The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Crown Range Road, Queenstown, New Zealand. Being built on a 1 meter LiDAR DEM and 0.75m/pixel orthophotos:
Screenshot_2019-03-03_19-19-39.png

Screenshot_2019-03-04_00-58-31.png

Screenshot_ks_toyota_ae86_crown_range_road_5-3-119-12-53-15.jpg

Basically trying to remake the section of road in this video, it's also a stage in the NZ Targa Rally series:
still wip?

Crown Range Road, Queenstown, New Zealand. Being built on a 1 meter LiDAR DEM and 0.75m/pixel orthophotos:
Screenshot_2019-03-03_19-19-39.png

Screenshot_2019-03-04_00-58-31.png

Screenshot_ks_toyota_ae86_crown_range_road_5-3-119-12-53-15.jpg

Basically trying to remake the section of road in this video, it's also a stage in the NZ Targa Rally series:
Nobody wanted to make the sound I had to do it myself...
Very rough decel and no interior yet but I'm pretty satisfied so far.

the m3 stance sounds similar like a cat delete version of this

OK, this has been on my backburner for way too long and I don't have the skillset to make it happen so here we go.

I have an accurate model of Mount Akagi on hand - from Shinzakadaira Parking to Himeyuri parking - would anyone be interested in tracing it from scratch? According to what I was able to cross reference and gather, it should be <1m accurate, based on a laser scan and also matching the aerial terrain LIDAR available from the Japanese government.

View attachment 533903
View attachment 533906

View attachment 533914

@Fat-Alfie pretty please?
Akagi is my favorite touge course on ac. Yay

I beat you! First time working on Charade for what feels like half a year (it's actually been 4 years since I touched this track)
View attachment 535724
View attachment 535725
hey i'll be driving by next week if you need any winter reference :D
the new track is a racetrack and closed as such of course
but the old course is a daily drive for many people !

I work for the IOM government and have written authorisation to use the data in a 'not for profit' AC track mod, just lacking the time/skills to do anything with it. My post was more a tongue in cheek attempt to lure someone into taking it on as a project, albeit without much optimism given the scale of the course and how much work it would require.

I work for the IOM government and have written authorisation to use the data in a 'not for profit' AC track mod, just lacking the time/skills to do anything with it. My post was more a tongue in cheek attempt to lure someone into taking it on as a project, albeit without much optimism given the scale of the course and how much work it would require.
oh yeah same, joking as well

still wip?
Hopefully, but not holding my breath :(

I was down that way earlier this month and driving from Wanaka to Queenstown a few days in a row, staying in Wanaka and driving to Queenstown to go ride my mountain bike at places.

Was thinking - man I really need to get Blender and teach myself 3D modelling haha...as I'd love to drive that road at pace...unfortunately my Ford Mondeo doesn't really cut it...

Latest News

Back