Maximal Graphic Preset

Maximal Graphic Preset 3.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
I noticed (In 2.6 Raytracing), that you use DX11.

The game ran pretty poorly with noticeable frame drops and freezes with this mod - despite having a R7 7800X3D + RTX 4090.

I removed the mod and tested DX11 vs DX12 and the latter performs noticeably better, where DX11 has poorer frame rates. Was DX11 intentional?

I think some comparison pictures on the overview for users to choose between RT and no RT would be helpful as well, if the difference is quite small, people may opt for the performance gain.

I noticed (In 2.6 Raytracing), that you use DX11.

The game ran pretty poorly with noticeable frame drops and freezes with this mod - despite having a R7 7800X3D + RTX 4090.

I removed the mod and tested DX11 vs DX12 and the latter performs noticeably better, where DX11 has poorer frame rates. Was DX11 intentional?

I think some comparison pictures on the overview for users to choose between RT and no RT would be helpful as well, if the difference is quite small, people may opt for the performance gain.
DX11 is used for two reasons. The first reason is that many people experience low FPS in menus where drivers, car parts, and so on are managed, due to a lack of graphical optimization from Frontier. Switching from DX12 to DX11 resolves this issue for many users. The second reason is that ray tracing is not integrated into Unreal Engine itself, which means ray tracing is not possible with DX12. Instead, it would attempt to use dedicated ray tracing cores, which unfortunately is not feasible. Ray tracing in conjunction with other settings is merely intended to minimize strong ghosting as much as possible. As explained in previous patches, true ray tracing is not possible because currently, ray tracing commands are handled exclusively by the regular cores. In layman's terms, the graphics card tries its best but simply can't handle much.

If ghosting does not bother you and you have stable/high FPS in the menus with DX12, there is nothing wrong with using DX12 without ray tracing. However, this setup causes issues for most users and remains problematic even without my mod. Regarding the frame rate drops, they are simply due to the initial two camera settings, with the first causing more severe drops than the second. The camera settings change every two seconds, and the game constantly has to reload the environment. If you use one of the fixed camera settings, such as cockpit or rear view, you will find that there are far fewer drops. Lastly, the mod is indeed intended for high-end computers and is advertised as such.

So to be clear, you can't turn "Upscaling" off, you have to choose FSR, DLSS, or TSR. You need to turn "Upscaling quality" off. So choose DLSS as "Upscaling" and set "Upscaling quality" to off.

Jesus, sometimes I really hate this game. After I had reduced the ghosting so much that I could honestly say it couldn’t get any better, I kept working on it. Then I suddenly discovered, to my dismay, that the ghosting had somehow gotten much worse again. After another 10 hours of frustration, tweaking, changing, and deleting 100 lines of code, I finally realized that DLSS had been turned on (for some reason). I was about to deliver that as the next patch!
2591280_9.jpg

I messed up a bit, i forgot to set the path for the extracted folder. And now after installing it the error message occurs. But when i try to start the program again, it moves directly to the installation instead of the setup screen for the paths.

I messed up a bit, i forgot to set the path for the extracted folder. And now after installing it the error message occurs. But when i try to start the program again, it moves directly to the installation instead of the setup screen for the paths.
That's not a problem. Just uninstall it like any other Windows program, then you can reinstall it.

Cafiso updated Maximal Graphic Preset with a new update entry:

Even less ghosting, more FPS, DX12 install Option, better Setup.exe and more

Patch Notes:

• Even less ghosting than before. (I believe I've reached the maximum possible reduction here.)
  • Raytracing and Non-Raytracing versions are now on the same technical level.
  • Increased FPS through various adjustments and optimizations.
  • Reduced washed-out ground textures outside the camera focus (there will still be some depending on camera settings, just to save resources).
  • Shadows now less frequently exhibit fine crosshatching patterns.
  • DX12...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If i try to open the 3.1 executable i get this error. Which means of course i cant open the installer (As windows quarantined it on its own) For now i will just manually install it just thought id bring this to your attention.
1722935514114.png

Attachments

• 1722935453237.png
    1722935453237.png
    8 KB · Views: 8
If i try to open the 3.1 executable i get this error. Which means of course i cant open the installer (As windows quarantined it on its own) For now i will just manually install it just thought id bring this to your attention.
View attachment 774387

From my side I can say that it is neither a virus nor malware or anything else. I have written the code completely. This is probably the reason for the problems as the code is simply not written professionally enough and therefore looks suspicious.
Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to fix the whole thing.
But of course I can understand if you don't want to take any risks.
Alternatively, you can of course use the original method to install the mod.
I'm sorry :(

Virus check
As you can see here just 4 of 75 Virus programms cause a Alert.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back