Show us your Rig / Cockpit

my little cockpit ^^

P2220107.jpg

3- 21.5 inch Gateway Led's configured @ 5760x1080 resolution, Thomas Super wheel with digital encoders throughout. Core I-7 920 quad core @ 2.66 ghz, 6 gigs of corsair dominator ram...twin Galaxy gtx 570 fermi's in sli...Tritton 5.1 surround sound headphones.

this is currently what i,m using only had it a few weeks now, already made a few bits for it this weekend, such as rear speaker mounts/shifter mount, buttkicker to come a few other items,
neilspics001.jpg

I belive the gears are on the wrong side. :p
Looking very good Niel. I was wondering how wide is that rig without the TV. :)

i swap the gears over side to side depending on what i,m driving, the plan is to put the h gaited down the side of the seat, and i,m going to put a sequenceal shifter up near wheel, also tomarrow my wheel rim is going to be sent away ro be apolsterd in suede to make it less harsh on my hands,

i,ll give it a measure and get back to you the tv is 37" so i would say the widiest part of the rig is 25" lots od adjustment in everything to get the right position,

i swap the gears over side to side depending on what i,m driving, the plan is to put the h gaited down the side of the seat, and i,m going to put a sequenceal shifter up near wheel, also tomarrow my wheel rim is going to be sent away ro be apolsterd in suede to make it less harsh on my hands,

i,ll give it a measure and get back to you the tv is 37" so i would say the widiest part of the rig is 25" lots od adjustment in everything to get the right position,
I was joking about the gears. :p

Thanks for the info though. I have thinking of buying a racing rig and your seems quite bullet proven.
Edit: in theory your rig should be around 50cm.

Hey guys! I'm new to posting here. I just built myself a new rig for work and play, and decided to go for a triple monitor setup while I was at it. It's a beast of a computer and I'm proud of it!

Specs:

ASUS RampageIII Formula mobo
Intel i7990x 3.4Ghz Gulftown 6-core extreme edition CPU
24GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 RAM
Corsair Professional Series AX1200 1200W PSU (might replace with Silverstone 1500W unit)
Plextor SATAIII 256GB SSD main drive
3-way SLI w/ EVGA Superclocked GTX580's
3x HP ZR30w monitors @ 2560x1600 each

Fanatec Porsche GT3RS wheel
Fanatec Clubsport pedals
SimGear Lightning SST H-pattern shifter

I originally built it for 2-way SLI with those GTX580's, but I figured... 'why the heck not?' and ordered a third one the other day. Just came in the mail today, I haven't installed it yet. I'm wondering if I'm going to have power issues with the 1200W power supply or not.

Here is my F1 cockpit. I used an AutoStyle racing seat that I've mounted on a office chair base, a 32" led-tv screen and a handmade F1 steering wheel with SLI-Pro device by Željko Roso that has been mounted on a Logitech G27.

The steering wheel (plug and play - USB-connection) is super hot. See this video to see all those RPM leds flashing!

Detail of the steering wheel:

35951d1300531151-diy-f1-cockpit-office-desk-f1-cockpit-f1me03sm.jpg

G27 Racing Box

Congratulations to all who have posted such ingenious cockpit concepts. All that I've seen thus far has provided much inspiration for creativity. They certainly got my creative juices flowing and so I decided to build a racing box for my G27 based on particular needs. The design requirements and necessities came down to the following in priority:

1. Compactness
2. Easy storage
3. Aesthetic pleasantness (especially for the wife)
4. Safe from cables being bitten into by cats (yes I know :tongue:)
5. Requires little if any maintenance (magnetic panel removal system)
6. Has to be tough and sustain the weight of a 24"+ monitor
7. Has to easily sustain horizontal kinetic impact

I really needed something that looked like a piece of furniture, something resembling a cupboard or chest of drawers to blend in with my study. Well here is the final result which I'm extremely happy with:

g27racingbox.jpg

As you can see the panels pull off easily and are locked in place via 4kg magnets on each side. The vertical panel has an additional magnet at the bottom to prevent it from shifting. The shelf with the wheel and gear shift in place has the same dimensions as the top horizontal panel that is removed in the second photo. 17mm industrial plywood was utilized for added strength and durability for this project.

All dimensions are customized to my physical frame. The entire project after completing the design took roughly twelve hours to manufacture from cutting to staining/varnishing. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for the next inspiration. :)

Latest News

Back