Hope you like it!!!

Buttons functions:

1- pit stop demanding
2- speed limiter on/off
3- lights on/off
4- engine on/off

Rotary encoders:

Left digits- car and race information
Right information- time information (1st and 2nd switches are shows in qualifing real diference gap between current and best or last time lap). Rest, best lap time, last lap time, current lap time, Sinbin, time (like in clocks, hehehe)

Simscreen buttons: Car and race informacion

Cheers

Hi,
So I began with a copy of an old Playseat, then build my first static rig etc. Due to the quite low price for that profiles, the complete price was quite "moderate" The most expensive part were the pedals due to their hydraulic brake upgrade. These were 900 Euro, so you can save 700 with normal CSPs. I calculated by head and the result was around 4500-5000 Euros. In mens hours another 80-100 working hours (constructiong, planing, idea finding). The result is perfect. I created my dream. What surprised my, until now I got mails from over 140 different people, asking for help with the build of this rig. Some wanted to order it ready to use, so that I have to think of creating a business.

That's about 4000 Euro's more than my cockpit costs. :tongue:
But I guess it's worth it, because its one of the most awesome rigs I've ever seen! :)

Posted this in iRacing forums, thought I'd post here too. There are some tweaks here and there I'd like to make. Still working on the wiring.
I'm not very good at photography.

sidetop2.jpg

That is sweet. Did you powder coat those yourself?

I'd usually recommend moving the screens closer but I think it would be extra difficult for you.

Other shots if you can.
I didn't powder coat myself, 80/20 did it.
The screen setup is in a test setup right now, so I'm currently only using half of the vertical space on the screen, when I have everything ready, I'll have 5 projectors total in portrait mode. Should be big enough

Its rear projection, so that's not possible at that size. In sims like iRacing, where you can lock the view to the horizon, the game/sim virtually moves with the motion sim.

Sounds like the perfect race sim in the making. God Speed to you! I assume five 720P's? I was looking into the 120Hz 720's and they are relatively cheap. But then again I am not sure how any modern graphics setup would cope with five 120Hz screens.?

Sounds like the perfect race sim in the making. God Speed to you! I assume five 720P's? I was looking into the 120Hz 720's and they are relatively cheap. But then again I am not sure how any modern graphics setup would cope with five 120Hz screens.?

I want 5 screens. Moving back to 3 as soon as my gpu coolers arrive. But I'll tell you something, I just plugged in a CRT, and damn, how have we managed without them? The screen is silky smooth, unlike any LCT, TFT, plasma screen I've ever seen. Anyone know if they make CRT's with a PC port at 24"? I'd buy :D

Latest News

Back