AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 10th July 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Fulvio registered also! With 5 aliens this can be epic!

Going to be a roaster. Hottest day of the year here so far. Sticking a water bottle in the fridge for this!
Screenshot_20220710-125056~2.png

I'm just starting to have a play with Motec. Would anyone in an Audi be prepared to share the data log file and setup of a fast lap. I'm keen to analyse my laps in a bit more detail so this would be very interesting. Cheers

That was something on my "to-do" list,.
Tried JoelK setup, which was a great setup.:thumbsup:
1)
I pretty much know how much quicker Joel is than me on a normal day.:(
2)
I set a time, then I changed his setup, you can defiantly bugger up a setup.:confused:
3)
An alien set-up made no difference to my time at all.:(
4)
Compared Audi data to the Nissan, Audi is quicker in the corners, for me. The Nissan goes quite a long way with its acceleration to drag back that advantage.

5) long straight there was an advantage of 1 mph to the Nissan, the Nissan and Audi were exactly equal at the end of the straight.

I'm just starting to have a play with Motec. Would anyone in an Audi be prepared to share the data log file and setup of a fast lap. I'm keen to analyse my laps in a bit more detail so this would be very interesting. Cheers
me too......

Colin, Joelk setup is really really good, I am sure Brian's setup is just as good, but if brian will forgive me for saying, Joel is more of an Alien, for comparison reasons if nothing else.
:)
PS, just remembered, used Brian's setup, exactly for me the same as JoelK.

Last edited:
me too......

Colin, Joelk setup is really really good, I am sure Brian's setup is just as good, but if brian will forgive me for saying, Joel is more of an Alien, for comparison reasons if nothing else.
:)
PS, just remembered, used Brian's setup, exactly for me the same as JoelK.

That's not my setup enrie. It's pulled from that video above, I don't want to be taking credit for another mans work :)

need to say this race was like a multiclass race i did a good start chasing a r8 prob when the r8 infront of me was drinking a tea cuz every straight i was losing tenths by tenths for the rest i was hoping Stefan the other bmw to reach me and fight with him but he left dont know why . was even hard to overtake some blue flags :'D

Had a lot of fun here of late and this race was no different.
Not much to say, great battle with Han, how I got the undercut??, I am sure the replay will tell me.
Second stint, a wee battle with Brian, but as he said on the forum, by the time I was within striking distance. Tyres went off, and Brian had not a problem of keeping the gap.
Well to done to all the quickies, great times, and to @Interslice for the organisation.

Good job to the back marker for going full throttle after pit as dead last, and not even lift at the second straight just to kick people out that actually driving for position ...
Come on, Stefan, that was just a mistake on his part. And he was pretty far away from you to let you through before, so it's not like you got stuck behind for half a lap and then that happened. I wish people practiced more before events to avoid unforced mistakes like that one, but it is what it is

Good job to the back marker for going full throttle after pit as dead last, and not even lift at the second straight just to kick people out that actually driving for position ...
Stefan,
I just saw the replay. I don't think the backmarker did anything wrong. The gap was big enough for not lifting there but he lost the car and unfortunate hit you.

0.9 secs at the beginning of the straight, you can think about lifting before the curvy section. Specially that you have to be aware of a faster car behind, when you already lost over a second in T3 alone.
Starting to slow down mid corner and wiggling certainly didnt help. I am not saying he made a mistake per se. This situation although could be avoidable by just being aware of your surroundings and just having a closer look at the the timings. Cause I saw that I gained quite rapidly, so I am assuming he did also.

In the next corners its not great to overtake, so I would have let other cars pass before that. Specially if you are dead last.

And if you cant take corners properly to begin with, yes more practice before the race helps, but also then, you can think about letting cars pass asap and not risk anything.

And I know, it is what it is. Just a little frustrating, as my pace was faster then normal to keep my other contenders like Brian, Han, Ernie and Thomas at bay.

Last edited:
Thanks Brian and congrats to the podium :thumbsup:

Had my first jump start tonight... yeah. Drive through put ma at the back of the field but I was in good company and had some nice battles there. Of course any chance of a top 5 was gone but finishing 8 was still ok. At least I got a new toy (Audi) and I'm eager to see how it feels on other tracks. Could be very quick on tracks with more tight sections.

Had a lot of fun here of late and this race was no different.
Not much to say, great battle with Han, how I got the undercut??, I am sure the replay will tell me.
Second stint, a wee battle with Brian, but as he said on the forum, by the time I was within striking distance. Tyres went off, and Brian had not a problem of keeping the gap.
Well to done to all the quickies, great times, and to @Interslice for the organisation.
I got hit on the back in T4 in the lap that you pitted.

That was fun race. The first 25 minutes I was using the wrong gear out of Raush, fourth instead of third. It had me a bit rattled and I couldn't get any rest from @thom462 in the mclaren behind, until he spun. I was cruising for 10 minutes after that bit of luck and stefan's unfortunate incident, thinking this was it for the race now.. until ernie emerged from the pits and went full terminator Gt-R.

He was about 3 or 4 seconds behind me all of a sudden, with nearly 20 minutes left. I really had to get the shoe in and push as hard as i could, hoping that his front tyres would eventually slow him down. Luckily it eventually balanced out at a 1.5 second gap and he never got the slip steam. Thanks for that push ernie. Made my race :)

Last edited:
A qualy and race to forget. Actually was content in practice as pace was good for a 1.28.8. Bad luck and own errors resulted only in a 1.29.3 in qualy for P8. At start I was little irritated by a jump start and missed my own start by couple tenth which meant losing two positions, coming in behind @Interslice Brian. We had a great fight for the first twenty minutes. I was behind mostly less than a second and that racing was good fun, but he made no mistake so there was no chance to overtake.
Unfortunately a small driving error and my my lack in setup skill (car was so lose at this corner) lead to a slight oversteer in the penultimate corner. Countersteered and that was it, I spun, lost lots of time. Went to pits as tyres were cooking. After Han pitted I was right behind. Being close behind I was braking very late for turn 4 and Han was on the very left whilst braking so I went for the inside apex, actually that was a mix of being afraid to hit the back and a slight miscalculation and being late at the very limit on the brakes from my side.
Tried to stay at the very inside right to avoid contact at the apex but unfortunately I hit the back by just a fraction but that was enough to spin the Nissan. Sorry Han @HF2000, I guess my bad tried everything to avoid that. We lost both about nearly ten seconds.
After that (and a spin later at the same corner as before.....) I was closing in to Robert but he had good pace and I could close gap but there was too little time left.
Congrats to podiums and thx Brian for organizing.

results for anyone interested: https://simresults.net/220711-HS1

cu

edit, P.S.: great to see that full grid with such close competitiveness.......

some impressions:

T1, trying to keep in touch with Brian's Ferrari
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_ks_red_bull_ring_11-7-122-1-26-23.jpg

tried to stay to the very inside right to avoid contact, unfortunately hitting back of Hans Nissan by a fraction, leading to a spin
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_ks_red_bull_ring_11-7-122-0-35-3.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Back