AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 5th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Chris Down
would you be so nice pls to change me to the 650S. I can't get a good setup with the R8.
This would be very nice :)
hape
I also can't come near the lap times of the guys in the 650s. The Macca looks like designed for the RedBullRing. But I don't feel like getting used to a new car now so I guess I will struggle in the backfield tonight.

I think there's some kind of gentleman agreement not to post lap times here. But if you enter the practice server, you can see how the other drivers are doing.

I also can't come near the lap times of the guys in the 650s. The Macca looks like designed for the RedBullRing. But I don't feel like getting used to a new car now so I guess I will struggle in the backfield tonight.

FWIW, I can do the same time in the 650s and 488, so I'm not sure it's true :) The main thing is you need a driving style that's compliant enough to allow you to get the right angles in T1 and T2, it's mostly just coincidental that the 650s already helps with that with default setup.

The 488 especially is more than capable of doing the same kind of lap times I've been posting on the practice server. I'd be surprised if the R8 can't also be brought up to that standard since it has the correct tendencies for this kind of track.

People put too much stock into what cars the faster guys are racing in. Sure, some cars suit some tracks more, but you'll get a lot more in the long run if you stick with one car until you've learned it inside and out :) I raced the 650s for 2 years until I even thought about starting to learn the 488.

Last edited:
FWIW, I can do the same time in the 650s and 488, so I'm not sure it's true :) The main thing is you need a driving style that's compliant enough to allow you to get the right angles in T1 and T2, it's mostly just coincidental that the 650s already helps with that with default setup.

The 488 especially is more than capable of doing the same kind of lap times I've been posting on the practice server. I'd be surprised if the R8 can't also be brought up to that standard since it has the correct tendencies for this kind of track.

People put too much stock into what cars the faster guys are racing in. Sure, some cars suit some tracks more, but you'll get a lot more in the long run if you stick with one car until you've learned it inside and out :)
Well i have very nice balanced 488 but Macca is quite faster around here, even it must be very fine tuned for the race. So dropping 488 to 650:)

People put too much stock into what cars the faster guys are racing in. Sure, some cars suit some tracks more, but you'll get a lot more in the long run if you stick with one car until you've learned it inside and out :) I raced the 650s for 2 years until I even thought about starting to learn the 488.
I drove about an hour last evening in the r8 and tried to fine tune my driving style and the setup (I can't drive the default r8 setup. It's under steering with snap oversteer for me. No idea why...
But I wanted the Audi to work for me so spent a lot of time in motec and the dev apps to get the r8 similar to a really awesome lambo setup for the Nordschleife).
Driving the r8 with basically that Nordschleife setup for a few races now and really like it.
It also works nicely for me around this track although the snap oversteer is coming back in t2 and the last two corners.

The Audi is the heaviest of the gt3 afaik. Even a few kg heavier than the lambo!
The McLaren and the Ferrari are rather light in comparison of the gt3s afaik?
This could explain why it's easier to get through the weird turns of the red bull ring...

If anybody wants to have a try:

Attachments

• Rasmus_Race_1_04thApr20_RedBullRing.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 88
This may be a stupid question, but when I join the server how do I get teamspeak to connect to the race server too ?
You don't.
Go into the very first post in this thread and click on the TeamSpeak manual/explanation.
You connect to the TeamSpeak server via TeamSpeak and the talking is completely independent from the racing.
Both are two separate, independent servers.

Running on the same machine somewhere in the Netherlands though.

Hope that clears up the basics :)

You don't.
Go into the very first post in this thread and click on the TeamSpeak manual/explanation.
You connect to the TeamSpeak server via TeamSpeak and the talking is completely independent from the racing.
Both are two separate, independent servers.

Running on the same machine somewhere in the Netherlands though.

Hope that clears up the basics :)

Ah OK thank you, I have connected to it but didn't know if it needed to be on a specific channel when racing like the assetto corsa one?

I drove about an hour last evening in the r8 and tried to fine tune my driving style and the setup (I can't drive the default r8 setup. It's under steering with snap oversteer for me. No idea why...
But I wanted the Audi to work for me so spent a lot of time in motec and the dev apps to get the r8 similar to a really awesome lambo setup for the Nordschleife).
Driving the r8 with basically that Nordschleife setup for a few races now and really like it.
It also works nicely for me around this track although the snap oversteer is coming back in t2 and the last two corners.

The Audi is the heaviest of the gt3 afaik. Even a few kg heavier than the lambo!
The McLaren and the Ferrari are rather light in comparison of the gt3s afaik?
This could explain why it's easier to get through the weird turns of the red bull ring...

If anybody wants to have a try:
All cars here will oversteer or you will be slow, you have to control it

I will not race in this. I have problems with the accelerator pedal for G29 and I don't really have the patience or the mindset to actually open up the whole electronic system to clean it ... yet. So I won't be able to race for some days.

P.S. I did started to play again AC Odyssey DLC's (waited for them to bunch up) and I would like to finish that also :whistling:

What is the track limit policy these days?
I remember last time I raced here, people way off track to the left in the braking zone in turn 2 and to the right in turn 5. Is that still allowed?

Also, is there a genltemens agreement on pit entry and how to enter the penultimate corner before entering the pits?

I remember last time I raced here, people way off track to the left in the braking zone in turn 2 and to the right in turn 5. Is that still allowed?

Also, is there a genltemens agreement on pit entry and how to enter the penultimate corner before entering the pits?
hi
my opinion is that we all are not allowed to leave the track with all 4 wheels aoutside the white line. So this should also be clarified before we start racing.
As we are all on teamspeak it should be fair to say if someone is before the last corner to the pits saying that he is going to the pits if somebody is near behind him.
hape

It was never allowed ;) If someone is repeatedly doing it, then nudge them in teamspeak. If they don't stop after being prompted in TS, please report it. As long as some part of the two wheels is over the white line, it's ok, but putting 3 or more over is not. Please bear in mind that people do make mistakes or misjudge it though :)

There's no agreement on the entry itself, but if someone enters the pits at full blast, that will be looked at.

I will not race in this. I have problems with the accelerator pedal for G29 and I don't really have the patience or the mindset to actually open up the whole electronic system to clean it ... yet. So I won't be able to race for some days.

P.S. I did started to play again AC Odyssey DLC's (waited for them to bunch up) and I would like to finish that also :whistling:
@Chris Down Just in case you overlooked this one, does this means that I'm in?

Latest News

Back