The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

You should really ask for some data too if you do get contact. Going to be hard to make physics for a car that there might be no information about whatsoever.
That's part of the plan, but for now I just want to get the thing rolling. I have some specs like the wheelbase, engine, weight etc from the technical regulations. But I will need team support for stuff like suspension travel, steer lock, braking power etc. I have some contacts who can help with the physics and tire model at least.

Never been active here before. But I started this Formula Basic project last winter and wanted to get back on it. Modelled from scratch using what meager reference material I could find online. I've pretty much finished the frame and shell as far as a first version should go. And the suspension bits are in place. Once I have a functioning prototype I plan on approaching the teams that drive these IRL to perhaps get access to the real deal in order to take measurements. This is my first mod project so I'm probably gaping over too much but it has been fun to model so far. Now comes the suspension constraints which is where I run out of skill. So we'll see how far I get before I need proper assistance. Anyway, I'll try to post here when I get some more stuff in.
View attachment 525523
Some IRL racing with these cars for those curious about the series.
Looks great so far! Norwegian league when it's out? ;)

Ok, here we go again :)

Kymiring track converted from MotoGP20 Unreal Engine 4 to GTR2 gMotor2. Hope so I can make it work, Terrain is done and there is all I need, if track surface materials work this should be possible to drive some day. From GTR2 it is also possible to convert to AC.

Ok, the track is not driveable yet, but terrain conversion is done and some materials added to see how it looks in 3DSimED and it is converted to GTR2 for first driveable version.

When it is ready I wont release this track because it will be only for my own use to practice for track days etc. I do not have any permissions to share MotoGP stuff and I will keep it quite simple, not so much details, just the track.

All work done with free modding tools except 3DSimED that I've owned a long time since I started modding in 2003...It was quite easy to do.

Teaser image

Kymiring2.jpg

Attachments

• Kymiring.jpg
    Kymiring.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Ok, here we go again :)

Kymiring track converted from MotoGP20 Unreal Engine 4 to GTR2 gMotor2. Hope so I can make it work, Terrain is done and there is all I need, if track surface materials work this should be possible to drive some day. From GTR2 it is also possible to convert to AC.

Ok, the track is not driveable yet, but terrain conversion is done and some materials added to see how it looks in 3DSimED and it is converted to GTR2 for first driveable version.

When it is ready I wont release this track because it will be only for my own use to practice for track days etc. I do not have any permissions to share MotoGP stuff and I will keep it quite simple, not so much details, just the track.

All work done with free modding tools except 3DSimED that I've owned a long time since I started modding in 2003...It was quite easy to do.

Teaser image

View attachment 526039
With all due respect, if you aren't planning on releasing it and it'd be against RD's policies if you did, why post it here?

This could get messy. Kimmo does this kind of thing every now and then. Just take a look at his previous posts. I can only think that he enjoys baiting people. Please dont take the bait until Kenny has had a chance to take a look at this. @Kenny Paton is there anything we can do to avert the :poop: storm which is about to unfold please?

Latest News

Back