AC PREMIERE BATTENBERGRING, Tue 2nd August 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
will it last the race with 108 engine limiter ???

As Steve said:)

never managed more than two laps:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I've been using 101% engine limiter, started taking damage at 102 when shifting. But - I just noticed that I've forgot to switch autoclutch back on.. :O_o::roflmao: I'll try later with that.
I don't have a shifter so I use paddles and no clutch.

That one laptime though... holy cow. I'm getting better, but still 11 seconds off pace.. :whistling:

Last edited:
Here's my best setup if you like to give it a try. It feels somehow balanced to me but nevertheless each corner is a risk.

About understeer: I think we can't do trail braking with this car (brake deep into a corner even when turning), as we're used to from modern race cars, because the these slim tyres don't offer enough grip for braking and turning. So I think the car will understeer as long as it matches the speed, when grip at the front is enough for driving into the direction they're pointing. I mean this goes for any car but we're not used to have so less grip at all.

So my approach with this car is to hit the right cornering speed already when starting to turn and then support turning of the car with the throttle. It feels very rewarding, when the car has settled early, you notice you're on a good line and then early start pushing it through and out of the corner.

But wait! It works well for 5, 10, 20 and more corners, maybe one or two perfect laps just to loose it all, when a tiny little thing goes wrong. So pace isn't everything for the race but being in controll and cool enough not to over do it for one single moment. Good luck to everyone. :whistling: ;)

Attachments

• R-T300-ab-qualy.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 52
It would be nice if there was at least some place where you can check the times, even if we keep them off these threads. Checking them at the end of every practice session is not really a solution.
I don't know about others, but I always consider not participating if I have no idea whether I'm off the pace or not and how much.

I do understand the reasoning behind the decision, but I still don't really like it.

Last edited:
I really convinced myself this is going to be a race where the Aliens will be gone, but this race for most of us will be a race of attrition, stay on the track for , I think it is 10 laps, that may even put you into alien territory, maybe not the whole race, but some of it.
And you never know with aliens fighting in a car that is always never where you think it is going to be, an off for them is very likely when two are side by side.

PS I know where you are in time, good enough if you follow the above.

Last edited:
It would be nice if there was at least some place where you can check the times, even if we keep them off these threads. Checking them at the end of every practice session is not really a solution.
I don't know about others, but I always consider not participating if I have no idea whether I'm off the pace or not and how much.

I do understand the reasoning behind the decision, but I still don't like it.
Hi Mika, you saw my lap time (about 4 seconds slower). With this car I will probably be a lower midfielder/high backmarker. The car does not suit my driving style at all.

The best time I saw was about 10 seconds faster than you. But this is a long track, so the difference in lap times is proportionally greater.

Track knowledge is everything, I think. My best time is about 2 seconds slower than the best time I have seen mentioned here, but with just over 17,000km driven on this track, I can lap consistently without crashing (against the AI, at least).

I know it's a bit late for anyone else to put in 1000 laps of practice ( :laugh: ) , but I just wanted to say that natural driver speed (I am not a fast driver at all) is not always crucial :)

Hi Mika, you saw my lap time (about 4 seconds slower). With this car I will probably be a lower midfielder/high backmarker. The car does not suit my driving style at all.

The best time I saw was about 10 seconds faster than you. But this is a long track, so the difference in lap times is proportionally greater.
Yeah, I think I have a decent idea of the times others have done, because I've been joining the practice server just to check the times. And I can keep doing that, it's no big deal. :thumbsup:
I think I'll probably be on the slower side in the race, I just want to survive and I still have problems with braking into the hairpin bends. Sometimes the car stays nicely balanced, and sometimes it suddenly wants to kiss the fence. Fortunately there's still plenty of time to play with brake power & balance.

Had a crack at a few AI races around her and it's quite hard to stay out of trouble as the AI drivers bin it quite often and end up taking you off. I'm probably 15 secs quicker than them (on highest skill level) so there is always someone to chase and is good practice at keeping concentration.

Still going to be a race of attrition so if you can stay on the track for 45 mins then you should finish quite high up.

Latest News

Back