AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 5th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Am I doing something really stupid? Joined the practise server and my gearshift wont work.
Did all the setting up malarkey with the Fanatec app, everything looked ok. Did a practise session, same car same treack, everything ok. Tried the server again and I cant change gear.
HELP!

Update, I tried al the other RD servers and gearshift doesn't work in any of them.

Further update, I joined some other random server and gears worked ok.

Last edited:
Am I doing something really stupid? Joined the practise server and my gearshift wont work.
Did all the setting up malarkey with the Fanatec app, everything looked ok. Did a practise session, same car same treack, everything ok. Tried the server again and I cant change gear.
HELP!

Update, I tried al the other RD servers and gearshift doesn't work in any of them.

Weird, does it work in the standalone game all fine?

Maybe the GT3s are set to sequential or paddle shift only on server. By gears what do you mean? If you are using the V1.5 in sequential mode AC controls need to be configured for that?

Maybe the GT3s are set to sequential or paddle shift only on server. By gears what do you mean? If you are using the V1.5 in sequential mode AC controls need to be configured for that?

Don't think that's the issue.
Practise on my own - all works fine
Other internet servers - all work fine.
RD Servers - Cant change gear at all. I even tried using keyboard option but that didn't work either.

I had a wheel problem last night but sorted it and raced in minis with no issues.
Today I thought some GT3 practise would be good but there the problem started. It only seems to be with RD servers though. Ive tried all the current servers, including Caterham which I raced in on Monday, and all the different cars. No luck with any.

I'm guessing other people have been in the RD servers today without any issues.

Hey Chris, it has been a really long while... I might get back into online racing. I will have to check whether my setup is still up and running and of course I will have to get premium back... But GT3 on the Redbull ring is just too good of a combination to pass I gues... :D

Well calling on all my years of experience and using all my technical knowledge, I decided to completely uninstall everything Fanatec and start form scratch. But at the last minute I thought I would give it one more try and hey presto, it worked fine.
It might've been connection issues, ended sessions or something like that, not related to your wheel.
If you lose the connection you can still go on track but sometimes can't accelerate or anything.

Could you still Rev up in neutral? When it happens to me my throttle paddle is also dead...

Hey Chris, it has been a really long while... I might get back into online racing. I will have to check whether my setup is still up and running and of course I will have to get premium back... But GT3 on the Redbull ring is just too good of a combination to pass I gues... :D

Hey mate, good to see you again! We'd love to have you, just let me know when your premium is back. :)

It might've been connection issues, ended sessions or something like that, not related to your wheel.
If you lose the connection you can still go on track but sometimes can't accelerate or anything.

Could you still Rev up in neutral? When it happens to me my throttle paddle is also dead...
Yep, could rev up but couldn't select a gear. Maybe be a connection issue but I tried three other open online servers and they all worked fine.
I wondered if RD were playing a late April fool joke on me.

Latest News

Back