AC PREMIERE BATTENBERGRING, Tue 2nd August 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Woow, that was amazing!

I was doing 1'43's the evening before the race while practicing, but there were so many mistakes in these, I was just unable to get a good lap in. I had no real idea of what my pace was. Come race day I had much more focus and the lap time dropped quite fast. I was in the 1'39's on my delta on occasion.

Qualified on pole, while Reik didn't manage to get a quick lap in. Unfortunately I took it a bit too easy on the first few corners and Reik got in front.. That's my fault, I should have raced him harder from the line. From there on the gap was about 1-3 seconds for the whole race. He asked if I could have gone faster in his post, well yes, but I liked to be in the chasing position nevertheless and was waiting for a mistake, which didn't happen. Apart from small ones, I hit the hay bale slightly in the first chicane on two occasions and I saw Reik hit another one at a time but that was no big time loss. I decided to push a bit more in the last laps and that surely put the pressure on him but he picked up the pace as well. So yeah, finished right behind him, less than a second on the line. Well done Reik, totally deserved. Ow, and thank you for the setup you shared, it made the car alive for me and totally fit my driving style :)

Glad I finally learned the track properly, such a great flow of corners, a favourite of mine among the Fat-Alfie tracks for sure! Thanks for having these vintage races on Han!

Here is the last lap from my point of view.

@Mikke73

Fair point, got the wrong end of the stick, nothing new there. I apologise.

0B53E479-0AD9-4CB0-8002-67B5480A1B4C.jpeg

Yes like the advice I got from Enzo: more throttle, less braking!
You can't deny that it will make you go faster (in a straight line anyway) :p

For this track knowing the lines is very important and getting on the throttle early (especially with vintage cars as the time loss is huge if you don't). I'm guessing you are going in the corners too hot and that causes you to have a bad mid-corner and exit. Also try to keep the revs up to maximize traction. I'm guessing you should be able to do a 4'45 with just driving the right lines and trying to get a good exit. Other thing with this car is that you have to be comfortable with it getting a bit sideways.

You can't deny that it will make you go faster (in a straight line anyway) :p

For this track knowing the lines is very important and getting on the throttle early (especially with vintage cars as the time loss is huge if you don't). I'm guessing you are going in the corners too hot and that causes you to have a bad mid-corner and exit. Also try to keep the revs up to maximize traction. I'm guessing you should be able to do a 4'45 with just driving the right lines and trying to get a good exit. Other thing with this car is that you have to be comfortable with it getting a bit sideways.
I think that us slower drivers tend to over drive these old cars. I try to do the slow in fast out thing but always feel i am wasting time. Then when i slow right up before a bend enter the corner and drive out it is always a faster line. It is trying to discipline myself to slow more than i want to that i must work on

Thanks Mika! I will install it and give it a try. Afterwards I will decide on the Honda of the Spider.
Really a nice car! Thanks for that.
But too slow for this track I think. A lot is flat out and the engine isn't powerful enough for the elevations in this track. So I'll go for the Honda next week.

Woow, that was amazing!

I was doing 1'43's the evening before the race while practicing, but there were so many mistakes in these, I was just unable to get a good lap in. I had no real idea of what my pace was. Come race day I had much more focus and the lap time dropped quite fast. I was in the 1'39's on my delta on occasion.

Qualified on pole, while Reik didn't manage to get a quick lap in. Unfortunately I took it a bit too easy on the first few corners and Reik got in front.. That's my fault, I should have raced him harder from the line. From there on the gap was about 1-3 seconds for the whole race. He asked if I could have gone faster in his post, well yes, but I liked to be in the chasing position nevertheless and was waiting for a mistake, which didn't happen. Apart from small ones, I hit the hay bale slightly in the first chicane on two occasions and I saw Reik hit another one at a time but that was no big time loss. I decided to push a bit more in the last laps and that surely put the pressure on him but he picked up the pace as well. So yeah, finished right behind him, less than a second on the line. Well done Reik, totally deserved. Ow, and thank you for the setup you shared, it made the car alive for me and totally fit my driving style :)

Glad I finally learned the track properly, such a great flow of corners, a favourite of mine among the Fat-Alfie tracks for sure! Thanks for having these vintage races on Han!

Here is the last lap from my point of view.

Glad my setup was helpful. To me it caused the right amount of oversteer, when going full throttle early. It felt great, to push the car in very fast to flat out corners.
And thank you for featuring me in your video.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back