AC PREMIERE BATTENBERGRING, Tue 2nd August 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey Han, you could just make this car the default drive for your Fat Alfie championship coming up. I don't think many would object. It is a great combo
Had a blast in the Lotus 49 once I got my wheel working again. That is one fast car on this track. Probably a bit too quick - which is what makes the 25 such a nice car as it's not bonkers fast.

This whole event was tough due to this combo!

In qualify I only managed to set the first safe lap. All other attempts went wrong, so it was P2 behind a very fast Laurent (@cerebralvortex).

I was warned from Laurents good pace in practice and qualy. We both started well but Laurent didn't find his pace through the first corners, so I could pass him on the very first straight.

Now the pressure was on to get into a rhythm and make no mistakes. It worked well, even though Laurent chased me closely always with a small gap within 1 - 3 seconds.

We lapped the track constantly at 4:40 - 4:42 and I was wondering if Laurent could go faster. And in the last two laps he really came closer, so I was forced to push harder. That was a thrill!

I assume Laurent stayed behind me to wait for a mistake by me before pushing harder in the end. But I don't know really...

Finally I managed to keep it on the road and stay in the lead until the end. One of the harder 45 minutes I had in sim racing so far, so thank you for that Han!

Thanks Han for a fantastic event! Such an adictive combo and must admit i did quite a few laps last night for practice.

Had a very high ping in practice today but seems to dissappear after a second router reset. For the race i started from the back with a main objective to not ruin anyones race and to stay on the track. Thus for the first half i kept a safe distance, but so much fun chasing in these cars. Great driving gents!

Will try my best to join next week:thumbsup:

Thanks for organising tonight's race @HF2000 Han, what a corker:thumbsup:

Huge congrats to @Reik Major and @cerebralvortex Laurent for the top steps, fantastic driving and lap times from you both:confused::)

First few laps, and then late in the race @H_Belane and I had a good race, and thanks too for being such a gent - very fair racing:)

Goal was to finish, so fairly chuffed with, err, finishing:roflmao: ...usually a lot slower in the race than Q or hot laps but managed to beat my PB when I was in the groove, which was 5 laps:D

So enjoyed that - totally knackered, but wow, great event:inlove:

A steady start from the back and was all going nicely until with no warning my car decided to swap ends going through the village. Quickly got going but my tyres must have been overheated and I lost it again, collecting Knut as I spun across the track :( Thought it best to retire to the pits after that as I'd lost all concentration.

Great combo for a one off race but I don't think I could wrestle the Lotus around for a whole season..... even the Group Cs are easier to drive on these tracks.

I'd say congrats for giving it your best shot Mika :thumbsup: it's when we push ourselves to do the tough ones that we learn faster. Keep throwing yourself in at the deep end, the only way is up :)
The thing is it wasn't my best shot, not even close - I just wasn't prepared the way I should have been. I thought I was, but the quali session showed me I was way more off the pace than I thought. Trying to drive safely and then collecting places from others' accidents didn't really work out either, since the cars are pretty much indestructable in these races.
This just isn't for me, and doesn't suit the way I race at all.

When I was slower, I virtually never came off, as I have got quicker ( by my standards ):(:( I now have my fair share of offs.
My point, you will almost certainly as a mid fielder be hit by some one, and don’t for a moment think 100% damage is going to eliminate that.

Ps
( AC is particularly bad for a tap being a big off, it is one of its few negatives )

I was quite often hit, virtually never completely getting away with zero incidents, I am talking about two or three times in a race that is 5 to 10seconds for every incident.
Now I have got a bit more smarter and usually I am the one knocking me or some other poor soul off the circuit.:(
We as a group really like new comers and have the pleasure of seeing them learn and improve in all aspects of this racing game, some disappearing to higher and better things, most here for years.

We really do not want to see you throw the towel in. So much to learn, so many willing to help.
The end

When I was slower, I virtually never came off, as I have got quicker ( by my standards ):(:( I now have my fair share of offs.
My point, you will almost certainly as a mid fielder be hit by some one, and don’t for a moment think 100% damage is going to eliminate that.

Ps
( AC is particularly bad for a tap being a big off, it is one of its few negatives )

I was quite often hit, virtually never completely getting away with zero incidents, I am talking about two or three times in a race that is 5 to 10seconds for every incident.
Now I have got a bit more smarter and usually I am the one knocking me or some other poor soul off the circuit.:(
We as a group really like new comers and have the pleasure of seeing them learn and improve in all aspects of this racing game, some disappearing to higher and better things, most here for years.

We really do not want to see you throw the towel in. So much to learn, so many willing to help.
The end
I don't really think I'm a newcomer, except of course in this group.
I started on SRS two years ago, then got fed up with their discipline system which takes 3 points off for every hit, regardless of who was at fault. After that I've been racing on THR since May 2021, and I've rarely had any problems with them using 75% damage. I prefer that you actually have to protect your car.
After 160 races on THR and 6,5 championship series I probably would have noticed if it doesn't suit me.

I'm not saying that using 10% damage is wrong in any way, and in Abarth/MX5 races I have no problem with it at all. Those cars are so easy that damage is not really an issue anyway.

And I'm not throwing the towel in, I'll still race on RD too - if the race suits me and I know how my pace is.

Last edited:
The thing is it wasn't my best shot, not even close - I just wasn't prepared the way I should have been. I thought I was, but the quali session showed me I was way more off the pace than I thought. Trying to drive safely and then collecting places from others' accidents didn't really work out either, since the cars are pretty much indestructable in these races.
This just isn't for me, and doesn't suit the way I race at all.
Sorry to hear that. I hope you will try the Honda or maybe the Alfa Spider next week.

EDIT: Just read that you're having vacation then. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Latest News

Back