The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Some progress on the Patent-Benz Motorwagen. Added two out of three tanks, transimission wheel, oil pipe, rims and finished rear chassis.
Currently working on the front chassis structure... the amount of pieces of this thing is insane :cautious:

Rear.jpg

Last edited:
Don't suppose anyone has a good treelines texture they'd be willing to share? The ones I make always look utterly shite...

Looking for pine trees

Last edited:
The first town is growing along suspended bridge, guard rails and road signs... And some renewable energy... ^^

That looks incredible.

We are getting spoiled with these test drive type tracks.

So many amazing tracks being created here last few pages.

If Ilja figures way to add 3d trees this will be forza level soon.

Will you provide short tutorial on the terrain generation that you talked about before at some point?

I'm building something recklessly silly.

View attachment 513474

Just a good ol' Toyota Coaster, with an amazing 129 HP tugging along a 3000+ kg peoplemobile!

So far, it's been a rough ride, but things are coming along decently. Main issue I've been having so far is the cockpit view... disappearing?

That has dual tires, right? I wonder what the proper way would be to simulate that. Probably you can treat it as one big, wide tire, but who knows.

That has dual tires, right? I wonder what the proper way would be to simulate that. Probably you can treat it as one big, wide tire, but who knows.
That is actually what I am doing, the rear tires have a wider model than the fronts, probably not the most accurate thing to do, but it seems like it makes the most sense?

That is actually what I am doing, the rear tires have a wider model than the fronts, probably not the most accurate thing to do, but it seems like it makes the most sense?
The 3D model nor the "WIDTH" will do anything to the simulation itself per-se, apart from WIDTH changing the skidmark width.

Mainly I'm thinking if two narrow tires together have similar load sensitivity to an equivalent width tire. I don't think they do, so it's a bit problematic. They probably also have the slip characteristics of one narrow tire.

Might have a scaling issue causing the object to disappear, I think kseditor's calculation of bounding boxes doesn't work right on scaled meshes and then ingame it assumes the entire mesh is inside the bounding box, so if you can't see the box, the mesh doesn't get drawn at all.

Whoah - do you know where in the world this is set? Looks very Nordic from the housing style.
At first I wanted to do somethin kinda New Zealand but just thinking about learning about traffic rules and sign and driving on the left side etc... I gave up (I'm French by the way).
Now I'm going for a more North America like Washington State kinda vibe but less woody. The town will have a vibe of a small Astoria, Oregon.
So I made a modular system for the houses (the red one are actually a less common).
houses_wip.jpg
Now I have to make officials and appartement and commercial building for dowtown, and a tourist/docks area on the piers.
But man.. Even for a seasoned Game Artist like me... what a task... T_T

Last edited:
The 3D model nor the "WIDTH" will do anything to the simulation itself per-se, apart from WIDTH changing the skidmark width.

Mainly I'm thinking if two narrow tires together have similar load sensitivity to an equivalent width tire. I don't think they do, so it's a bit problematic. They probably also have the slip characteristics of one narrow tire.
Load sensitivity just gets halved. Camber etc. become more important though.

Latest News

Back