rF2 1980's IMSA @ Buenos Aires #15(Historic) - Fri 11 Feb 2022 *BA Trophy Rd 2/5*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
It eas probably me mate
But leading up to that shunt I could not believe the speed he gained on me and I eas flat out myself more or less

Through the first chicane and that long right hander there will be a big difference between the different classes. So the faster cars need to be careful during the race.

Didn't help that @Jimlaad43 was using quali tyres and qual-engine as well. That gives 6-8 seconds a lap for a lap or two :)

I saw him closing in on me in my rear view mirror and thought oohhh sshhhiiiiittttttt

I was practicing with the BMW M1 the first day after the server was set up. And there comes @Roy Magnes in the same car you were using yesterday, and I had the same feeling.
Then I thought that he wouldn't pass me, but no, he just kept driving and flew past me :p

It's a good thing the quali-session is private :)

It eas probably me mate
But leading up to that shunt I could not believe the speed he gained on me and I eas flat out myself more or less
Because I'm a data sweat, I can give you all the info on that collision from my side :roflmao:
We made contact at 247km/h (153mph), after I'd braked from 284km/h (176mph). I had a 6.3G deceleration from the impact too. I was just as surprised by the speed differential as you when I approached.

Yeah, C1 cars meeting anyone else in the race through the first 4 corners is going to be sketchy af. I love it!

Yeah, C1 cars meeting anyone else in the race through the first 4 corners is going to be sketchy af. I love it!

1644333305183.png

:sneaky:

The funny thing is tho as I say I was more or less flat out just before you hit me
Then when you did hit me I went even quicker
Quali tyres and power, I can get away with going from the last corner to turn 5 without braking, so yeah when I was 3 tenths up and pulling 3.7Gs between two fast corners at 284km/h, you can see how I had very little reaction time for a car I was much faster than.

Still, rules state that "It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake slower cars" so I can't exactly blame you for anything there. I'm going to file it as "lesson learned" for the upcoming race.

Can someone tell me how big the download volume of the complete content is for the race?
I'm interested but living way outside in the german no fast internet land i fear the download for this event.

Can someone tell me how big the download volume of the complete content is for the race?
I'm interested but living way outside in the german no fast internet land i fear the download for this event.

If you don't have any of the cars already, it's about 2GB. Though, that's the total file size, I don't know if the download is a bit smaller and that the size is installed content.

The track is the same as last week, just a completely different layout :)

As usual - continuing from above!

@Chris Spencer @Dino Paolini @maxipolo @Fucitol @tim80810 @Raf Nix @t7nia @Javier Conti @AyrtonForever @Knut Mattheisen @Cyborg40 @Kamran Khan @VinillaIce82 @Nicoboks @Gerdoner @Nomat16 @MickBuell @Luca Antinori @Ken Verhagen @butcher85 @stubs66 @Krebsi1986 @oldgamergazza @cagivariver

Also - what about doing an rF2 Friday again :whistling: @Ingemar Petersson @Steve Le Gallez @PurgerUK and @Casper de Wit (this isn't a track or cars that should be too demanding on the PC)

Aaand because this is historic content, I'll tag some Thursday-people as well, even though I know multi-class may not be the favorite type of racing for many! Or that they do other stuff of Friday :)
@Daniel R. @max1966i @rakoczyn @Yves Larose @Lennart Groessl @Jack Smith @Jim Carvalho @EmilG15 @Partick Eaton @paokkerkir @Bumble @Stephen Gibb @slideways @Maxi_King

Lastly, if you haven't been tagged, it's because I've seen you on the practice server, or you've posted in the thread. I'm not ignoring you. I just want to avoid having to spread tagging over 3 posts! (Like Stig, George, Dastan, Roy etc.)

Latest News

Back