Show us your Rig / Cockpit

sounds like the perfect race sim in the making. God speed to you! I assume five 720p's? I was looking into the 120hz 720's and they are relatively cheap. But then again i am not sure how any modern graphics setup would cope with five 120hz screens.?
1080p.
120hz 1080p may come out by the end of the year, I may use 5 of those if they actually do come out.

TRIPLE MONITOR COCKPIT FULLY WORKING LCDs SCREENS

Take a look at my cockpit fully forking Lcds Screens: (look at 3:45- red right panel display. It shows gap like real F1 cars!!!)

Hope you like it... ;)

cheers

I just plugged in a CRT, and damn, how have we managed without them? The screen is silky smooth, unlike any LCT, TFT, plasma screen I've ever seen. Anyone know if they make CRT's with a PC port at 24"? I'd buy :D

Dsc01751B.jpg

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=gd...m-fw900&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313 Start Bidding.

I have three FW900's I run in 2 month intervals and hopefully they hold out until the FED technology is consumer level.

Also bob808, That is an insanely awesome setup. Your head probably hurts when that sub goes off back there.

dscn4386y.jpg

Ok!! I got it figured out now.
This is Phase 1 of my cockpit build. Everything is made out of acrylic (which is a huge pain trying to cut with a jig saw). Please don't notice any of the "un-square-ness" of the cuts. They're not done yet but I was wondering if someone could give me an opinion of setting up the pedals more vertically.
I have a mental image of Tilton pedal boxes in my head with the clutch and brake pedal over vertical while the gas being near vertical and quarter inch or so set behind.
tilton-pedal-box1.jpg

I also decided on a rally style fat brake pedal. I intend on adding some skateboard grip tape to both the pedal faces and the heel area.
I'm working on padding and upholstering my poly RCI seat (obviously a budget build, no Recaro's for me right now).
Have a SLI-M on it's way, but will not be steering wheel mounting it. I intend on adding a few buttons to the wheel but the SLI will be mounted as it is in a Porsche GT3 RSR (on the top of the dashboard).

I'm sure that's enough clutter on this post already so I will leave it at that. I'll post some more when things get further on there way.

I was not even looking at the Nixim Sim Rig or knew much about them when I saw a Polecat version on a forum for sale which I missed out on but that got me looking at Nixim.

We all know most Sim Rigs aren't cheap and when you are spending your hard earned cash you want to know you are getting the best rig that suits you. What I found in the beginning was that its hard to actually speak to a person about their rigs and also most of the contacts never even bothered replying to my emails.

When you are spending £400 upwards, all I wanted to do was sit in a rig and try one out, you wouldn't buy a car without taking it for a test drive. I know you can watch review after review and the guys at InsideSim gave the best and indepth reviews but it is not the same as sitting your butt in a rig.

From the very first phone call to Dave Nixim, I was hooked as he definately knew his product. He is as keen as anyone about rigs, not only has he been making them for many years but he is as keen as all of us about sim racing and he definately knows his stuff. So a three hour drive later up to his Doncaster showroom which was well worth the drive, I actually got to see one in the flesh. He has two Racecraft rigs, all setup and ready to use. Four hours later with lots of racing and chatting I was absolutely sold on his product and not once did he push for a purchase, the rig sold itself. He sent me off to think about it although I had already made my mind up before I got to the end of the road.

Dave builds all the rigs up before they are sent out to make sure it all goes together ok and there is nothing missing. So six weeks after placing the order, I made the journey back to Doncaster to collect my Racecraft Gt rig with Cobra Clubman seat. I took with me my GT2 Porsche wheel & Clubsport pedals so that Dave could drill the holes to fix the wheel to the rig and check that no other changes were to be made which he was happy to do, adding that personal touch. For this reason I can't give much feedback on how it goes together but it all looks straight forward and would only take an hour or two but definately be a two man job. The rig is very solid therefore very heavy. I will not go into all the adjustments and materials he uses, just check his website. Regarding personal adjustments, there are more than enough to suit anybodies build and height. There are also lots of options you can add, depending on your budget again check his website.www.niximracing.co.uk.

I have been using the rig now for two weeks and at last I'm happy with the position of everything. I just kept racing and making small adjustments everytime I gamed, the longest race session being three hours. Even with the GT2 FFB cranked right up and with me working the wheel hard there is NO movement in the rig at all.

When playing F1 on the Xbox I find when riding the curbs you get the sensation that the whole rig is moving or twisting which it is not. I think its where the wheel and pedals are bolted to the rig and you are feeling the FFB through the frame. Its hard to put into words but it adds to the whole sim experience and I love it. There is also a mounting post already on the rig for the "Buttkicker" which I will add at a later stage.

Overall its hard to fault this rig, it's of very good quality, very well made and would suit anyone of a certain height, I'm 6ft 2in and it fits me like a glove. With the castors on, it raises the rig up off the ground which makes it that much easier to get in and out of. You get a bonnett motif with your name printed on and all the additions of these little details makes this a superb rig to own.

I would give this rig 10 out of 10 with Dave making the whole experience memorable with his knowledge and great customer service and he never pressurises you into any purchasing, its all very laid back. If you are outside the UK I would rate this 8 out of 10, this is purely down to the shipping over seas cost which can be very expensive due to the weight of the rig.

I will enjoy adding the extras over time to my setup....

http://imgur.com/a/kfrT2

does it not make you feel sick with chair moving and screens not i know if im on a bus or in a car and read a magazine or look at phone for a while makes me feel really sick
For most sims like iRacing, you can lock view to horizon, if you look at the iRacing video the movement is synced with that of the cockpit in the game. But I know what you mean, there are those like Dirt 3 that dont have that. Surprisingly I never notice it. I think if you have a small screen then you would definitely notice it.

I think what you are referring to is when you have something small in front of your face that you are trying to read or view, and its bouncing around at the same time, that makes me sick too.

I'm guessing tiple head LCD's with screen magnifiers to cover up the bevels. You can just about see the color difference on the right monitor :p

If it was me though, I would have to have the screens moving with the rig, and a custom FOV as seeing the steering wheel would do my nut in lol.

Latest News

Back