AC RSS GT-M(GT3) @ Road America - Sunday 6th August 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What a silly old sausage I am, I had a comfortable lead, completely forgot to concentrate ( I went into a daydream about something ) on the fast long right hander, next thing I am running on the grass. I can remember thinking why am I on the grass, I don’t rember grass on this corner. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
Great cars, first time I tried them seriously, just downloaded the Mercedes today.
Think I was little bit quicker with Mercedes but I liked the Lambo more so I went with it didnt change setup except camber, brake balance and -1 wing.
Too bad I had two incidents (got punted, lost about 15 seconds) and spun chasing Brian after my late +1 liter pitstop with worn tires ("overbraked" last corner, lost another 10 seconds appr.). So without the incidents I guess I could have maybe been part or not that far behind of the last laps battle with Hank, Robert and Laurent, but it was great fun nonetheless. Everybody had good pace, first laps were so close.
Question: I had to change cockpit view drastically as the box in the cockpit view with the name acronym was sometimes flashing nonstop, which distracted me a lot. Is it flashing for you as well and what does it mean?

great driving all, cu next time

results: https://simresults.net/230806-Lj0

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought I´d taunt you a little with my colossal cockup in the caroussel, very, very polite of you not to use it against me :inlove:

And Thomas, sorry for the punt, I didn´t get it to stop :(
Good to see you got "up there" again :cool:
no worries, these things happen in these hard braking zones

Wow, fun race. Congrats to the front runners but, as usual, really nice driving all around. Great to see so many drivers take part.

I had just two objectives from this race: to not finish last, and to not get lapped. Thankfully, mission accomplished :D With the exception of one 'off' resulting from choking under the pressure having Colin hot on my heels for a couple of laps, I was miraculously able to keep it on the track for the entire race.

As always, thanks Brian for organizing. Love that track! Tried to give it a go with the 'Lanzo' but really struggled to get decent results from it. Reluctantly switched to the Mercer, and after driving it a few laps, didn't look back. Engine sounds from that V8 are pretty gnarly too. The Bayer engine, on the other hand, sounded like a damn sewing machine to me... In any event, love these RSS cars and looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Again, nice job guys. See you at the next one!

Last edited:
Nice job Dominic, :thumbsup: staying on and keeping your race clean will usually bring results. I also didn’t like the original sound in the beemer so changed to a V8 Bentley GT3 mod I have, much more racey.:)
After a recent run of poor races and results, it was nice to feel competitive and be able to fight for positions. A bit of luck with others going off saw me running in P3 for a while but I went for the safe option at the stop and changed tyres. This put me back quite a bit and Ernie got the undercut on me when he stopped. But I felt I had some pace and pushed hard in the closing laps, Ernie made a mistake with a couple of laps to go handing me P5 and a decent result at last.:).
A great turn out, well done podium, and thanks Brian for organising.

Thanks all for an enjoyable race. The first half was hectic enough! Starting from 12th there was a lot of close battles up until ernie pitted behind me at 25 mins. Second half was more a chess match, with all the positions sorting themselves until the pit window shut.

Unfortunately couldn't keep up with the front 3, came out from the pits behind robert, who pulled away. Thomas pitted late only to spin just behind me, so that was that. No sweaty finish :)

90% luck and others misfortune but can't complain getting P12 - P4!

Congrats to the podium finishers! See you all next week :thumbsup:

I did actually enjoy this race, not happy about the cars, but as everyone else is that is okay with me.
Got stuck behind Colin. Suspected he was on a different strategy, overtaking was going to be risky as er were about similar pace. Ultimately caught by Brian, so let him overtake as I was sure he was on a 1 litre strategy, I was never going to make up the 15 seconds deficits so no point in defending.
That actually gave me a helping hand as Brian attempted successful pass and in the confusion with Colin having a forced error jumped at the chance of a overtake to.
It was then just a matter of using Brian as a pace marker before my cocked up refuel pit stop.
And that was that apart from some interest in the last few laps with Paul and Thomas.

3F2035AB-0EE0-489C-9FAB-C9A2D0053613.jpeg

PS I need a clutch with these cars, you cannot engage neutral when on the move, great for racing, in fact a great idea. Not so hot when driving to your pit stop.
I wonder if pulling both paddles at the same time get neutral.:unsure:

Last edited:
View attachment 686052

PS I need a clutch with these cars, you cannot engage neutral when on the move, great for racing, in fact a great idea. Not so hot when driving to your pit stop.
I wonder if pulling both paddles at the same time get neutral.:unsure:
In the (irl) Porsche GT3´s with PDK it does so you can clutchkick it into a drift.

If you really want it there is the possibility to do some programming magic with Joy2Key.

But I´d think the possibility of misuse is to great.
If you don´t get the timing just right and it shifts into a gear you don´t need your pit stop is ****ed.

I´m using a foot clutch for start and pitstop but it´s a pain in the ass as my brake pedal is straightin front of my left leg ( bummed knee) and i have to twist my foot around to use it.

I don´t think it would be a big problem if you just stall the car in the pit and it starts right up when you hit the accelerator. Even if it costs you 1/100 of a sec, it´s foolproof ( that is important for me when under racing stress:()

Never thought of that , i do have a clutch, stored away some where, ( the trouble is that I will remove my brake foot from its place, not find the clutch, then not find my brake pedal, its not looking good is it :O_o: }.
But I have my eye on the cube control Mercedes wheel, the carbon one that they have not yet brought out. it was advertised in 2022 and has not seen the light of day. ( lets hope it is reasonably priced )
I will sell my remaining two wheels and go with just the one, it has clutch paddles on it.

Did you need to know that.:O_o::O_o:

Finally I got over the disappointment to come back to this thread. I would have though this was my best prepared race, yet it was all screwed up before the race even started (unbeknown to me of course).

I had a good start, saw a big gap in front of Brian, hesitated but decided to take it any way, this is racing right? Hope didn't cause any heartache for you Brian. Into turn one, hmm, this car was not handling right. The problem became more apparent in the ensuing turns. I had to adjust my driving drastically.

On second lap, just when I started to get a handle of the car and made a good turn in into turn 5, I saw a flash of green showing up at the apex. And I hit Brian:redface:. Sorry Brian! Good thing I didn't cause any more damage then just helping you stay close to the apex:cool:.

Then into turn 14, Tom made a nice dive inside to pass me, but I was able to drive my normal line and caught up to him onto the main straight. Emboldened by my move at the start, I decided to not back off and kept gas planted. I got slightly ahead of Tom before turning into turn 1. To be safe, I braked early to make sure I hit apex tight and didn't drift out. Just before the apex, I saw Tom going for it too, we touched and spun together.

After that, just trying to adjust my driving to make the best lap time I could. Then it was time to pit. Pulling into the pit nothing happened. Hmm, did I overshoot the pit? Quick, back up and do it again. Still nothing happened. Then it dawned on me. I had not loaded my setup!!! After quali, I exit the game (for stupid reason), then forgot to reload my setup. No wonder the car handled funny. That default setup is over a second slower and drove very differently than the setup I was using (courtesy of Carsten).

Of course when it rains it pours. As I was reacquainting with the good setup and getting better lap time, Jim started to tell me to pit. Didn't I just pit? I looked at the AcruFuel, it showed -5L. Could it be CrewChief has a bug:confused: I motored on disregarding Jim's chant about pit lane will close. And then I was disqualified for not adding at least 1 liter of fuel:mad:.

Oh well, I have Jarama now looking forward to. What looks like another great track san chicane. Will not exit game between practice, quali, and race this time!

Thanks as always to Brain for put together the races and especially finding all those nice circuits!

BTW, is there a way to reconfigure the pit strategy while in the race without doing ESC-back to pit?

Last edited:
If you have up/down arrows on your wheel then they raises the pit configuration menu in race. You can then use the up/ down/left/right arrows to modify fuel and tyres.

Very useful if you need to add extra fuel or do a tyre change.

I normally config strategy one with just fuel and strategy two with fuel and tyres as its a bit fiddly setting up tyre temp in race.

Last edited:
Finally I got over the disappointment to come back to this thread. I would have though this was my best prepared race, yet it was all screwed up before the race even started (unbeknown to me of course).

I had a good start, saw a big gap in front of Brian, hesitated but decided to take it any way, this is racing right? Hope didn't cause any heartache for you Brian. Into turn one, hmm, this car was not handling right. The problem became more apparent in the ensuing turns. I had to adjust my driving drastically.

On second lap, just when I started to get a handle of the car and made a good turn in into turn 5, I saw a flash of green showing up at the apex. And I hit Brian:redface:. Sorry Brian! Good thing I didn't cause any more damage then just helping you stay close to the apex:cool:.

Then into turn 14, Tom made a nice dive inside to pass me, but I was able to drive my normal line and caught up to him onto the main straight. Emboldened by my move at the start, I decided to not back off and kept gas planted. I got slightly ahead of Tom before turning into turn 1. To be safe, I braked early to make sure I hit apex tight and didn't drift out. Just before the apex, I saw Tom going for it too, we touched and spun together.

After that, just trying to adjust my driving to make the best lap time I could. Then it was time to pit. Pulling into the pit nothing happened. Hmm, did I overshoot the pit? Quick, back up and do it again. Still nothing happened. Then it dawned on me. I had not loaded my setup!!! After quali, I exit the game (for stupid reason), then forgot to reload my setup. No wonder the car handled funny. That default setup is over a second slower and drove very differently than the setup I was using (courtesy of Carsten).

Of course when it rains it pours. As I was reacquainting with the good setup and getting better lap time, Jim started to tell me to pit. Didn't I just pit? I looked at the AcruFuel, it showed -5L. Could it be CrewChief has a bug:confused: I motored on disregarding Jim's chant about pit lane will close. And then I was disqualified for not adding at least 1 liter of fuel:mad:.

Oh well, I have Jarama now looking forward to. What looks like another great track san chicane. Will not exit game between practice, quali, and race this time!

Thanks as always to Brain for put together the races and especially finding all those nice circuits!

BTW, is there a way to reconfigure the pit strategy while in the race without doing ESC-back to pit?
Hey Dai;
Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations at Road America. I was wondering what happened to you…. I was looking forward to catching back up to you after my early race run off. To be honest, I think we’ve all had races like that. In fact sounds very familiar to one of my first online races right on the same track where I overshot my pit spot and couldn’t figure out how to initiate the pit process. Lost so much time waiting for something to happen it wasn’t even funny.
It was that race in fact that motivated me to try to step up my game and take more care to avoid mistakes. I’ve discovered that minimizing mistakes is just as, if not more important than putting in fast lap times. Chalk it up to a learning experience.
I bet you won’t forget to load up your setup again!
Keep on rolling!

If you have a up/down arrow on your wheel then that raises the pit configuration menu in race. You can then use the up/ down/left/right arrows to modify fuel and tyres.

I normally config strategy one with just fuel and strategy two with fuel and tyres as its a bit fiddly setting up tyre temp in race.
That’s true. You can also adjust your pit stop settings on the fly once the pit settings window comes up as you enter pit lane.

Last edited:
If you have a up/down arrow on your wheel then that raises the pit configuration menu in race. You can then use the up/ down/left/right arrows to modify fuel and tyres.

I run the Fanatec universal hub with it’s ‘funky’ rotary switch. It allows me to enter the pitstop menus on the fly and alter any of the values. In normal operation I use the same rotary switch to adjust brake balance and like Colin I set up different pit stop strategies. Very handy!
It works really well once you get the hang of it, but i’m not brave enough to do a ‘Schumacher’ and adjust brake balance for individual corners, I only adjust the balance when I feel the fuel load reduction is affecting the overall braking.:thumbsup:

I run the Fanatec universal hub with it’s ‘funky’ rotary switch. It allows me to enter the pitstop menus on the fly and alter any of the values. In normal operation I use the same rotary switch to adjust brake balance and like Colin I set up different pit stop strategies. Very handy!
It works really well once you get the hang of it, but i’m not brave enough to do a ‘Schumacher’ and adjust brake balance for individual corners, I only adjust the balance when I feel the fuel load reduction is affecting the overall braking.:thumbsup:
Thanks Colin, Dominic and Paul for the tip on accessing and adjusting the pit strategy on the flight. I will have to figure that out. I do have those up/down left/rights arrows on my steering wheel. I actually configure the up/down for brake bias, but I am far away from doing brake bias in the race. Although I can tell when the car's handling characteristics are changing, I can't ping point what is contributing to the change. Will be a while to get there. So I might as well remap them for pit strategy, a much more practical use for me now.

Thanks again!

Latest News

Back