Show us your Rig / Cockpit

I love the plate with your name on :) Where you get it ? :peace:

My parents bought a car in belgium, and that was the extra plate, and since my parents then changed it to a portuguese plate, i used the stickers from the replacement plate and wrote my name.

this was about 10 years ago, i just found it this summer while moving houses :D

but if you want a real plate with your name, it's not that expensive :thumb:

This is what I have for now. No PC yet but it will be copnnected to a 19 inch widescreen monitor and also a Sony Bravia 32 inch. The desk is an old desk my sister was throwing out. So I told her I'd have it as my old set up the p[edals were to close. I took the wheels and bottom out so the pedals can go against my TV stand and then I can move the desk back so my legs are perfect for the pedals. I'm hoping of creating my own 1 day but this is ok for now.

BTW really like some of your set ups.

S8003455.jpg

S8003457.jpg

BTW ... I got a Saitek Pro Gamer Command Unit the other day (another "stumble upon whilst out shopping" bargain purchase after seeing Patrick's post the other day ... thanks for getting back to me on this mate, just what I was looking for :thumb:).

Like it a lot except that the Saitek SST profile software seems to be badly buggy - when its installed and after I first use the pad, I then get 25% of constant CPU usage on my "System" process until I unplug it (on a Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz, that is a lot of CPU to be using!!).

Have emailed support and waiting to hear what they say, but the damn thing had me worried I had a virus or something at first.

Luckily it seems to works without the software, its just a bit more limited as you can only use each keys once as a standard joystick button instead of being able to assign specific keystrokes, macros etc to each key, plus a shift function to double the inputs, and then you can times this by three for 3x switch positions (green / red / blue LED backlit keys) giving you a setting for race sims, one for FPS, and another for whatever else you play ...

Here's hoping they have a fix ...

... spent several hours checking my system out and as soon as I unplugged the control unit (and later uninstalled the SST software) ... boom ... cpu usage normal.
(not sure I said this but I also tried different USB ports, including and excluding a usb hub .... no difference

Got fed up of waiting for support and did a bit of research on this last night ... with a test this morning.
Not 100% but seems to be OK now.

After happening across one line of text in a thread on a forum, and unbeknown to me having never used this SST profiling software before, it seems that something I must have programmed into my profiler was causing the high CPU usage. (should probably have thought of this before, but didn't ... :doh:)

I re-installed the drivers and profiler and disabled the profile I had previously created and boomshanka ... CPU normal :woot:

How very annoying, but how very happy I am ... time to create a new set of profiles and make sure I don't do something that kills my CPU again ... Saitekbuttontastic is back and working again!!! :dance2:

• Antoine Morin

Thank you Keith for your Pic ;)

I was searching for a wheel system for my PS3 and ...that's it !!! One week to wait, not really expensive and seems really strong...

The WhellStandPro is what i wanted !!! Thanks Again ;)

Think the idea is, when you accellerate, g-forces push you backwards, hence the seat tips backwards to simlulate this. When you turn left, you get thrown to the right by gravity, so the seat tips to the right ... and so on.
The frex simmotion things does the same from what I remember, but this blue tiger seat does seem a bit of a roller coaster :p

Think it tilts nicely, that is about the maximum of G-Force simulation you will get in any simulator without being thrown out of your chair.

But if I ever have enough money spare to get such a thing I sure as hell want to test it out for a few hours 1st !

Nice cockpits out here!

EDIT:
Maybe you guys are curious what my cockpit looks like.
So... here it is.
All the stuff comes from VPP, so VPP Pedals, VPP Wheel, VPP Brake Mod, VPP Race Frame. And offcourse (not VPP) 3 x 19" plus the Matrox TH2Go.
IMG_7234.jpg

IMG_7232.jpg

• Carlos Fu

Very nice. where did you buy this? Is that expensive?
Really a simulator seat.

Latest News

Back