AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 15th March 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Medilloni @RasmusP

Cheers, thank you for that John, funny how things are dormant in the back of your mind.
Then someone says something and it just falls into place, your absolutely right from my perspective,
before I got the Eau Rouge virus, especially if there is no pressure I just do a slight lift.
Just gives that little bit of weight transfer to get the bite back onto the front tyres which already have
steering input applied.
This as you say creates a good line, I do not seem to loose much time. Never connected the two events.
Being under pressure to get as much speed as I can, either practicing for just Eau Rouge or in a race with someone pressurising me; Then just a normal mid race lap with no pressure. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Should be practicing for Watkins glen, much prefer testing Rasmus setup :-

Rasmus
Everything you said I agree with about the Audi, great setup but with the inherent cars problems you outlined, you just, or I cannot seem to dial out.

1) Your gearing really was pant's:roflmao::roflmao:
2) The car is transformed with softs, but with these track temp's, just wants to over heat them.
Soft's do not remove the problems they just reduce them dramatically,
3) The GT-r on this circuit need more steering angle input per corner, but as soon as there is a straight will always make a higher speed even taking into account the Audi extra mid corner speed.
3) I can with the GT-r do a whole 60 min race on softs if I want with just a splash and dash *; cannot imagine the Audi doing that. ( especially if I am isolated, not involved with many battles )*

Trying not to break in to a waffle dance, so leave it at that.:sleep:

@Kek700 @Medilloni What I get most annoyed with lifting is that I can't always do it in the same manner. I just can't lift always the same amount. I can do that with braking, but with lifting, I don't know. Maybe my line is not always the same through Eau Rouge - Raidillon, wich with braking generally is.

Regarding @RasmusP setup:
1) the gearing was off, true
2) I find it too "responsive" if I can say? :)) I would like just a little bit more understeer, or more time with the car. Beeing si responsive, I end up going on the curb, instead of going just around it, with the same ammount of steering lock. I don't know if it's due to personal preference or not enough time with the setup itself.

The gearing is dialed in for the Nordschleife and I had 5 minutes left of qualy when I plugged my wheel in :roflmao:

Too responsive? That's something interesting... I missed quite some apexes due to understeer.
On the brakes or when lifting it rotates a bit too much for my liking though..

So depending on your trailbraking style, you might have less understeer at the apex than me.

I wouldn't change much in the setup and just take more time with it. You could however raise the differential settings to counter it.
Higher coast is something I wanna try myself too to stop the over-rotating before the apex.
With higher accel. diff, you'll also get a less rotating car when going back on the throttle.

Maybe worth a try :)

Rasmus
Everything you said I agree with about the Audi, great setup but with the inherent cars problems you outlined, you just, or I cannot seem to dial out.

1) Your gearing really was pant's:roflmao::roflmao:
2) The car is transformed with softs, but with these track temp's, just wants to over heat them.
Soft's do not remove the problems they just reduce them dramatically,
3) The GT-r on this circuit need more steering angle input per corner, but as soon as there is a straight will always make a higher speed even taking into account the Audi extra mid corner speed.
3) I can with the GT-r do a whole 60 min race on softs if I want with just a splash and dash *; cannot imagine the Audi doing that. ( especially if I am isolated, not involved with many battles )*

Trying not to break in to a waffle dance, so leave it at that.:sleep:

Remember this is a Nordschleife setup.. it might take quite some time to dial it in for normal tracks, sadly..
I'm planning on getting at it though to be able to race all the other tracks :)

All I did was the gearing, guessed it was a Nordschieife gearing from your past posts from way back.
Dropped the rear ARB down one to soften it slightly.
Altered the damping, made it less critical.
Kept the diff coast, along with rear wing, car did not like them being lowered for me.
Took 0.4 deg camber from front added 0.2 deg to rear.
Ran -0.05 toe at front.
That was it.:)

PS
Was not happy about removing some rear roll control from rear, I think it was causing more mid speed roll oversteer into corner entry for those corners when cornering and braking. But overall seemed to give better lap times.

Latest News

Back