AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 5th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It was never allowed ;) If someone is repeatedly doing it, then nudge them in teamspeak. If they don't stop after being prompted in TS, please report it. As long as some part of the two wheels is over the white line, it's ok, but putting 3 or more over is not. Please bear in mind that people do make mistakes or misjudge it though :)

Last time I raced at this track, people had all 4 wheels and a bit more outside of the track consistently.
I naturally have full understanding if someone makes a mistake but this was systematically :)

There's no agreement on the entry itself, but if someone enters the pits at full blast, that will be looked at.

I'm not sure if you are adressing this, but I'm concerned about how the pit entry on this track is right before the entry of second to last corner. People needs to commit to the pit entry quite early to indicate other drivers they're about to pit, because the pit entry is right in the racing line.[/QUOTE]

Last time I raced at this track, people had all 4 wheels and a bit more outside of the track consistently.
I naturally have full understanding if someone makes a mistake but this was systematically :)
Every few months or at least once per year there's this problem with track limits on RD, especially in Assetto since it has basically no consequences in the race due to a really feature lacking penalty system...
I was staff for almost 2 years and an AC host like Chris.
Every time it got too bad with the limits we created a video with the F7 free cam hovering above the most problematic corners.
Posted it without the names on it, told everyone to feel ashamed and pm'ed the most frequent limit breakers.
They got a warning first and were looked at for a few races. If they did it again, they got a ban.

Worked wonders and most drivers liked it as it kept the gentlemen standards intact for our club :)

Every now and then it needs to be repeated. It's natural to get worse over time.

BTW I warned myself once too. I was behind someone for almost the full race who did cut every corner and didn't react on TeamSpeak.
I was quicker and couldn't get past without cutting so I went full f*ck it Mode and did it too.

A few days later the reports came in for exactly that race so same standards for everyone, I put myself as Staff on the warning list :p

Then please tell them about it on TS and report them if they continue :)

I'm not sure if you are adressing this, but I'm concerned about how the pit entry on this track is right before the entry of second to last corner. People needs to commit to the pit entry quite early to indicate other drivers they're about to pit, because the pit entry is right in the racing line.

I will mention it in the pre-race announcements, but no other specific plans.

Hi Chris, I gonna be a little late to the server but I will be there going to watch the Queens speech, should be there well before quali cant see her rambling on for more than 10 minutes

Thanks for the amazing race everyone! From my perspective it was a lot of fun and I saw a lot of clean driving from various drivers throughout :)

I'm also glad to hear in TS that you folks had a lot of fun. These races and the people in them are one of the things keeping me sane in these weird times, and I really enjoy having races with all of you each week. :inlove:

Tomorrow I will post next weeks event. Thanks everyone for coming and for all the clean racing! I had very few things to complain about with the blue flags, and it looked like a lot of people were having wheel to wheel action, which is great.

(The highlight of it for me was unexpectedly understanding @RasmusP and someone else(?) joking about also letting them past in German when I was passing. My high school German teacher would be proud.)

Last edited:
Great racing tonight so much fun. 8th was hard work. Andreas and Henry thanks for the fair racing, some great close quarters stuff.

And thanks Chris for all the hard work and nice win . Well don't to 2nd and 3rd too.

I could do with a better setup for here but what I had was stable, really enjoyed it.

Latest News

Back