AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 10th July 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What do you mean by "containing your data"?
Workspaces and loaded log files are independent from each other.
So you can load the same log file in different workspaces.

What exactly do you want to do?
If you just want to load the last used workspace and keep the loaded log files opened too, then go to:
Tools -> Options -> General:
-> Startup: Load previous Log Files
-> Workspace: Load previous Workspace on Startup
Guess I was thinking a project was a workspace with log data - so you've kept any analysis you've done. You'd then build up a body of setup projects. Given I don't know how to use it yet then no problem.

Before I go to bed:
Quick analysis for Coling, although I think that this isn't a "real" lap, isn't it?
Otherwise you need to check your brake pedal!

ColinVsRas_RBR.JPG

You're braking too late into T1, take a too early apex, go wide, way too late on the throttle.
You're not applying 100% brake input, which is a very important thing that needs to be fixed!
Your throttle application is a bit all over the place, but that's normal when going wide in T3 since you can't put the steering straight to get the power down.
Time lost: 0.4s from touching the brakes into T3 to touching the brakes into T4. Or according to F1: T4 to T6.

Guess I was thinking a project was a workspace with log data - so you've kept any analysis you've done. You'd then build up a body of setup projects. Given I don't know how to use it yet then no problem.
Yep, that makes sense! I definitely had similar thoughts in the beginning!
But no, the workspace is just the layout of everything, telemetry channels linked to the data channels of Motec and the "Math". Math is stuff like Yaw Rate in deg/s containing speed and lateral g-force.

You can then just load any log file that has compatible telemetry channels.
In this case anything that was created with ACTI in AC.
Loading an rF2 or ACC log file will result in no data showing at all and you'd have to go through every graph and select the correct telemetry channel.

Before I go to bed:
Quick analysis for Coling, although I think that this isn't a "real" lap, isn't it?
Otherwise you need to check your brake pedal!

View attachment 581830

You're braking too late into T1, take a too early apex, go wide, way too late on the throttle.
You're not applying 100% brake input, which is a very important thing that needs to be fixed!
Your throttle application is a bit all over the place, but that's normal when going wide in T3 since you can't put the steering straight to get the power down.
Time lost: 0.4s from touching the brakes into T3 to touching the brakes into T4. Or according to F1: T4 to T6.
God no, that was just a drive round to get a fresh lap to load in to your workspace :)

God no, that was just a drive round to get a fresh lap to load in to your workspace :)
Haha yeah I thought so but also thought I'd give a quick example how I analyze such data :D

I can give you my best lap if you want to analyse that for me :)
Yeah send it over if you want! I won't be able to have a detailed look until Monday afternoon, when my holidays start.
But the race is done anyway so I guess a few days don't matter? :)

My pb is with the Nissan though. A low 29 iirc.
I'd be interested to compare apples to apples though so maybe send me your setup too and I'll see what I can do with the audi?

Would be awesome if @demetri would provide us a benchmark lap :whistling:
Understandable if he wants to keep it a secret hehe, but I know he shared his Audi setups on some occasions for us.
Driving alone at the front must be lonely and Enzo probably won't use the Audi anytime soon :p

Maybe keep the setup a secret so Joel won't become too much of a threat too quickly.

Replay from Dmitry would also work. You can record pedals, steering and line from your own replays. Just no physics data.

More waffle…
Yes unfortunately more.

When I was working for Bae systems I was sent to Blackpool with an apprentice.
We stayed in a hotel in Lytham St Anne’s , had a great time, got all our work done and had plenty of spare time to enjoy all that Blackpool had to offer.
Eventually ended up on lytham St Anne’s beach and I started to throw stones, it got into that young male competition thing, all ego and those male chemicals that send you a bit mental.
Well, he could throw a stone 25% further than I could, and at the age of 35 I was a pretty decent athlete, I was pretty stunned, but it taught me an important lesson, we are not born equal.
I could have trained and practiced a lot , but he would have had 25% advantage on me from the word go.

We are not all the same, we get what we get with no say in it what so ever.

I really enjoy my battles with Brian, Han, Colin, Hape, Rasmus, Carsten, Alan, Douglas, David , Paul, Casper, Raul, Taj , Danny and more, just to name two, :confused: and of course a special mention to Robert who always lets me past on the last lap.
If I was to get a lot faster, that pleasure would go, racing would then not be the same.
Just competition for competitive reason that would spoil it all.
I use the faster guys as a reference, not for one moment do I want their pace, just use them as a measure, also enjoy watching their skill.

But doing it myself would remove that, I would soon lose interest.

Dmitry is like that young apprentice, just been given a gift of being faster than most of us. But as he knows, there is always someone faster, more dedicated, more driven, more obsessed.

If you got the 7 billion people on our planet to single minded train for F1 with all the correct support and most important of all, financial backing and all in the same manufacture F1 Car.
None of our undoubtedly talented F1 drivers would be on the grid for the next F1 race.

We can all strive to improve, that is what spurs me on all the time. To get a 100% from a 100%.

It would be great to get some real circuit data from one of our aliens fast laps, so we can judge our meagre attempts with MoTeC.

Hint, nudge nudge Dmitry.

The end.:confused:

Last edited:
These for sure interesting comparisons, and really teaches you fast where the critical mistakes are made :thumbsup:

I would (almost) pay big money for Dimitri's telemetry from sunday to figure out where I lost that 4 tenths in the last sector, when the other sectors were maybe at most a tenth apart... :D
I do have built-it telemetry data (not ACTI though as I don't use it) in the form of telemetry_dump.act file. I think you can load it into AIM Race Studio Analysis app. No idea if that's gonna be useful

I do have built-it telemetry data (not ACTI though as I don't use it) in the form of telemetry_dump.act file. I think you can load it into AIM Race Studio Analysis app. No idea if that's gonna be useful
Yeah, I have AIM setup and running so if you kindly would send me the file via PM(or here) I would be very grateful.

It should be a really interesting comparison, since I genuinely don't know where I lost all that time.

Yeah, I have AIM setup and running so if you kindly would send me the file via PM(or here) I would be very grateful.

It should be a really interesting comparison, since I genuinely don't know where I lost all that time.
Let me upload it somewhere (it's about 450MB). Meanwhile, here's a few screenshots from our best quali laps at RBR. Pay attention to the lap timer on the HUD, not the speed which is way off for your car due to AC not showing other cars' speed correctly.

Me approaching the penultimate corner:
1657818783796.png

...and exiting the last corner:
1657818828676.png

You:
1657818855438.png

and:
1657818872501.png

See, the timer difference was .15 which matches first two sectors where I was .1 and .04 faster on that lap:
1657819033825.png

1657819049669.png

But it then grew to almost .4 at the exit from the last corner (and I probably had a higher speed too that added up to the final delta later)

Now, how could you lose all that in just two 90 degrees corners that the genius of Hermann Tilke decided to put there? My theory is that it could be gearing, at least for a significant part of it. I can see that you upshifted to 5th just before the last turn braking point and then downshifted to 3rd in it. While I used 4th gear for the whole sequence of the last two corners, so I had no momentum lost on those extra upshifts/downshifts. The other thing is asymmetric camber setup I ran for this track which was tailored towards making the car better at right-hand turns (not sure if that was actually the case if you looked at the telemetry, but at least it felt better for me)

Last edited:
Whole race AC telemetry:

Race setup attached (quali was the same just with low fuel load). Don't mind 18c in the name, I originally made it for a league championship race at +18c air temp, but those two degrees up we had here apparently didn't make a noticeable difference

It's the best (for me) setup I made for this track, and as I said before, I'm not really good at it (I got slightly better with this setup, but it's still at least half a second off of the real alien times). For the comparison, the fastest guy in the Lambo with 25kg ballast was doing high-27 - low-28 laps in that race (well, until he pushed it too hard and made a silly mistake)

Attachments

• rbr_R_s_18c.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I'll have a look! Since you posted Screenshots in the next post: Do you still have the replay? If so, I can record ACTI telemetry from that :)

Let me upload it somewhere (it's about 450MB). Meanwhile, here's a few screenshots from our best quali laps at RBR. Pay attention to the lap timer on the HUD, not the speed which is way off for your car due to AC not showing other cars' speed correctly.

View attachment 582377
View attachment 582379

You:
View attachment 582380
and:
View attachment 582381

See, the timer difference was .15 which matches first two sectors where I was .1 and .04 faster on that lap:
View attachment 582384
View attachment 582385
But it then grew to almost .4 at the exit from the last corner (and I probably had a higher speed too that added up to the final delta later)

Now, how could you lose all that in just two 90 degrees corners that the genius of Hermann Tilke decided to put there? My theory is that it could be gearing, at least for a significant part of it. I can see that you upshifted to 5th just before the last turn braking point and then downshifted to 3rd in it. While I used 4th gear for the whole sequence of the last two corners, so I had no momentum lost on those extra upshifts/downshifts. The other thing is asymmetric camber setup I ran for this track which was tailored towards making the car better at right-hand turns (not sure if that was actually the case if you looked at the telemetry, but at least it felt better for me)

I found the gears awkward through there. 5th was too fast in the second last so I was going 4 - 5 - 4 - 3 down the hill into the last corner. Nursing it through the last corner(due to bottoming out..). My head telemetry felt like I was leaving behind something like 0.5-0.6 to the optimum through those 2 corners. Maybe it was more...

I found the gears awkward through there. 5th was too fast in the second last so I was going 4 - 5 - 4 - 3 down the hill into the last corner. Nursing it through the last corner(due to bottoming out..). My head telemetry felt like I was leaving behind something like 0.5-0.6 to the optimum through those 2 corners. Maybe it was more...
I blame Tilke. Who else in their sane mind would come up with two stupid corners back to back?

View attachment 582377
View attachment 582379

You:
View attachment 582380
and:
View attachment 582381

View attachment 582384
View attachment 582385

Not so accurate due to different cars, but anyway it's not as bad as i thought. edit.. not faster than Joel :p Room for improvement there anyway :)
1:12:31 (+1second)
before tilke.jpg

1:23:35 (+1.3second) 168 vs 164 km/hr

after tilke.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Back