Show us your Rig / Cockpit

P1040295.jpg

A fresh taken photo showing my rig in profile.
The rig is rock steady and fits me perfect. It is no problem to race for an hour or so.
I'm very satisfied!

A fresh taken photo showing my rig in profile.
The rig is rock steady and fits me perfect. It is no problem to race for an hour or so.
I'm very satisfied!

If I had some quirks with most rigs, and I am not singling you out Henrik, it would be the angle most wheels default to and the distance away from the monitor. The angle of the wheel can be personal preference but by default they are designed to go on someone's 30 inch high desk, not in a nicely set up cockpit like that at the right height. I have quite a few pictures of real race car's I gathered for research and a few of them have angled/low wheels but they are mostly street cars. http://s1003.photobucket.com/albums/af151/ViolatorGaming/Real Cockpits/

As for the monitor it should be as close as you can physically stand looking at it +2". Helps with FOV stuff and puts you into the game a bit more.

now that looks fantstic!! Where do you guys get the metal bar stuff from?

I think its 80/20 material and it is awesome. But expensive. http://www.8020.net/

Yes Steven. you are right about the angle of the wheel. It could be steeper to be more similar to a real cockpit. But it feel OK today so I haven't put more effort into that. Maybe I will change this in the future.
For the monitor I'm planning to buy three monitors with Eyefinity after the summer. Then it will become better.

I will design a stand for the monitors so it will be possible to adjust the distance to the driver and also the angle between the monitors

I was heel-n-toeing even with unmodified g25 pedals.
The modified brake pedal gives more accuracy and improves your braking, but it doesn't mean you can't live without it.

I couldn't heel-n-toe without shoes, and comfortable angle of the pedals.
So if you drive with socks, find yourself shoes with thin sole, and try to play with the angle of the pedals.

I was heel-n-toeing even with unmodified g25 pedals.
The modified brake pedal gives more accuracy and improves your braking, but it doesn't mean you can't live without it.

I couldn't heel-n-toe without shoes, and comfortable angle of the pedals.
So if you drive with socks, find yourself shoes with thin sole, and try to play with the angle of the pedals.

Thanks for the tip.

Hehe, nope, the big screen is still there, just hard to capture it with any decent perspective on the camera. it's only a 27", but does the job. The little screen is gone, and the MMG thing has replaced it.

Here is my F1 cockpit. I used an AutoStyle racing seat that I've mounted on a office chair base, a 32" led-tv screen and a handmade F1 steering wheel with SLI-Pro device by Željko Roso that has been mounted on a Logitech G27.

The steering wheel (plug and play - USB-connection) is super hot. See this video to see all those RPM leds flashing!

Detail of the steering wheel:

35951d1300531151-diy-f1-cockpit-office-desk-f1-cockpit-f1me03sm.jpg

Jebus!, thats a $1000+ wheel. Very nice.

Hey,

I got the MMG from a for-sale post on here, but they are available from Mak-Corp direct.

The Gear on the wheel is just an option in the 911Wheel drivers. I have actually changed it to the race position now though, since thats not available on the MMG thing.

Latest News

Back