The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

r0rtOcc.jpg

Yenko aero package applied, if you can call it that... fibreglass deck lid with a spoiler and cold air inlets, front splitter, and some little inserts to reduce visibility

Also changed taillights from 65 to 66 because oops? I'm officially making a 66 because that's the first year of Stingers.

Last edited:
Some pictures from my progress at Slovakiaring. Thank you guys for recommending RailClone, without it I would never got this far. Still a lot of work to be done, but I am quite happy with the progress. I's been almost 10 months since I started, I had no idea how much time and effort will it take to make a track from scratch. I thought tracks are much easier than cars... Oh how wrong I was :D

Screenshot_tmm_cupra_tcr_2020_ex_tmm_slovakiaring_14-2-122-10-54-36.jpg
Screenshot_tmm_cupra_tcr_2020_ex_tmm_slovakiaring_14-2-122-10-53-25.jpg
Screenshot_tmm_cupra_tcr_2020_ex_tmm_slovakiaring_14-2-122-10-54-52.jpg

Spent a few days getting less and less done cause interiors are a bit frustrating. I think yesterday I added a single gauge bezel? :| I've been watching twitch stream Elden Ring instead.
aE89Krn.jpg

Anyway uh. The interior may conclude with some mspaint special gauges if I'm not feeling it for much longer, cause I gotta have a hit of that new project energy. I think maybe it's time for me to work on some cars that are smaller individual pieces of a bigger project, sort of like a total conversion deal. The end goal being going for an early '60s cruise in the LA Canyons with period appropriate traffic and scenery.

Last edited:
2/3 of the vegetation is now complete, and I'm pretty happy with how it's starting to look.

View attachment 550687
View attachment 550688
View attachment 550689
View attachment 550690
FPS is pretty horrible right now, due to the 1000s of un-merged objects, but it good enough for me to keep 'testing' ;)
i imagine it's all vanilla, no csp grass or anything ?
i'm pretty impressed with the look of the deep forest in the distance, and without wall of trees. Nice one !

Yeah, no GrassFX here. It's all done as Scatter objects in 3ds max with the track split into 260m sections. I have a choice of 54 plant types so there's a nice amount of variation along the 12.6km track length. Distant trees are simple 6-tri models, which seem to give adeqate shading when filling the distant terrain.

veg-01.jpg

veg-02.jpg

Yeah, no GrassFX here. It's all done as Scatter objects in 3ds max with the track split into 260m sections. I have a choice of 54 plant types so there's a nice amount of variation along the 12.6km track length. Distant trees are simple 6-tri models, which seem to give adeqate shading when filling the distant terrain.

View attachment 550714
View attachment 550715

Looks fantastic in the screenshots of course, but really appreciate these 'behind the curtain' pics thanks, excellent for muppets like me actually realising what's going on under the hood. Your distant trees work great, your forests have a really good 'deep and dark' feel to them, which adds a tonne to the immersion. One of those things that feels 'right' or 'wrong' to me, but I'm never quite sure what actually does it. @THL 's Dessau previews seemed to have this effect spot on too.

Last edited:
fHXLbjW.jpg

0E5LoAV.jpg

Did an annoyingly bad job unwrapping so I could throw some racing stripes on, it already feels faster.

That stripe in the middle means the front is really giving off nice BMW E9 vibes (though I guess this is 10 years its senior) - nice choice thanks! I don't know much about these, is it a particular spec/trim you're going for?

I don't know much about these, is it a particular spec/trim you're going for?
I'm not being too fussy about details, but probably "Stage 2" Yenko Stinger, which I think has some engine internal work added on top of the stage 1 (carb tune/intake/exhaust) but doesn't go as far as blueprinting. They basically added about 15 hp per stage up from a stock 140. I believe stage 3 was SCCA legal package, 1+2 were slightly more streetable, stage 4 was no rules as much power as they could get.

One small concession for practicality is they apparently all shipped with 3.55 rear and no overdrive, so top speed is only about 175km/h across the board, I'll probably include the (technically not strong enough) automatic 3.27 option to bring it up to 190. Might be worth sticking with the 3.55 on tracks with straights where it only barely hits the rev limiter but on eg. the Nordschleife it spends a solid 3 minutes going downhill at over 180.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back