The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I'm building something recklessly silly.

View attachment 513474

Just a good ol' Toyota Coaster, with an amazing 129 HP tugging along a 3000+ kg peoplemobile!

So far, it's been a rough ride, but things are coming along decently. Main issue I've been having so far is the cockpit view... disappearing?

Yes ! Another contender for the C15 !
Is that Willow Springs ? It looks great.

For your cockpit view, you'll want to do this :

Code:
[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

in your driver3d.ini
(Also depends on your helmet mesh, you might have to tweak a bit.)

I really really really want to make a BTCC/DTM kinda C15 with a stupidly oversized aero kit.

1635421135834.png

If only Citroën weren't cowards. We were spoiled !

tbh 3d trees wouldnt look good without very seamless transition between 2d lod and 3d one, ideally with slow interpolation, like in Forza. If you have hard lod switch, and also shadow cascades drawing on the tree itself, it'll always look like a lot of objects popping, and "shadow orb" that follows the car and drawing itself onto the trees.

This guy seems to have figured that out by making a custom shader. Looks pretty nice!

Ola guys!
What a bunch of terrific months here!
The new bar, alcohol ( u got a bar, u got alcohol ), and a lot of commissioned work.
In the meantime to keep me relaxed I started modeling something not vintage, but easy and maybe fun for online racing and leagues.
Slowly in my spare time, I just finished the model and some barebone physics.
There is no Euro Nascar in the whole sim panorama so, why not?
Just need some kind boy for creating some RL livery!

untitled.jpg
untitled2.jpg

This guy seems to have figured that out by making a custom shader. Looks pretty nice!

Going the right direction, looks quite good. Still there is popping, and hard to match loda+lodb if the tree direction is random, and you have liimited angles for renders for lodb. And interpolation is probably too quick. Wonder what Forza's trees loda and lodb/c look like. If the last lod is just a billboard, that's just one angle, and 3d trees better have random rotation, otherwise they wouldnt look that great.
Another thing, but it's my personal preference, i'm quite allergic to low-poly 3d trees, unless they're made really good. Other cases they always look like made of origami or various cutout paper pieces.

Last edited:
Ola guys!
The new bar, alcohol ( u got a bar, u got alcohol ), and a lot of commissioned work.
In the meantime to keep me relaxed I started modeling something not vintage, but easy and maybe fun for online racing and leagues.
Huge fan of your Carpi and Mustard. This one looks terrific as well.

Last edited:
Might have a scaling issue causing the object to disappear, I think kseditor's calculation of bounding boxes doesn't work right on scaled meshes and then ingame it assumes the entire mesh is inside the bounding box, so if you can't see the box, the mesh doesn't get drawn at all.
Sorry, kinda unfamiliar with bounding boxes. How would I identify these? Currently I've been updating other things but right now the cockpit view still disappearing is bugging me a bit.

A friend of mine was checking on the car as well, and he apparently didn't have any issue with the interior disappearing on him. Could it just be a setting issue? If so I'm not sure what I am to adjust.

When you select an object in ksEditor, it should show in the Object properties as
Radius whatever
Scale 1 1 1
As long as the radius in metres is about right then it's fine (eg. 2.2m on a 4m long car, if the whole body is one mesh)

Last edited:
I 'm learning a lot thanks to this model. In less than 30 mins I was able to create a transmission chain using the "align" tool, never knew it could be that easy to create such a complicated object. The car is 80% completed, just missing some details as tubes, electric wires, throttle knob and plates.
View attachment 513660View attachment 513661View attachment 513662

Herr Benz would be proud...I'm sure he had plenty of these Eureka moments in the process of creating this machine!

Finally a WIP video of the 64km² map. Let's call it North Island for now... ^^
Copy of the video sub text:
This is a first work in progress, I mainly tried to create a workflow that suit the scope of the project.
It is a very early show : it's buggy, empty and unpolished, BUT it still start to looks like something that could work.
o what you see here is more than 20km hillclimb to the top of the main mountain that features an astronomical observatory. For comparison think it's roughly the same size as the Pikes Peak hillclimb... So not so bad.

What's next? First I will adress the most important : since it is a monumental task, my plan is to have this hillclimb released for free (with upgrade other time of course) and have the full island setting behind a patreon, with a new road/point of interest added every month. Then when it's completed, moving one to the next open world map!

With that out of the way, next video will probably features a nice Town and a huge suspended bridge that will be the access point from the continent... So stay tuned next month ;-)

Tell me what you think of the plan and the WIP so far. :thumbsup:

Ola guys!

View attachment 513656View attachment 513657
Will this mod feature variations for the front and rear bumpers to match the different manufacturers' design elements?

More than half of the buildings around Almaring are done (all the huge and complex buildings). Will it be used as a racetrack in AC? I don't know. The track layout consists of only two corners, therefore, it's a 750 m long stock car track in fact. What I know: Many people loved it back then in the late 70s and early 80s. It was a place to have a bit of fun.
Someone asked me for a screenshot of the 3D model, so here are two Blender screenshots too. :)

blender_model.jpg

blender_model2.jpg

hairpin.jpg

overhead_line.jpg

hairpin2.jpg

woah man, great work on that model, you can probably put that on some asset selling platform on its own, for other people's "dystopian" renders. What's roughly the tris count on that whole thing?

On the third screenshot, I would add a little alpha_test track edge to make the transition between tarmac and grass less sharp :)

Latest News

Back