Show us your Rig / Cockpit

• Ollie Flint

I'm also thinking of building a cockpit (out of wood or alu box tube). I want to build mine in such a way that it can be folded/packed away when needed. Also, MDF can be very heavey due to it density so I'm looking into other woods.

• Ollie Flint

Plywood or chipboard ?

Ply. Chip is brittle and heavy.

Some Ideas for you Ollie on the alu front. Pics ar from a for sale item in Holland at RSC.

http://picasaweb.google.com/tjbolieralbum/CockpitProjectFinal09December2008?feat=directlink

Have looked at that oversize meccarno before. It is pretty expensive tbh.

Plent of Alu box on ebay... http://business.shop.ebay.co.uk/items/Metalworking-Supplies__W0QQ_sacatZ98641?_npmv=3

If I had a million dollars... many awesome cockpits on here.

This is my makeshift cockpit. It works ok, could be a lot better, note the seat-fixing.

Topping my shoppinglist is a stationary computer. My computer barely manages Porto WTCC at Lowest graphic settings. Had to switch to hood-view and let it cool off between sessions:)

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 310
what also is pretty much used are PVC tubing.... At RSC there are multiple cockpits shown that used this type of cockpit building.

Its cheap, easy to build and further more very light there for easy to move. you can probably can make it dismountable for small spaces or multiperpose rooms..

Maybe an option aswell?

That's not a real desk ... its too tidy! :D

LOL ... nice post mate - I used to use a similar approach for keeping my chair in place, but mine was an old sheepskin rug ... simple but effective :good:

eeegads you guys are hardcore! If I posted a pic of my cockpit, well it looks alot like my work desk w/ a MOMO wheel hanging off it.

I do have the 24 monitor though which is reall nice.

Andre thats a sick station man but wheres the pilot relief bottle? LOL

Those seat remind me of the SPARCO EVO I had in my 95 M3 race car back in the day.

Latest News

Back