus extreme iv Rev B3
8 GB corsair dominator 2133 Mhz
Core i7
Corsair 1200 w Power supply
CoolerMaster V6 Cooler
XFX 6990
OCZ 60 Gb sata 3 SSD
3 -160GB HD
1- 250GB HD
8 CoolerMaster fans
Track Boss button box from Spears
SymProjects gear indicator, speedo, and tach
GT2 Wheel with CS Pedals
Ultra sheild racing seat
I can't figure out the image uploader. URL? Why so complicated? I better start reading.....

Latest News

Back