AC PREMIERE BATTENBERGRING, Tue 2nd August 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It is a string of corners with this car that you can easily gain half a second per corner if you get the line just right. The problem is there is no margin for error if you are only slightly off line. Then there is the set up, under steer and oversteer is all available at the same corner. I tried Reik major's setup and it is quicker than my mess up but it is not very friendly if you get it wrong. I think my aim is to try to stay on the track tomorrow with a car that turns with prediction while being slower by quite a margin. Gotta say i am really looking forward to the race tomorrow and i am putting far more time into my prep than i usually do. We all know what happens when you do that, your race turns to **** on the first lap and it then means nothing ha ha :laugh: :laugh:

I won't be joining you for this awesome combo, I have my own Tuesday race to run, but just wanted to say, it's great that we have so many folks racing at this time of year in the various Sims. I have 15 signups for the AMS2 race and you guys have - checks list - about 100 so far! Fantastic. Old cars rule!

Last edited:
I'm so far off the pace, I can't figure out why. I'm using Reiks setup which helped me to gain 4s but I'm still 4s slower than anyone else I've seen on the practice server. I guess this car and my driving style don't match :( .

Maybe next week again Battenbergring with the Honda S800. Love the track!

Last edited:
Ill be right there with you Han!

Even with this car somewhat matching my driving style (I like to slide as you've seen in the Liger f1 championship :laugh: ) lots of people's "off pace" is still seconds faster than my PB

As others have said though, easy to find where you're losing the time. Hard to link that all together for the whole race.

I'll be going with the tortoise approach tomorrow and see if I can nab some spots just by staying on track :D

Last edited:
I just realized I'm an idiot.

Earlier I tested Reiks setup, and I started to wonder why the 108% limiter causes so little engine damage during 2,5 laps - there was hardly any damage or none at all. Of course I knew that we use 10% damage, but it hadn't crossed my mind that apparently it applies to any damage.

Has anyone tried a 45 min stint with 108% limiter?

I just realized I'm an idiot.

Earlier I tested Reiks setup, and I started to wonder why the 108% limiter causes so little engine damage during 2,5 laps - there was hardly any damage or none at all. Of course I knew that we use 10% damage, but it hadn't crossed my mind that apparently it applies to any damage.

Has anyone tried a 45 min stint with 108% limiter?
Have been on 108% so far with no signs of power going Mika, but tried 100% this eve and made no difference, in fact the delta was showing 1sec faster on my last lap before I binned it near the end, so I don't figure the point of going over.

Going off the engine spec I've been changing up at a touch over 9k revs, which is under the max and seems to work the torque band better. I think:unsure:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-01 212818.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-01 212818.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Have been on 108% so far with no signs of power going Mika, but tried 100% this eve and made no difference, in fact the delta was showing 1sec faster on my last lap before I binned it near the end, so I don't figure the point of going over.

Going off the engine spec I've been changing up at a touch over 9k revs, which is under the max and seems to work the torque band better. I think:unsure:
That would certainly explain why it doesn't seem to help much, and I feel that at 101% the car somehow seems easier to drive - and just as fast.

Well, I didn't make it tonight and this information is now too late for you John, but... here's my interpretation of that curve:
Firstly it looks like it's from CM, which I think should mean it was directly calculated from the info in the car's data.acd file (much more reliable than the flaky data in the stock JSON file), but I'm not a CM user so it could be that this calculation isn't automatic.
Secondly, I would personally take the car all the way to the end of that curve in every gear (not that I've actually managed to try the car recently to see the gearing), because the power drop is so small.

I reckon the simplest recipe for up-shift points would be: disregard the torque curve, and change gear as soon as the power in the current gear is less than the power in the next gear up.
This will always mean up-shifting after the power peak; depending on the shape of the curve and the gear ratios it could be a little after the peak or a long way. A power curve that drops slowly may be a good bet for going way past the peak (some turbos do this). A lot of power curves drop like a stone, so you won't want to go too far past those peaks.
Sidekick is capable of learning your gear ratios and then using the power curve to tell you when to shift but it relies on the JSON power curve being correct. (I believe that CM can not only display the correct curve but rebuild the JSON files so Sidekick can get it right :))

Latest News

Back