AC PREMIERE BATTENBERGRING, Tue 2nd August 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yes please. I'd like to try your setup.
IMPORTANT: Forget this setup, it's actually worse than the default setup.

Ok, I hope this helps, I'm certainly not a setup expert or anything:

Please note that I usually move the brake balance quite a bit to the front, probably too much for most.

EDIT: the asterisk part is acstuff dot ru

Last edited:
Well our resident alien is blistering quick here, made me scratch my bald bonce in despair, I cannot for the life of me see me getting anywhere near that time.
I spend half the circuit just hanging on for grim death, let alone trying to find any time.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Can all the old farts be in a 1980 f1 car,

just asking.

CBBEC3CE-B3D6-490B-AFEC-563A11DF25D0.jpeg

I'm starting to believe that participating in this was a mistake :notworthy:
I thought my experience with the GPL mod would help at least a bit, but now as soon as I try to pick up the pace the understeer kills me, and if not that then I make some really stupid mistake. I did get the car more balanced than with the setup I shared, but I can't get a finished lap at all anymore... :(

Still, this is a fun combo - but frustrating.

Last edited:
I've only modified the tyre pressure and changed the gear ratios and the car handles fine for me. (yes it understeers but I can manage that) I'd get used to the circuit first before changing setup much. There is a lot of time to be made up by good lines (you could always switch on recommended racing line) and being in the correct gear. Once you're consistent, then I'd worry about setup -that's assuming I'd know what to change (which I don't)!

I was 12 sec off an Alien time earlier and now I'm about 7 sec - so a bit of practice has knocked off 5 secs.

Last edited:
I started with the setup I've used in my previous three races with this car, and only just now made some small changes which helped to get the car much more balanced. The problem is the one sitting behind the wheel...

Usually on this type of track I'd be happy with the pace I have now, but since we'll have damage on 10% instead of the 75% that I'm used to, I can't count on the errors of other drivers - I need to find more pace.
Probably on some session something just "clicks", that's what usually happens. I just hope it happens before Tuesday :laugh:

I've only modified the tyre pressure and changed the gear ratios and the car handles fine for me. (yes it understeers but I can manage that) I'd get used to the circuit first before changing setup much. There is a lot of time to be made up by good lines (you could always switch off recommended racing line) and being in the correct gear. Once you're consistent, then I'd worry about setup -that's assuming I'd know what to change (which I don't)!

I was 12 sec off an Alien time earlier and now I'm about 7 sec - so a bit of practice has knocked off 5 secs.
Thanks for an idea! I decided to try out the default setup, with just the tyre pressure and gear ratio changes, and I knocked off 3.5 secs on my first try...
Needless to say, I learned something today - never trust your old setups... :O_o:

I'm not joining because I think I can win :laugh:
Yeah, I'm also out because I think I can win :O_o:
OK, so I think there might be a "non-native English speaker" misunderstanding here.
When a native English speaker says "I'm not doing X because Y" they often mean "Y is not the reason that I'm doing X" rather than "I'm not doing X, and the reason I'm not doing it is Y". Hope that made some kind of sense :unsure: :)

Back on topic: I've not plugged in my wheel for months now but this has me tempted. May dust it off and have a go...

OK, so I think there might be a "non-native English speaker" misunderstanding here.
When a native English speaker says "I'm not doing X because Y" they often mean "Y is not the reason that I'm doing X" rather than "I'm not doing X, and the reason I'm not doing it is Y". Hope that made some kind of sense :unsure: :)

Back on topic: I've not plugged in my wheel for months now but this has me tempted. May dust it off and have a go...
Great Neil!
I'll put you on the list and send you the password for Tuesday.

Have no idea what alien times are for this event (do ppl watch the server every hour?!:ninja: ), just trying to work with something that'll get me to the end with fewest spills :unsure:

I (kind of) jokingly mentioned the Lotus 49 and Porsche ST for here, they may be faster, but a 1000 times easier:roflmao:
There was an alien on while I was practicing.

I'm starting to believe that participating in this was a mistake :notworthy:
I thought my experience with the GPL mod would help at least a bit, but now as soon as I try to pick up the pace the understeer kills me, and if not that then I make some really stupid mistake. I did get the car more balanced than with the setup I shared, but I can't get a finished lap at all anymore... :(

Still, this is a fun combo - but frustrating.
Mika, as you have discovered this version drives nothing like the GPL mod we are used to which is why i said straight off the bat this is a tuff car to master. Anyway, am fully on board now and the art is in trying to make it miss lamp posts for 45 mins Without 10% damage we would all be in the pits together :roflmao:

Problems, because I have to go as fast as I can.:(

My incompetence with this car, many laps, not many, if any, whole no hitting anything laps.

You have to plan the apexes well in advance, if you miss one the next three get worse and worse, you just cannot get out of the situation.

You become convinced no one is driving this car, you certainly aren’t.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

There is no changing your mind In this car, without loosing shed loads of time, assuming you even can.

I, this is personal to me? my mind starts to wander and I completely forget about the blocked U turns, now I have a 100meters to stop the unstoppable.:O_o:

A moments loss of concentration, the car has flipped sideways under power.

Side by side racing is almost certainly going to end in disaster.

The setup options are mostly ineffective, making not much difference.
You certainly cannot make it easy to drive. You get what you get.

But it is going to be the same for all of us.:)

God bless all who sail in her.

PS
An amazing bit of work, pure artistic genius from our very lucky, to have, fat Alfie track.
It has to be the best track I have raced so far.
I think John summed it up perfectly, not sure this car works that well with this circuit. Thruxton,, old Silverstone, yes
But we are all in it together, may prove to be a great race here with this car.:)

Very depressing thinking i am on the pace to just find out i am nearly 12 seconds off the pace :( Anyway, how strong is this motor with it turned up on the limiter? anyone throw any light on this for me?
Well you were 6 seconds faster than me and I don't know how you've done that? I feel I maybe can scrape of another 3 seconds off but that's it.
This looks like a combo where man and mice will be clearly divided!
I'm going to eat some cheese now (squeak, squeak)!

Last edited:

Latest News

Back