AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 15th March 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Two options, 1/2 fuel, change tyres and fuel at pit stop 30 minutes.
One set of tyres , full tank of fuel , 1 litre of fuel at your own discretion, 10 minuets in to 50 minutes in race.
In pits Tyre pressures for R8 from another R8 driver, team speak., teamspeak for compound choice again from R8 driver, plus any advice needed, basically I think standard setup is good if I remember. Probably med whole race, softs 1/2 race distance.

edit ..
Late as usual:(

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 387850

Sorry guys but I'd problems joining the server and only got in as qualifying was starting. Unfortunately the car I'd signed up with was already taken, and after trying a lap in an unfamilar car realised it was pointless jumping into a 60min race with it. Stuff like this always seems to happen when I try to race AC, but it probably doesn't help when I haven't run it for so long!

@hape Grasshoff my apologies for the hit on the straight after T1. I jumped on the throttle carelessly, and lost control of the car and hit your passenger side door. Only 2 laps left at that point and I wanted to keep it clean, but I messed up the throttle trying to keep up with you.

After all the caution before the lights went out, there was still a dive bomber that created a pile up. 60 min race, T1 - dive bomb??? IDK bout that... But shortly after that, I took a ride on the curb and sent me straight into the wall. fell back to P21... Jumped back on track and gained a few spots back. After fighting down to P15 and hunting back P14, I attempted to fix my second pair of headphones (earbuds) back onto my ear on the straight as they fell out, but I had to lift my over-ear headphones.... that put me on the grass and spinning out. Damn ears too small for ear buds lol. Next time, I'll either race without em should they fall out, or fix it during pit stop.

Thanks everyone for such a great turn out contributing to a large grid. Great racing. Although, I think I may have got in the leaders way near the end. Apologies for that.

Thank you @Medilloni and @Chris Down (impressive lap times) for hosting and organizing. Congrats to Chris for the W, podium guys and to all that finished

Oh man, what a great race this was for me! Qually fifth. After first turn I found myself 11th caused by a spin just in front of me. After that some really nice battles especially with @GEO147 (who did everything to defend but in a decent way :thumbsup: ). Got him finally in La Rouge. I'm not sure if that was completely by the book :unsure: but I was desperate :barefoot: and I saw this many times when I attended the 24hours of Spa last year. After that I was fifth again and constantly talking to myself to keep focussed. My lap times were pretty consistent and in the end I finished 4th because @Stefan Weber made a mistake somewhere. This was definitely one of my best races with RaceDepartment.

A lot of fun and very pleased to finish for once in front of @Medilloni , @Kek700 and @GEO147 .
Thanks to all drivers and especially @Chris Down /USER] and [USER=538448]@Medilloni for organising :thumbsup:.

Looking forward to the Feldbergring tomorrow with the lovely Alfa :).

Last edited:
Well what a rubbish race for me,

just got home for the start of practice.
seat collapsed, forgot to do it up after some previous adjustments.
Had to readjust everything all hunched up over the wheel, took
all of qualifying to do that and more.
Accelerator pedal started to cut into my foot.
During pit stop had find a shoe for my right foot to stop it being cut anymore.
did not notice I had put no fuel for my pit stop until I was on the circuit.
You really get punished time wise for that.
could not get the GT-R to work for me, setup pants

Never given up on a race, came close with this one.:(

some good battles though......:)

Great combo @Chris Down and what a pleasure to race with a full grid :inlove:

Feeling so guilty about our accident @marek2209 , totally my fault, I had so much closing speed and completely misjudged the move:redface: I really hope it didn't ruin your race.

Congrats to the podium guys, fantastic lap times as always! Congrats also to @HF2000 for a great race, and @pattikins , absolutely stonking mate - how you come back from the 1st lap drama to the podium...yikes!:thumbsup:

Like Han, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's race at the Feldbergring with @Denis Betty , an amazing combo, pure fun:thumbsup:

but I had to lift my over-ear headphones.... that put me on the grass and spinning out.
So that's what happened :confused: I wondered a little hehe

Thanks to everyone! Went into qualy with zero practice in AC for months. Qualified P15, went up to P6 in the first lap just to get surprised by the not-acceleration of the guy that overtook me around the outside of Blanchimont.
Hit the rear and spun... Totally red tyres, crawled into the bus stop on P20, spun again anyway... Last position.
But I went back to P12 so I at least didn't have a lonely race and had some fun! :)

Oh man, what a great race this was for me! Qually fifth. After first turn I found myself 11th caused by a spun just in front of me. After that some really nice battles especially with @GEO147 (who did everything to defend but in a decent way :thumbsup: ). Got him finally in La Rouge. I'm not sure if that was completely by the book :unsure: but I was desperate :barefoot: and I saw this many times when I attended the 24hours of Spa last year. After that I was fifth again and constantly talking to myself to keep focussed. My lap times were pretty consistent and in the end I finished 4th because @Stefan Weber made a mistake somewhere. This was definitely one of my best races with RaceDepartment.

A lot of fun and very pleased to finish for once in front of @Medilloni , @Kek700 and @GEO147 .
Thanks to all drivers and especially @Chris Down /USER] and [USER=538448]@Medilloni for organising :thumbsup:.

Looking forward to the Feldbergring tomorrow with the lovely Alfa :).
You drove very well Han. I was going well but was tailgating someone shortly after you passed me and couldn't see the Apex on the fast left before the chicane and lifted going in. Straight into a spin. Tyres f***** and all went downhill from there.

Plus I had some very bad stuttering and cutouts of my Logitech headphones. Keyboard also going unresponsive. I've upgraded PC to Ryzen 3700x and it's a beast now but some teething problems with USB stuff.
Anyone any ideas? Have tried all the usual stuff like power management. Maybe it's the PBO settings I have?

You drove very well Han. I was going well but was tailgating someone shortly after you passed me and couldn't see the Apex on the fast left before the chicane and lifted going in. Straight into a spin. Tyres f***** and all went downhill from there.
Not going to cheer you up but I was thankful to have you around me for some battling/closing in/driving away :)
Without you I would've been in a massively big gap a few times during this race :inlove:

Great combo @Chris Down and what a pleasure to race with a full grid :inlove:

Feeling so guilty about our accident @marek2209 , totally my fault, I had so much closing speed and completely misjudged the move:redface: I really hope it didn't ruin your race.

Congrats to the podium guys, fantastic lap times as always! Congrats also to @HF2000 for a great race, and @pattikins , absolutely stonking mate - how you come back from the 1st lap drama to the podium...yikes!:thumbsup:

Like Han, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's race at the Feldbergring with @Denis Betty , an amazing combo, pure fun:thumbsup:

I only overtook one person after lap 3, everyone else either crashed, spun out or missed their turn in. I went with a conservative setup, so I think it was just consistency that got me third place. It was also the first race in a long while where I didn't experience any periods of sustained stuttering/lag :thumbsup: - cause for celebration in itself.:)

It's a damn shame that you had yet another disaster @ Spa. A few more & it should become part of RD folklore. :confused:

Plus I had some very bad stuttering and cutouts of my Logitech headphones. Keyboard also going unresponsive. I've upgraded PC to Ryzen 3700x and it's a beast now but some teething problems with USB stuff.
Anyone any ideas? Have tried all the usual stuff like power management. Maybe it's the PBO settings I have?

Oddly enough I had the same problem with my Logitech G933 headphones, MX518 & G502 mice, G13 keyboard & powered USB 3 hub. Coincidence?

I also found that my Ryzen system was having problems with the Oculus Rift (cv1). Just having the Oculus software running in the background (not used as a display) was enough to significantly increase the cpu workload in AC. I wasn't sure if the Oculus was to blame, so I bought the Samsung Odyssey + mixed reality headset (I can't get my mouse to work with it correctly...). I'm still getting some stuttering but it's not as severe as it was a couple of weeks ago.

I'm currently using Process Monitor (+ plus a tweak to my system clock to show the seconds) to try & identify the possible causes of the stuttering. For instance, if you use malwarebytes & google extensions it might be worth turning one or both off while you're racing.

Thanks for organizing Chris and John. With a grid packed like this, it was a great experience. Congrats to the podium as well :thumbsup:

T1 was a bit chaotic and I think that I have to take some credits for this. Was surrounded by cars, lost focus and give the car in front of me a little push. Don't know who it was but in any case I apologize for that.

Anyways, after everyone took their position it was a great race. Always someone in front or behind me, constantly dealing and receiving pressure :) Especially the fights with @Kek700 and @Medilloni. @Kek700 damn you were fast with the GT-R when it came down to power. Is the Nissan such a beast in that regard? Could not follow you in sector 3. But you weren't ablte to take Eau Rouge flat out or? There, I always could regain some time and close the gap a litte.

Also had a good time with @Medilloni at the second half of the race. You were closing in pretty quick as we approached (I guess?) @marek2209 . As he made a little error letting me pass but rejoined right in front of you :thumbsup: , I was thinking that has to be enough to keep you away from me. Unfortunately it was not. With every lap I went slower, struggling with my tires and seeing you coming closer and closer. Tried to put on a fight but you were just to good :thumbsup:

Latest News

Back