Will you be Buying an RTX 3080?

Yeah the guys in the team switched from intel and both got the 3900x I believe or something similar,
they swear by it the core performance, idk just when I even think about it in my mind just get a mental block my 9700k isnt the best but it performs ok for now

3900x only makes sense for other multi task and work reasons right now. For sims 9700K is still 10% faster, well maybe for another 24hrs anyway. AMD Zen 3 announcement tomorrow. I chose AMD not just for cost but for the upgrade path as Intel is kinda a dead end now until 2021 anyway. But anyway GPUs.

jumping to a AMD gpu is a slight adjustment as you have to relearn how to use the drivers and terminology but experience i've had so far is very good. Driver stability isn't an issue at all.
Now I've got used to it the Radeon UI works really well, more intuitive than nvidias old list setting system, very easy to adjust settings per game for example, and it gives a av fps last time you played for each game clear to see.

But yeah Nvidia is like buying a flashy sports car with a V8. AMD is more like buying a Tesla or something, boring and understated by contrast but does the job just fine, but misunderstood by everyone.

3900x only makes sense for other multi task and work reasons right now. For sims 9700K is still 10% faster, well maybe for another 24hrs anyway. AMD Zen 3 announcement tomorrow. I chose AMD not just for cost but for the upgrade path as Intel is kinda a dead end now until 2021 anyway. But anyway GPUs.

jumping to a AMD gpu is a slight adjustment as you have to relearn how to use the drivers and terminology but experience i've had so far is very good. Driver stability isn't an issue at all.
Now I've got used to it the Radeon UI works really well, more intuitive than nvidias old list setting system, very easy to adjust settings per game for example, and it gives a av fps last time you played for each game clear to see.

But yeah Nvidia is like buying a flashy sports car with a V8. AMD is more like buying a Tesla or something, boring and understated by contrast but does the job just fine, but misunderstood by everyone.
Ill look later I just purchased a Palit RTX 3080 GamingPro OC card it looks really nice the design I like it,
hopefully be here tomorrow or the day after ill stretch its legs on this G9 screen and compare
it to my old 2080ti card.

Last edited:
Hardware Unboxed have done an interesting video on 3080 resolution scaling. It seems the architecture Is better suited to high pixel numbers rather than higher frame rates at lower resolutions.

Might be another tick in the box for the “wait and see what AMD bring” option for non 4K gamers.

Mmm, who is Actually doing simracing @1920x1080p?
I doubt that any simracer is planning or buying a 3080 card to use it with only one FHD monitor. Maybe if they are looking ahead because Stock is limited and actualize other componentes is easy ATM.
Ultrawides, triples FHD and QHD and some 4k, are the standard for simracing today.
I have a KFA2 3080 paired with a Samsung HG90, pixel count bigger than QHD and headroom for AA filters and effects

Last edited:
A choice of four
I live in Ukraine there seems to be a few shops where they have some I had choice of about 4-5 cards only they just started coming in the last several days or so well since late last week. :)
4-5 choice of cards! That’s awesome, rig looks fantastic btw.

Reactions: CC
A choice of four

4-5 choice of cards! That’s awesome, rig looks fantastic btw.
Yeah they had some Ventus 3X, some Asus Tuf,
some was like 3x8pin I think and some 2x8pin so went with the usually pin config I basically just want to spend like 2 minutes installing it lol :D

Doubt it is just one rogue employer doing it!
I have been a big fan of MSI over the years. Last 3 Gpu's have been MSI but this together with my last Msi RTX 2070 bought a hig end card and got a low end OC.
So MSi is in my dog house and I will not buy from them for at least the next Gpu!

At the time of reading apparently a guy named ‘Peter’ had an answering machine with regard to enquiries.
Time passing it appears far more serious with damaging consequences to MSI. MSI supposedly offering refunded ‘scalps’.

I beg to differ on the front placement of the radiator.

I think you have a fair point there. However, here the radiator or the CPU are not the only concern, the 3080 GPU produces by far the most heat in my system. With the current radiator placement the airflow temperature into the case is slightly higher, but the heat generated by the GPU is effectively removed from the case by the top fans and that does not affect the CPU.

There are nice reviews about the radiator placement, and it seems that in a situation like this the front placement is a good solution.

Kinda annoyed with these new AMD cpu prices TBH no 5700x this time and jacked the price of 5800x to $450 from what $380. 5900z $550 and the 5600x $300. Think that was a dumb move, who do they think they are intel?! :)

Yeah lack of info on the gpu. Might still trying to jabate Nvidia with those 3 benchmarks or maybe not. Think it did 61fps in borderlands 3 4k ultra, 3080 does 65fps i think? So slower than a 3080 but didn't say specifically what card it was, left it open. Could be the 6800xt for all we know not the biggest 6900xt card. Still think they are being very cagy there.

Who cares when the uplift is 28%.

So prices aren't that far off with the increase then. US prices of the 3600XT vs the 5600X is around 21% increase, for 'around' 28% performance, OK, it would be nice to have the incrase in performance without the increase in price, but I think AMD have now reached the point with Zen3 where they have to be the 'bang-for-buck' champions anymore, they can compete on genuine performance.

Yeah knew it was going to happen. Just got to wait a bit longer for that to calm down as well.

I agree, the 5900 is the one. Price meh... It is quite possible the data shown for the GPU would be best case scenario though. Think they should have stuck to just showing a picture.
Card looks great, still interested.

Agree the 5900x is good value still. I think that's what they will try, peeps who would normally go for 8 core just go for the 12 core instead. The 16 core at 800 is still good value as well, the 3950x was a steal when it came out last year if you need those cores for workflow (not gaming).

Agree with the gpu benchmark weird. Though numbers look a little disappointing benchmarks are looking good a lot better than a 2080ti, card looks good too, depends on price. Has to be cheaper than 3080 with those numbers I think plus we know its got 16gb vram. Will find out 28th.

I think the benchmarks were there as a message to Nvidia who are thinking they are trolling with the 3070 launching day after Radeon presentation end of this month. 3070 is going to look slow by comparison at least not including raytraced and dlss stuff anyway.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%