Maximal Graphic Preset

Maximal Graphic Preset 3.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
You mean putting on the RTX + dx12 back on but changing in game to borderless? (idk if that works)
But if u mean putting the borderless non DX12 version on i did that and its all okay now. So it seems to be a problem with the DX12 one. That was at austria during full wet quali if that helps. I can try it again for a dry weekend at silverstone, if it works now then that should help.
No, just install the RTX + dx12 Fullscreen Version, go to the GameUserSettings.ini and look for line FullscreenMode=0 and change it to 1 save the file and try again

Did you Guys @dan883007 and @Sebeinkro tried the workaround i worte in the Patchnotes?

If you encounter issues when starting the game, you can try adding the following to your Steam launch options: -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -dx12 -raytracing

And another stupid developer Question, have you downloaded the latest Driver Update?
My drivers are up to date :), i can try the workaround later! (Cant play for the moment)

Thought i will add the problem is not under startup but in the game. Again idk why it just randomly crashes. Almsot like it ran(Critically) out of RAM/VRAM and just had to close, not that i know though.

Last edited:
My drivers are up to date :), i can try the workaround later! (Cant play for the moment)

Thought i will add the problem is not under startup but in the game. Again idk why it just randomly crashes. Almsot like it ran(Critically) out of RAM/VRAM and just had to close, not that i know though.

Running out of vram is really possible. I checked youre card. And you have "only" 8 GB VRam i have 11. But its a good hint. I will try lower the vram consum.

And rain for sure needs the highest vram usage.

What you could try is enable Dlss ingame this should lower the usage. Just to Check it. I mean it looks Not great but this is a way to check this.

Last edited:
Running out of vram is really possible. I checked youre card. And you have "only" 8 GB VRam i have 11. But its a good hint. I will try lower the vram consum.

What you could try is enable Dlss ingame this should lower the usage. Just to Check it. I mean it looks Not great but this is a way to check this.
Yea the 3070 really should have 10, but yea Nvidia tends to cheap out there. I dont have DLSS on (Or any upscaling), unless its still on even though it is set to "off". I have it set to DLSS then off. if it is vram its not just from rain too, it crashed in the go to session menu while i did nothing as well (Which suprised me).

Yea the 3070 really should have 10, but yea Nvidia tends to cheap out there. I dont have DLSS on (Or any upscaling), unless its still on even though it is set to "off". I have it set to DLSS then off. if it is vram its not just from rain too, it crashed in the go to session menu while i did nothing as well (Which suprised me).
Hmm okay. Damn... Actual i have no other idea... :( i have only my own Rig to test it. Maybe someone without Problems can make a Post here so it would be a Hardware Problem.

But many thx for youre help.

Last edited:
Alright, so I checked the game again, and the data shows it’s neither a VRAM nor a RAM issue. I’d also rule out the CPU because it’s hardly used in this game anyway.

At least on my PC, it never needs more than around 8 GB of VRAM and 13 GB of DDR RAM.

i have an rx 7800 with 16 gb and 32gb DDR RAM so i dont think vram or ram is the problem.. and it happens only in career mode ..i load the save and in about 10-15 seconds crash... if i start a replay form the main menu it works ok ..i have the game from epic store .. yesterday the game downloaded an update .maybe the patch or something have a bug

Last edited:
i have an rx 7800 with 16 gb and 32gb DDR RAM so i dont think vram or ram is the problem.. and it happens only in career mode ..i load the save and in about 10-15 seconds crash... if i start a replay form the main menu it works ok ..i have the game from epic store .. yesterday the game downloaded an update .maybe the patch or something have a bug
The advice was very helpful. However, fixing it will likely take some time and, unfortunately, I won’t be able to do it until after my vacation. It seems that too much virtual memory is being accessed in the menus, which, in my opinion, is causing the game to crash. Unfortunately, this is still due to the lack of optimization on Frontier’s part. I’ll need to review and adjust many lines of code, which will take time.

Alright, so I checked the game again, and the data shows it’s neither a VRAM nor a RAM issue. I’d also rule out the CPU because it’s hardly used in this game anyway.

At least on my PC, it never needs more than around 8 GB of VRAM and 13 GB of DDR RAM.
I can confirm the CPU thinng fullily enough I found out today that for the last few days i have SOMEHOW run my CPU with NO COOLER(Bracked for cooler failed and the AIO block fell onto my GPU, and no i did not see it until now thats my bad.). And performance wise (as i do mostly nothing, or gaming) its been fine. Well now i dont have a PC for a while to say the least :(
Idk what the issue could be but the meny memory thing is a good one, and sad to see this game being so poorly optimised by frontier. What u have done ALONE prooves how good they could have made it as a proper game dev studio...

Last edited:
Good evening.

1. I hope you enjoy your holiday

2. Really great work they do for us. The game is so much more fun than the original.

3 So my question:

What setting do you recommend to me?

Guten Abend.

1. Ich hoffe, du genießt deinen Urlaub

2. Wirklich großartige Arbeit, die sie für uns leisten. Das Spiel macht so viel mehr Spaß als das Original.

3 Also meine Frage:

Welche Einstellung empfehlen Sie mir?
PC:
Intel 9I-9000 3,1 GHz
RTX 3070 8 GB
32 GB

PC:
Intel 9I-9000 3,1 GHz
RTX 3070 8 GB
32 GB

Hey, Yeah enjoy my holiday. My mod dont offer different settings depending on your setup. So just pick what u use in other games. I prefer the dx12 Version without raytracing and the resolution you use. If you use more then 1 monitore use borderless

Hey, Yeah enjoy my holiday. My mod dont offer different settings depending on your setup. So just pick what u use in other games. I prefer the dx12 Version without raytracing and the resolution you use. If you use more then 1 monitore use borderless
ok I'll give it a try

What is raytracing ?? Sorry for the stupid question

I would like to know if there is a way to stop it from using so much ressources while in the menu. My GPU go at max temp when i go trough all post race/recruitement etc. menu but once in the race itself it run fine and temperatures go back to normal.
Under rain i need to use DLSS to prevent fps being killed (i run it on a 2070 OC)

Thanks for the amazing mod, really make the game look so much better.

Latest News

Back