Show us your Rig / Cockpit

• ted5155

The Virtual Roadster racing simulator cockpit has a distribution center in Poland so you could pick it up yourself and save on the shipping charges. It has a built-in monitor stand and is within your price range at US$795.

• Jacek Kozlowski

The Virtual Roadster racing simulator cockpit has a distribution center in Poland so you could pick it up yourself and save on the shipping charges. It has a built-in monitor stand and is within your price range at US$795.

Really .Do You have any extra info about this distribution center(adress,mail,www??) or i just have to look at Virtual Roadster main site?
Its little bit expensive but if its so close i will have a look.

Thanks ted:)

Hello Gents.... new here and trying to find a place to start posting. Here's my rig. It's not my design but rather based on one by Bob Dunlop. Still a WIP.
Hi Frank

Could you please post a picture with a side-on view. I am keen to use your idea to build myself a cockpit. I don't want to have my LCD attached to the cockpit but on a seperate desk in order to move the cockpit when nessasary and I think your idea will work perfectly.

• Frank Sutton

The MkII Sofa got a small upgrade this morning. My Lightning SST finally arrived to replace my G25 H shifter. The G25 finally gave up the ghost H shifting a week ago, thankfully it's sequential function still works.:thumb:

Anyhow, Logitech couldn't/wouldn't replace the shifter (being 20 months old and out of warrenty) and the wheel and pedals are still top notch so, after a few overtime shifts, I thought I'd go for it.

Set up was a piece of ...erm...cake. Plug it in (Vistax64) and drivers auto downloaded. How easy was that??

So far I've only done few laps of Nords in an R8 and a Caterham 260 and I love it. First impressions are very heavy (already reinforced the desk with extra screws:D) but very, very well engineered and built. The shift is very precise, the initial feeling of the close gating is actually a bonus, I've had to relax and just let the spring guide my shift home, and it does every time.:D

Yet to test on GTL (Marseille v Liverpool tonight:p) so I'm off to give it a go now (Turagua a week tomorrow:thumb:.) So, here's couple of pics (seating removed.) The sofa is becoming a very nice place to drive in.:becky:

[media]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk130/si9973/MKII%20Sofa/IMG_0080.jpg[/media][media]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk130/si9973/MKII%20Sofa/IMG_0081.jpg[/media]Cheers.
Simon:)

PS The only drawback I've found is that I've become inexplicably drawn towards the Frex website, spending a good hour gazing at their goodies with my credit card not far away!!:jaw:

Very cool Simon, as I said this morning on the Stats server, am most jealous :evil: ...

That last Frex part sounds like it might take more than "just a few extra" overtime shifts to pay off tho' :wink:

Wow Simon, looks like you will be whizzing past me in GTL now. :couch2:

Good to see the gear shift on the correct side too. :wink:

I assume you can now use both shifters, and as a result you can map more hotkeys to the original G25 shifter, and keep the new one for shifting.

Wow Simon, looks like you will be whizzing past me in GTL now. :couch2:

Good to see the gear shift on the correct side too. :wink:

I assume you can now use both shifters, and as a result you can map more hotkeys to the original G25 shifter, and keep the new one for shifting.

I can still use the G25 for sequential shifting, or, as I found out last night, map the handbrake to it in GTL. Great fun but will probably end in disaster in the race:rolleyes:

Think it'll take a lot more than a new shifter to get me up to speed but we'll find out next week. Anything in the points and I'm happy although it would be nice to start snapping at the heels of the big hitters.:thumb: Unfortunately won't be at Symmons Plains tomorrow as I'm working 1400-0100 the next couple of days:(

Simon.:)

Yup, going to hide my credit card, get drunk and, hopefully, forget where I put it.:D

LOL ... beer amnesia is definitely the cheaper option ... :D
... although if I were anywhere near being able to afford (and excuse) the expense of a Frex or Ecci or something, then I am sure I would not be able to stop myself no matter how drunk I got ... I am such a sucker for beautiful pieces of engineering :wink:

Fortunately, or unfortunately...depending how you look on it, my mortgage payment went out today, so slapped back into reality:fish:.........however.........I have just booked a couple of sneaky OT shifts:doh:

Speaking of which, time to get ready, see you all later.

• Mark Bolter

i'm gonna buy two of these at that price:rolleyes:

• Jacek Kozlowski

Here my so called "cockpit".
I used bar stool for my shifter:D.You can see my new Samsung FullHD 32" tv.Maybe next year ill get some upgrades....worst thing right now is my leather office seat.I thought it will be good, but i was wrong-its vey uncomfortable for longer races

Attachments

• HPIM0419.JPG
    HPIM0419.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 327
  • www.jpg
    www.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 355

Latest News

Back